A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:43:48 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did Biden Say Now?  (Read 31504 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

All I can say is that I hope they keep running of the platform of raising taxes.  No quicker way to put nails in the coffin of a presidential campaign.

This guy provides republicans with unlimited ammunition.

you do realize people who make less than around $150,000/yr will see a greater tax break under Obama than McCain right? At least the Democrat tax platform makes more sense than the Republicans. The Republicans are in no hurry to get our of Iraq where we're spending $10 billion a month all the while they are trumpeting more tax cuts. I just dont see the logic in more tax cuts while we're spending so much money on war and bailing out the economy left and right.

Wow, no **** Nik we hadn't heard that.  Actually, it's under $250K.

So it's okay that Obama is going to cut taxes, but you don't see the logic in tax cuts?  pancakes?

Under $160K, Obama's plan gives a greater tax break. Between $160K and $225K, you get a tax break under both, but McCain's is greater.

I was saying I don't see the logic in across-the-board tax cuts. Under Obama's plan, the poorest see the greatest tax cut, while the richest see a tax increase (similar to what it was before the Bush tax cuts). McCain wants to give EVERYONE a tax break but I have not seen how he will cut spending and make that money back. Obviously, both candidates will probably dig a deep hole, but McCain's appears to be out of control.
iplaw
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:43:52 pm »

It's simple.  Cutting taxes increases revenue, just look at the numbers for the last few years.  We're seeing record revenues.

The difference between the two candidates is that Obama is calling for trillions of dollars in new spending over the next ten years.  The figure, even by conservative estimates is that his plan will add 3.4 trillion to the debt by 2018.

As bad as Obama's plan is, McCain isn't really addressing the WORST of the issues either.

The bottom line is, we MUST cut spending.  Within 10 years ever dollar we get in revenue will be used up simply by SSI and Medicare...that doesn't even account for money needed to pay for defense, infrastructure, etc...

Significant cuts in spending are the only real solution.  We can't tax ourselves out of this hole, period.  Nor will tax cuts with increased investment get us there. Whether we cut taxes which WILL increases GDP or raise taxes which WILL lower the GDP, there simply isn't enough money there, even if we raised taxes to damn near 90% on everybody.

Restructuring these government programs is our only hope in concert with strict fiscal responsibility from here on out.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:45:25 pm by iplaw » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

So PATRIOTISM® to you is this:

Paying less money to support the men & women fighting for your FREEDOM® in Iraq. Because,  guido911 apparently gets paid an alleged 250k+ a year to argue on the internet all day.  Working so hard for that money & doesn't feel like he should pay his share.  Meanwhile, the Grunts in Iraq keep earning that super sweet $19,000 a year.

Paying less to care wounded warriors that fought & were injured fighting for your FREEDOM® in Afghanistan.

Okay, congrats. You're now on the same level as James Brown.  
Except he was talented & able to write a song about his PATRIOTISM®.

if you support this war & the military it's time to put up or shut up.  
However,
In your case, it would be better for the collective IQ of this forum, if you just did the latter.

What a great idea. From now on, I want all my tax dollars to go towards funding our military. I do not want any of my tax dollars funding our f'd up public school system (that my children do not attend), our and any other government hand out program.

Next, in case you missed my first post on this thread, I did my bit for God and Country for numerous years. I earned my rights and freedom, while there are those who have theirs by being a sex trophy. You are not one of those freedom gravy trainers like Obama and Biden, are you?

I guess I should give Biden a break. After all, his idea of Patriotism has to be something other than service to one's country given his draft dodging history.

Oh, I would be careful about using the expression "I.Q." in a thread about Biden. Here's this gem from the plagiarist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEqyYUGk4I

I will be sooooo for not funding our, as you put it... "our f'd up public transportation system (that my family does not use),"  As long as you include the roads in that. I do not want one more road or bridge built or widened anywhere in or around this city.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 06:12:36 pm »

Biden evaluating report's pecs now?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/oh-that-joe-n-7.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 06:22:36 pm »

quote:

I have opted to no longer be critical of Mr. Biden.  He has no ability to edit himself.  He is honest and he is obviously in some manner simplistic.  

I'm not sure if this is a disability or not but I think to poke fun at him is now cruel, so can we leave him alone?

He is his own worst enemy and that is simply sad.

I think to add extra light to his obvious problem is wrong.  I no longer want to be a party to making fun of anyone's disabilities, so I would like to propose a moratorium on poking fun at Joe.

Can you agree with me guido?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 06:55:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:

I have opted to no longer be critical of Mr. Biden.  He has no ability to edit himself.  He is honest and he is obviously in some manner simplistic.  

I'm not sure if this is a disability or not but I think to poke fun at him is now cruel, so can we leave him alone?

He is his own worst enemy and that is simply sad.

I think to add extra light to his obvious problem is wrong.  I no longer want to be a party to making fun of anyone's disabilities, so I would like to propose a moratorium on poking fun at Joe.

Can you agree with me guido?

Let's check with Charlie Rangel. He is apparently an authority on persons with disabilities.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 03:46:37 pm »

Joe gaffing on his guns:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/oh-that-joe-n-9.html

You know GAS, Joe might be pathological.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 11:34:44 am »

Joe gaffing on the Depression:

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/23/biden-on-fdrs-management-of-the-1929-crash/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 11:38:30 am »

Sheesh, he's nuttier than McCain.

No wonder the Dims keep hammering Palin, takes the focus of what a dumbass pick Biden was.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 12:03:25 pm »

quote:

Sheesh, he's nuttier than McCain.

No wonder the Dims keep hammering Palin, takes the focus of what a dumbass pick Biden was.

I commend Obama for picking Biden.  It's a very brave thing for him to do.  Biden is a very special candidate, and I think it's very big of Obama to include him on the ticket, in the face of some obvious and powerful opposition from within his own party.

Seldom does someone of Biden's caliber get to participate in such an important process.

I used to think Biden was just another pandering liberal, but he really doesn't engage in the same degree of dishonesty as the others.  He simply speaks from the hip about what he's thinking.  Flow of consciousness kind of stuff.  I don't think he has the capacity to edit himself, for better or worse. We need to be sensitive to that.  

To be overly critical of Biden is really cruel.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 12:55:33 pm »

quote:

I used to think Biden was just another pandering liberal, but he really doesn't engage in the same degree of dishonesty as the others.  He simply speaks from the hip about what he's thinking.  Flow of consciousness kind of stuff.  I don't think he has the capacity to edit himself, for better or worse. We need to be sensitive to that.  

Oh get over yourself GAS. The guy's running for vice president of the free world, not secretary of his elementary school student council. If he is elected VP, do you want him speaking as a representative of this country to the prime minister of India with the chance that this comes out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM19YOqs7hU

BTW, you make it sound as if he has some sort of disability or medical condition when he runs off at the mouth that should cause us to treat him as if he is a member of a protected class. If that's the case, should he even be a candidate for VP? After all, we would not want to exacerbate his disability.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:55 pm »

quote:

quote:

Oh get over yourself GAS. The guy's running for vice president of the free world, not secretary of his elementary school student council. If he is elected VP, do you want him speaking as a representative of this country to the prime minister of India with the chance that this comes out?

BTW, you make it sound as if he has some sort of disability or medical condition when he runs off at the mouth that should cause us to treat him as if he is a member of a protected class. If that's the case, should he even be a candidate for VP? After all, we would not want to exacerbate his disability.

Guido, knock it off!!!

Biden is a "special needs" candidate.

You should be more PC in your characterizations of him.

Personally, I'm ashamed of myself calling him a dumbass pick. Thanks for setting me straight Gaspar. [Sad]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 01:20:29 pm »

Obama needs to keep Biden on a shorter leash.  Apparently these two are not communicating before they issue statements to the press anymore.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/obama-on-bidens.html
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 01:25:30 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Guido, knock it off!!!

Biden is a "special needs" candidate.

You should be more PC in your characterizations of him.

Personally, I'm ashamed of myself calling him a dumbass pick. Thanks for setting me straight Gaspar. [Sad]

[}:)]

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 02:02:28 pm »

And here is the video of Biden and his most recent gaffe (I think):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTBZHf6WyG0&eurl=http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/23/biden-on-fdrs-management-of-the-1929-crash/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org