A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:23 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sally Bell/Bells Amusement Park  (Read 7568 times)
1956packard
Activist

« on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:34 pm »

September 13 2008

Aloha and Lawzee:

Just something to consider please excuse my poor English

The Bells ordeal at the fairgrounds some of you say that Sally bell and her family
have a axe to grind and don't know anything about business well most of you probably don't know what's going on. The Bells were  run out of business because they are republicans & members of the John Birch society who don't engage in corrupt politics  Mrs Mayor, her cronies, & the city counsel were all having running screaming hissy fits back when the city was considering annexing the fairgrounds  because they didn't want the Bells  around with the Bells around The mayor, and the city could not get away with their mickey mouse political doings.  
     You probably don't remember this  but back in the early 1980's 80,81,82,83 the bells wanted to leave the fairgrounds so they could
build a water park and a improved amusement park at 193rd east ave and 51st it was just magic they couldn't get water rights from either Tulsa or Broken Arrow and the project
failed.    
   Hey boys & girls can you say Murphy brothers and the Just built Big Splash and can you say corrupt fairgrounds trust authority and corrupt city and county governments.  Oh where oh where
is the grand jury oh that's right I just forgot this is Oklahoma besides a fair and just grand jury in Oklahoma what was I thinking
         The Bells their amusement park and
their business dealings I won't say how I know
but Robbie, Bob and Sally Bell are quite astute
at the amusement park business if nothing else
the have this little quirk they like to eat, to pay their bills & to have a roof over their heads   most mom & pop family owned amusement
parks are either closed or death traps small amusement parks can't get the cash flow of a Magic Mountain or Six Flags type park  the Bells on a much smaller scale bucked that trend
but it took them lots of honesty, character, their religious faith,  frugal business knowledge and most of all hours and hours of hard work
      sure Mrs Sally Bell has a axe to grind a big one but who better to start the house cleaning that Tulsa's city & county government needs
      The Bells don't know anything about politics that's is a erroneous statement
Bob & Sally Bell both graduated from Tu where
do you think they met and they both are outspoken members of the John Birch Society just look at the white van they drive it's a rolling billboard for the John Birch society

Ah so dishonorable Grasshopper you have      
  awoken the proverbial sleeping Dragon

P.S.   hey people the Bells know more about
 politics and government than  the average
 person and will do whats right  for the city I know  how do I know well lets just say that's personal and leave it at that
 I'm not writing this because I am a nut or a fanatic    

p.s.+1  for everyone's edification
         the term Lawzee was a term used by
    Gailard Sartain on the old mazeppa show

P.S.+2 Hey boys and girls you think I don't
        know what I'm talking about then
        answer me one question The Bells
        youngest son just  got married
        earlier this year can you tell me
        where he went on his honeymoon?

there is a lot of garbage going
        on in local government the people of
        Tulsa have been screwed over for
        decades Sally Bell  will do what is  best for Tulsa. She is not out for revenge
         I do not have a lot of faith in
         politicians but I do in Bob, Sally,
         Laura, Robbie & Jason Bell

women like Sally Bell are ultra astute
        and ultra wise they
 take care of business and accomplish
         great things

yes the Bells are being discriminated
         against if nothing else than by public
         ignorance

P.S.+3 long before Bells closed or the
        city announced that it was considering
        annexing the fairgrounds all parties
        concerned had a mutual agreement
        to get rid of the Bells in favor
        of the Murphy Brothers asap any way
        any how or they wouuld not do business
        together  the term fairgrounds trust
        authority for years used to be a four  letter word to Bob,Robbie, and Sally  Bell
        there is no love lost between Bob,
       Robbie, Sally and the Murphy Brothers
       either
 the bottom line with the Bells is they  wouldn't play nice with the crooks because they
don't play with crook  what happened they got
burned big time by the crooks  

Aloha and Lawzee

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:45:39 am by 1956packard » Logged

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:34:40 pm »

Formatting and punctuation are your friend.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:58:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

I'm guessing once Sally loses on November 4 this poster will fade away....because most of the message has been about Sally.

Sorry, not enough experience for me, although I was glad she ran to beat Randi Miller.

Although I figured if you could have registered a spider monkey to run against Randi Miller, said spider monkey probably would have beat her.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 01:11:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

I'm guessing once Sally loses on November 4 this poster will fade away....because most of the message has been about Sally.

Sorry, not enough experience for me, although I was glad she ran to beat Randi Miller.

Although I figured if you could have registered a spider monkey to run against Randi Miller, said spider monkey probably would have beat her.

A spider monkey would have better command of the English language.

lawzee.

waterboy
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:02:39 am »

I'm not one to overlook messages because of bad grammar. It makes it harder to converse but I can deal with that. I suggest you keep your posts focussed and simple cause we're all fairly impatient around here!

What I can't deal with is "trust me, I know personally" or the Bell's have been treated badly because they are Republicans and John Bircher's. This city is overwhelmingly conservative Republican in nature. Accusing your fellow party members of discrimination doesn't wash.

I believe there is a lot of relationship business going on in local government. Lots of preferential treatment being passed off as "expertise". Stuff like graduates of Leadership Tulsa doing business with each other, fellow country club golfers dealing with each other, fellow TU grads, ORU grads, Rotary members etc. That's life. Especially in the business world. Corruption is too strong a word for that. Cronyism is better.

Murphy Bros. and some of the heavy contractors who do business with local government look plenty dirty and at least unethical, but if there is hard core corruption in city/county government its being hidden pretty well. Cheating? Absolutely. Unfair advantage? Absolutely.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 10:10:14 am »

I think waterboy is right.

The only reason to vote for Sally Bell is because you dislike the way Murphy Brothers does business with the county. That is the crux of the argument from all the supporters I have heard to date. Vote for Sally and she will clean up that.

That is not enough for me.

I have faith that change is already happening. The other two commissioners outvoted Randi Miller on issues like appointments the last year. The fairgrounds management has changed.

Change is already happening at the County. The reason to vote for who gets to be the third commissioner needs to be calculated on more than a single issue. Especially when the singular promise is to continue what is already happening.

I am a democrat and support Karen Keith. I think she brings much more experience in government than Sally. I think many more people with have much more confidence in County government if she is elected.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:35:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by 1956packard
The Bells were  run out of business because they are republicans & members of the John Birch society who don't engage in corrupt politics  Mrs Mayor, her cronies, & the city counsel were all having running screaming hissy fits back when the city was considering annexing the fairgrounds  because they didn't want the Bells  around with the Bells around The mayor, and the city could not get away with their mickey mouse political doings.

This is complete and utter nonsense. There's a lot that stinks with the County and it is centered on the current and past county Republican leadership of Randi Miller and Bob Dick.

It makes no sense that Bells was tossed due to their Republican political leanings, because it was a Republican dominated County Commission that kicked Bells out. Bells was unfairly kicked out because the corrupt Republican county commission was in bed with the Murphy's. Democratic Mayor Kathy Taylor had nothing to do with it and no say.

The Republican county commission is the one that was in a hissy fit when the city annexed Expo Square and that happened after Bells was already gone. Bells closed in the fall of 2006 and the city voted to annex the fair grounds in April of 2007.

Nice revisionist history to try to blame the Bells debacle on Kathy Taylor but it was ugly local Republican politics that drove out Bells.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org