A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100th Anniversary of Crosbie Heights  (Read 5085 times)
mrB
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:49:34 pm »

The 100th Anniversary of Crosbie Heights becoming an offcial neighborhood is
Saturday, Aug. 23 -

The Block Party to celebrate the Centennial of perhaps the oldest neighborhood in Tulsa. There’ll be cops and firetrucks, and bouncy castles and politicians and hot dogs and Cave House facts and memories of the past and visions of the future. Please come by, I’ll even throw a Veggie Burger on the grill for you. 2-7pm at 304 S. Nogales (test your pronunciation knowledge of this one with the old-timers).

If the party ain’t enough for you, get your kitsch on for the Dolly Parton look-a-like party
over at the VFW Local Post 577, Uptown Lounge. 1109 E 6th St in Tulsa at 7PM.
This will be a really fun event. No cover charge – free food.

Hop to It!

F. Scott Smith
Proprietor
BlueJackalope Grocery & Coffee
306 S. Phoenix Ave
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:08:38 pm »

I worked for Mercury Express when the were on the SW corner of Chas. Page and Nogales from 1986 until 1990. I see according to google streets it now a law office.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 04:08:36 pm »

When I was little my grandma and grandpa lived in a duplex on Nogales. I know how they pronounced it. And it wasn't like the city in Arizona. [Smiley]
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 05:18:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

When I was little my grandma and grandpa lived in a duplex on Nogales. I know how they pronounced it. And it wasn't like the city in Arizona. [Smiley]

Was it :No-gA-les? (A=long a sound)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:11:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dbacks fan

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

Was it :No-gA-les? (A=long a sound)

No "a" sound at all. Just Nogles.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 02:23:40 pm »

This might have gone off better if... People in the neighborhood would have been notified. I mean I didn't see this post until the day of. Just a little idea for 25 years from now when it turns 125.

Thank you,
Robert Town
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:45:32 pm »

I saw publicity for it. The M.e.t. even had a table passing out propaganda there on Saturday.

Sorry you missed it. It is a cool, funky little part of Tulsa that deserves a little more attention.

Power is nothing till you use it.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I saw publicity for it. The M.e.t. even had a table passing out propaganda there on Saturday.

Sorry you missed it. It is a cool, funky little part of Tulsa that deserves a little more attention.

Well my point wasn't that other people didn't know about it, I live on Olympia, no mailer, I don't watch TV and I don't go M.E.T. Living in the area (1 block south and west) you would have thought.... well I think my point is a bit better now.

Thank you,
Robert Town
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:07 pm »

I am sorry you missed it.

I heard about it at the Crosbie Heights neighborhood meeting the month before and saw information about it posted at the grocery store. I live 12 miles away and yet have been to the store a couple of times.

You don't go to neighborhood association meetings nor shop at the local store two blocks from your house, yet you go online to a public forum and complain that you were not notified.

Might I recommend that you take some responsibilty for becoming active and telling your neighbors next time?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org