A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:04:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30's, 40's Singles Groups  (Read 3253 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: August 27, 2008, 12:17:06 pm »

Someone I know has become single again in their mid-40's.  What singles activity groups there are around town?  Not for hook-ups, but doing community work, get-togethers, etc.  Something which attracts more along the lines of 30-ish to 50-ish people.  

I think he's afraid of there being nothing more than line dances with people on walkers, clogging, and bingo nights. [}:)]

I didn't know of any, but said I knew where I could likely find out.  I've been out of the loop for some time and would have recommended the Jaycees or TYpros but I remembered the Jaycees are age-limited at 40 and not sure about TYpros.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:33:50 pm »

I loved being a member of Singles Available for Community Service. I highly recommend them.

http://www.tulsacs.us/

They threw me out when I got married.

Power is nothing till you use it.
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:52 am »

What about for early 20s?  My nephew is shy and hasn't been able to connect with anyone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org