A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:39:22 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Preservation and the Comp Plan  (Read 11183 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 09:22:16 pm »

Well, they did say "capture your dreams."  Even though the refineries are not in the City of Tulsa (avoiding incorporation allows them to not pay city taxes, I believe), there are many who believe that the refineries should go.

They destroy our chances to develop the most beautiful (based on views of the skyline) and appropriate section of the river.  In addition they are a health hazard and basically impact quality of life with their caustic stink.  (I speak as someone who lived near 21st and Riverside for about 15 years and spent a lot of time at the Riverparks.)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 09:55:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

I mainly stickered the areas where the refineries are currently. Getting rid of the the refineries and redeveloping that land was really popular at our table.

Complete fiction, but popular. I seem to remember you being generally anti government spending for capital projects but your plan is to spend all the efforts buying and redeveloping an area in the middle of 2 Billion (with a B) upgrades that serves a market that is more profitable than ever in history?

Yeah, I bet that'll be cheap. That land is likely worth, per acre, more than most of Tulsa combined.

Our table concentrated on far east Tulsa, North Tulsa and some in west Tulsa on places that need it and in ways that are physically possible.

Boy, that sure got your panties in a wad. I walked around and looked at some other tables and was happy to see the trend of redeveloping the refineries wasn't just happening at our table.

Another little FYI from the map, the refineries aren't in the city limits and were actually excluded from the project. Check the dotted lines.

If people are expressing their desire to see this included, then it should be. I never heard anyone state this was excluded. The facilitators and planners never indicated the refineries were off limits. BTW, if you want to play this game then light rail to Broken Arrow and other points outside of the city limits should not be allowed to be considered either. Choke on that, doughboy.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org