A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:28:31 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palin was a Secessionist  (Read 7624 times)
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 03:34:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Andrew Sullivan has been nowhere close to being a conservative for the last six years or so.  I don't even think the guy is a U.S. citizen, is he?

My understanding is the "crew" has descended on Alaska to deal with the additional media inquiries and general circus.  That's the way it's spun by the GOP.  The DNC is spinning it as a "clean-up" crew.  The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

We all know Biden is a dude bag, no one knew Palin, so they are working overtime to dude her up.

McCain is too crafty, he's not the dolt you think he is.

My understanding is that a crew from McCain's campaign organization is in Alaska to coordinate with Governor Palin's existing staff.

There are a million things to coordinate, including campaign message and theme, travel and appearance itineraries, meals, lodging, school, baby-sitters, laundry, etc.

Make that 2 million things.
Chicken Little
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

My understanding is that a crew from McCain's campaign organization is in Alaska to coordinate with Governor Palin's existing staff.

There are a million things to coordinate, including campaign message and theme, travel and appearance itineraries, meals, lodging, school, baby-sitters, laundry, etc.

Make that 2 million things.

Do any of those zillion things include asking the nominee why she wanted to secede from the United States?  'Cause that seems like it might be of consequence.
rwarn17588
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 10:39:46 pm »

It's been confirmed. Palin wasn't vetted until Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090203462.html?hpid=topnews

Sheesh. Anyone who thinks any candidate can be vetted in that short of a time frame is nuts.

And McCain is a guy we should take seriously in how he haphazardly chooses a person who's one heartbeat away from the presidency?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:01:48 pm by rwarn17588 » Logged
rwarn17588
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »

quote:

Andrew Sullivan has been nowhere close to being a conservative for the last six years or so.  I don't even think the guy is a U.S. citizen, is he?

Considering he recently wrote a book called "The Conservative Soul," about how conservativism can be revived in this country. He's long been a fan of Ronald Reagan. He also was an editor for the National Review.

So, yeah, he's a conservative.

No, he's not a citizen. But he's lived in the U.S. for a quarter-century.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:03:40 pm by rwarn17588 » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 10:00:43 am »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

It's been confirmed. Palin wasn't vetted until Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090203462.html?hpid=topnews

Sheesh. Anyone who thinks any candidate can be vetted in that short of a time frame is nuts.

And McCain is a guy we should take seriously in how he haphazardly chooses a person who's one heartbeat away from the presidency?

B.S.  The article says she wasn't "interviewed" by Culvahouse until Weds.  This was AFTER much of the "vetting" process had taken place.

"The new details of the selection process provide a fuller picture of how and when McCain made his decision. Despite the late interview of the little-known Palin, senior McCain advisers said Tuesday night that she was chosen only after a lengthy and deliberative process that included the same background investigation given to others on McCain's shortlist and considerable debate among the candidate's inner circle about all his choices."

IOW- she was well-known to the campaign prior to last Weds.  This is classic WaPo spin.

I always love it when journalists quote "sources close to the campaign".

Sometimes your reading comprehension (or lack thereof) stuns me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:05:05 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:40 am »

quote:

quote:

Considering he recently wrote a book called "The Conservative Soul," about how conservativism can be revived in this country. He's long been a fan of Ronald Reagan. He also was an editor for the National Review.

His idea of conservatism is greatly at odds with "mainstream" conservatism.  Then again, so is mine on social issues.  He claims to be more Libertarian, I'd say his Libertarianism is to the left of my own.

The guy is a walking contradiction if you've read bios of him.  He's not stood shoulder-to-shoulder with conservatives ever.  The only thing even remotely idenifiable is that he supported Bush in 2000.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 11:56:20 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

His idea of conservatism is greatly at odds with "mainstream" conservatism.  Then again, so is mine on social issues.  He claims to be more Libertarian, I'd say his Libertarianism is to the left of my own.

The guy is a walking contradiction if you've read bios of him.  He's not stood shoulder-to-shoulder with conservatives ever.  The only thing even remotely idenifiable is that he supported Bush in 2000.

You're saying that he's not a "mainstream" conservative, like that's a bad thing.

And when you're a big dog at the National Review, yeah, you're dealing with a lot of fellow conservatives on your own staff. He's a classic Thatcher-Reagan conservative.

Listen, there's a lot of former Republicans (including me) who are greatly dismayed with how the current GOP has devolved. So I don't find Sullivan's stances out of line of what a 1980s conservative would have been. It's just that the modern-day GOP has moved in a more corrupt and insidious direction.
FOTD
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 11:59:07 am »

Everyone under 35 will be a secessionist if the election gets hijacked again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org