A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:51:38 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso empty shells get new life  (Read 17341 times)
OUGrad05
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »

I really wish Owasso had some good local restaurants.  Unfortunately, everything we've had was mediocre to poor Sad

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »

I really wish Owasso had some good local restaurants.  Unfortunately, everything we've had was mediocre to poor Sad

Tavins Thai Grill are local people and is very good.  The first Saturday of the month they have a Prime Rib Dinner that is very good.  They have American/Native American and Thai food.  

Trails End Bar B Que is good local place for Breakfast, their Bar B Que is good too.   The owner was just given a Chamber of Commerce Community award for his support of community events both catering and just helping out.  

El Fogon is a good local place for Mexican Food.  It is not tex-mex like the local chains but authentic Mexican Food.  The people who run it are super nice.

Collinsville at short drive north of Owasso has 3-4 dinners that are pretty good if you're looking for comfort food.  I think  Karen's Koutry Kitchen is the best of them they have a really good Catfish Dinner on Friday's.   The Silver Dollar Cafe has good fried mushrooms and hot hamburger.   Their serving portions run on the large side.

Baja Jack's Burrito Shack is a locally owned California beach style Mexican food.  The Mango Salsa alone is worth the visit. The owner is usually there visiting your table making sure your are having a good experience. 

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:00:17 pm by unreliablesource » Logged

Trust but verify
OUGrad05
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »

Tavins Thai Grill are local people and is very good.  The first Saturday of the month they have a Prime Rib Dinner that is very good.  They have American/Native American and Thai food.  

Trails End Bar B Que is good local place for Breakfast, their Bar B Que is good too.   The owner was just given a Chamber of Commerce Community award for his support of community events both catering and just helping out.  

El Fogon is a good local place for Mexican Food.  It is not tex-mex like the local chains but authentic Mexican Food.  The people who run it are super nice.

Collinsville at short drive north of Owasso has 3-4 dinners that are pretty good if you're looking for comfort food.  I think  Karen's Koutry Kitchen is the best of them they have a really good Catfish Dinner on Friday's.   The Silver Dollar Cafe has good fried mushrooms and hot hamburger.   Their serving portions run on the large side.

Baja Jack's Burrito Shack is a locally owned California beach style Mexican food.  The Mango Salsa alone is worth the visit. The owner is usually there visiting your table making sure your are having a good experience. 

Thanks for the tip.  We're fairly new to Owasso, do you know where these places are?  Baja Jacks is ok we've been there. 

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:19 am »

Don't forget Simply Sushi out east on 86th Street across from the 8th grade center.  It's locally owned too.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 09:54:25 pm »

Don't forget Simply Sushi out east on 86th Street across from the 8th grade center.  It's locally owned too.

I'm not a Sushi fan, it's fish bait to me.   But one of my son's speaks highly of Simply Sushi.

Trust but verify
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »

Thanks for the tip.  We're fairly new to Owasso, do you know where these places are?  Baja Jacks is ok we've been there.  

Tavin's is behind Mazzio's delivery on 86th near the movie theater.

El Fogan is a block south of German Corner, 116th and Garnett across from Atwoods.

Trails End is on Garnett 3 blocks north of 86th street.  Between the new 1st Bank of Owasso and the Fire Station but across the street.  

The Dinner's in Collinsville are all on Main ST.  Karen's Kourtry Kitchen is about 3-4 blocks west of 169 on the south side of the road before you come to the first stop light.   The Silver Dollar Cafe is more in the middle of the downtown district of Collinsville.  It is on the North Side of the road about the 3-4th stop light.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:10:04 pm by unreliablesource » Logged

Trust but verify
FOTD
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 10:02:55 pm »

All those restaurants look like gas futures...

Owasso. GMAFB
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 10:10:09 pm »

Owasso. GMAFB

Hey, there's still a lot of folks make their living from the oil business around here.  Give them a break.

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 10:13:21 pm »

Owasso. GMAFB

Gas Futures what's wrong with that?   I own a 20% interest in a natural gas well in Northern Craig County.   

You going to have a problem with that like you have with every other capitalist function of our country?

Trust but verify
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org