A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:51:11 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso empty shells get new life  (Read 17343 times)
Cubs
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:46:10 pm »

QuikTrip will take over an old gas station at 96th and Garnett.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20106536&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=597380&rfi=6
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market will take over part of old Albertson's building.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20105871&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=597380&rfi=6
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »

For a second I thought this was going to be a thread about people moving away from Owasso back to the city. [Tongue]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Aqxea
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:44 pm »

I've been waiting for years for QT to take over the old Byrd's gas station.  Too bad I don't live there anymore.
naenae42day
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:31:02 pm »

I thought we had read that it was going to be a Harps Grocery in the old Albertsons.  Last thing we need is yet ANOTHER walmart.

I am glad about the QT, but I still can't understand why they left German Corner.  I think we could more than support a QT there as well.  
Hell we have a walgreens at 116th and and 96th.  No one has that many prescriptions.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Las America's at German Corner?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:55:27 am »

Can anyone post the story? The link is subscription only.
Cubs
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:38 am »

Anyone know what is going in the old Fuddrucker's building. I'm assuming something is because it looked like someone has been working on the building and it is listed as "fully leased" on LoopNet (updated 12/4/09).  http://www.loopnet.com/property/14927718/11909-East-96th-Street-North/

Also, the old Popeye's building is going to be a Church's. Hopefully it will last a little longer than Popeye's did (so we are shooting for 2 days, jk)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56:02 am »

Anyone know what is going in the old Fuddrucker's building. I'm assuming something is because it looked like someone has been working on the building and it is listed as "fully leased" on LoopNet (updated 12/4/09).  http://www.loopnet.com/property/14927718/11909-East-96th-Street-North/

Also, the old Popeye's building is going to be a Church's. Hopefully it will last a little longer than Popeye's did (so we are shooting for 2 days, jk)
Popeye's and Church's are owned by the same corporation. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 03:35:56 pm »

The Owasso Reporter says the old Fudrucker's building is being taken over by Ruby Tuesday.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Cubs
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 11:29:01 pm »

well i am glad something is going in the building, but i was hoping for something better .... oh well, hopefully it will last .... are the Ruby Tuesday's in Tulsa doing good business anyone know?
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 07:57:03 pm »

I know I like to eat at Ruby Tuesday.

They have an outstanding salad bar.   

I have enjoyed the half a dozen or so times I have ate there.

Trust but verify
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 08:30:19 pm »

There's something going up on the old Golden Corral site too.  The framing went up in the last couple of days. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 09:40:02 pm »

There's something going up on the old Golden Corral site too.  The framing went up in the last couple of days. 

It's going to be a strip business center.   Similar to the one that is at 76th and 129th. 

Trust but verify
Composer
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

So the Fuddrucker's is going to be Ruby Tuesday.  I have read they also have plans for restaurants in Broken Arrow and Glenpool.  Any rumors about the former Steak N Shake in Owasso? 

I have also heard Bed Bath & Beyond will take the place of the former Linens N Things. 
LoveMyFam
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 10:15:34 am »

So the Fuddrucker's is going to be Ruby Tuesday.  I have read they also have plans for restaurants in Broken Arrow and Glenpool.  Any rumors about the former Steak N Shake in Owasso? 

I have also heard Bed Bath & Beyond will take the place of the former Linens N Things. 

It's sad that Linens N Things didn't make it.  I think Bed Bath & Beyond will be good though.  Has anyone heard of the new CVS pharmacy coming to Owasso?  I heard last summer that it was coming but haven't heard anything since.
Composer
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:41 am »

Yes, BB&B will be coming to the former Linens N Things.

CVS is planned for the Southeast Corner of 96th and 129th. I would imagine they are also looking in the area of Highway 20 and 169. They are preparing to open a store in Bixby and 2 with a 3rd planned for Broken Arrow.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org