A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:20:04 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great news for Casa Loma building on Route 66  (Read 5358 times)
AVERAGE JOE
« on: August 25, 2004, 07:54:41 am »

Opened up the paper this morning to find the best news I've had in a long time. Bama Pie has purchased my favorite building on Route 66 and plans to rehabilitate it completely to serve as their headquarters! [Cheesy]

For those of you unfamiliar with it, the Campbell Building, also known as the Casa Loma Building, was built in 1929 and stretches the entire block from Columbia to Birmingham along 11th Street. The Bama Pie plant is across the street diagonally.

I was deeply concerned about this building. The upper floor apartments have been vacant for years, and the ground floor tenants have moved out one by one this year. I thought it might be in serious danger of being abandoned or torn down.

Nice to know there are some long-time Tulsa businesses who appreciate the beautiful old buildings around them and act to preserve Tulsa's heritage. Perhaps some of these other outfits will learn a thing or two from Bama Pie's example.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2004/Final/E_1_8_25_2004.PDF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org