A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:44 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's signed up for PLANiTulsa?  (Read 11302 times)
Chicken Little
« on: September 08, 2008, 06:49:20 pm »

Aye.

www.planitulsa.org
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:11:05 pm »

Nay.

I am out of town.

I have tried to make my comments already to the PlaniTulsa team.

I certainly hope there are lots of people. I am sad I am going to miss a once every thirty years opportunity to offer my opinions.

You guys all show up and make this a great thing.

Power is nothing till you use it.
MDepr2007
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »

I don't know that my participation or anyones actually will change the looks of abandoned buildings on north Sheridan or Admiral Pl.

Our city councilor even ran on cleaning it up out here but we've seen nothing. What would this get together do to help this problem?

Sounds like Planitulsa is only for areas that have people that want to spend money and develop an area and that area ain't out here. So can anyone explain what an eastsider or northsider can get out of this or even contribute that worth the time ?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:00 pm »

Chicken Little,

Thanks for the reminder, I signed up for the 22nd.  This is a great opportunity to be involved.  Anyone who doesn't take advantage of it won't be able to say: "they didn't ask for my opinion".  As a matter of fact, they did.

I'll be easy to spot CL, I look just like Colonel Sanders.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:19:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MDepr2007

I don't know that my participation or anyones actually will change the looks of abandoned buildings on north Sheridan or Admiral Pl.

Our city councilor even ran on cleaning it up out here but we've seen nothing. What would this get together do to help this problem?

Sounds like Planitulsa is only for areas that have people that want to spend money and develop an area and that area ain't out here. So can anyone explain what an eastsider or northsider can get out of this or even contribute that worth the time ?

Sounds like your really frustrated about that area. I cant speak to that directly at this moment, but the new Comprehensive Plan will be important on many fronts. Please dont hold on to one problem that is irking the dickens out of you and leave 100 other descisions up to everyone else only to have you possibly not like what they came up with, without you. There is going to be a new plan with or without you or any eastsider or northsiders input. Just as the comprehensive plan we have had over the last decades has absolutely defined and shaped the growth of this city,,, so too will this new one.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Chicken Little
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 07:45:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

And I look just like a myocardial infarction, Colonel.[Wink]  Ha!  We'll probably sit right next to each other and never argue once...looking forward to it!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:24:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

And I look just like a myocardial infarction, Colonel.[Wink]  Ha!  We'll probably sit right next to each other and never argue once...looking forward to it!

Myocardial infarction...LOL!  Look forward to it.

I'm somewhat less of an a-hole in person.
[Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MDepr2007
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:

Sounds like your really frustrated about that area. I cant speak to that directly at this moment, but the new Comprehensive Plan will be important on many fronts. Please dont hold on to one problem that is irking the dickens out of you and leave 100 other descisions up to everyone else only to have you possibly not like what they came up with, without you. There is going to be a new plan with or without you or any eastsider or northsiders input. Just as the comprehensive plan we have had over the last decades has absolutely defined and shaped the growth of this city,,, so too will this new one.

Thanks Artist...
I suppose the best thing to do , is show up and find out instead of miss out.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:40:52 pm »

I signed up, but because I'm one of those evil suburbanites, I didn't get an invite.  Maybe I'll go on standby.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:41:38 pm »

quote:

Oh my gosh, this is EXACTLY the reason you (and all your neighbors) need to attend!  

Huge empty parking lots and abandoned areas are the MOST ripe for redevelopment and infill.  This is where there is the most possibility for growth and return on investment.  This is where there could be a new infusion of tax dollars WITHIN the city of Tulsa.  The goal is to use all our space efficently, instead of wasting so much of it, and sending new developments out into the burbs.

At the workshops, you'll start with a huge map of Tulsa.  You'll receive a bunch of stickers representing different types of development (ranging from large-lot residential to much more dense/compact, mixed-use developments) so you can show what you'd like to see in those abandoned areas.  You'll have markers so you can indicate preservation areas, green space, bike trails, transit routes, etc.  There is also space for comments about anything else you want to be considered!

People in the historic neighborhoods in midtown may want to focus on preservation, while your neighbors may want to focus on new developments and growth.  That's the idea!  You're the expert on your part of town.  You know what you have and what you need.  Whatever you'd like to see happen, it can only happen if you participate and bring your ideas to the table.

You'll also want to be sure and attend future workshops that will be dedicated specifically to your part of town.  This is where you can get really specific and start talking about detailed street plans for your neighborhood!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 10:09:09 am »

See you on the 22nd
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 11:14:16 am »

quote:

I sent an email to David Patrick about a possible deal with a North Sheridan location and got a response in under a day asking what he could do to help. Obviously, results may vary but he seemed pretty fired up about it. (The deal fell through but it had nothing to do with the location or anything else city related)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 01:16:57 pm »

Great article from Michael Bates encouraging people to get involved in PLANiTULSA... and giving a lot of details about the process.

www.urbantulsa.com

Glad to see it as the cover story on the Urban Tulsa.  I continue to be surprised at the total LACK of attention from the Tulsa World...and not much output from the Comp Plan PR firm.  Thanks, Michael, for helping get the word out!
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »

I heard on Friday that about 500 people have already signed up for the first two workshops.  If this keeps up, there's a good chance an additional workshop would be added in the near future.  Go Tulsa!  If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to do so.  

By the way, b/c of the huge turnout, the PLANiTULSA team is looking for volunteer facilitators for both workshops.  The facilitator's job is to ensure everyone at the table understands the planning "tools" and that everyone's voice is heard.  The facilitator is  completely neutral (so if you want to participate as a "planner," don't sign up to be a facilitator for the same session).  If you have the time and inclination to help out as a facilitator, contact the City of Tulsa Planning Department (planning @cityoftulsa.org).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org