A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:13:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: recyclemichaelrocks  (Read 2481 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: September 10, 2008, 01:08:11 pm »

Thanks for coming to our neighborhood meeting RM. The presentation was very informative and engaging and I thought the questions and answers were great.
You are obviously "dedicated to the cause" and your enthusiasm and knowledge get people interested. I've heard from many of the attendees and they all had great things to say.

Thanks again.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:08:47 pm »

I could have done this as a PM, but I wanted to make it public.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 03:00:18 pm »

My best RM imitation:

"I have some recyclemichaelrocks. They look just like me only they're not so big I can't actually pick them up"

[Cheesy]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 03:53:30 pm »

Recyclemichael pet rocks?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:54 pm »

Thanks carlton. I enjoyed meeting your neighbors as well.

I really enjoy babbling about the green movement and how people can green their lives. I have been doing about three presentations a week for the last year. I have spoke to most of the neighborhood associations, civic groups and local schools in town. Lately I have been speaking to church groups on Sundays.

My wife complains that I work weekends and a couple of nights a week. I tell her that I still make quality time for her and the kids and too much of me would be a bad thing.

Thanks for the compliment. You run a good meeting and your association sure has a lot going on.

Rock is dead...long live paper and scissors!

Power is nothing till you use it.
naenae42day
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:07:23 pm »

Michael

Would you consider coming to a company and talking to folks?  I work for a gas/oil company downtown...and try in my own way to get the green movement going...paper...cans etc...but I want folks to think more about it in their daily home lives too.  Being from Oregon...not recycling is almost a sin...=)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:38:36 pm »

I do it all the time. I consider it my job. I am your free consultant.

I am on retainer to make every area person as green as I can.

I love Oregon. I was just there this spring. It is easy to be green in such a green environment. Empty lots in Oregon turn into rainforest. It is harder in Oklahoma. Here even growing a garden is something to be proud of.

But we are becoming green fast. This is the greenest group of elected officials we have ever had. We now get phone calls every day from people wanting to volunteer to help. This weekend we are helping four different events recycle for the first time. It is great. Our efforts are a small part of a big effort but we know we have much more to go. But we are doing it fast.

We used to be the dust bowl and now we are green country.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:39:29 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org