A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:39:35 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Cheffing/Food Delivery  (Read 4279 times)
Bumby
Activist

« on: September 06, 2008, 09:13:05 pm »

At one time, I would have been better informed of the services offered in Tulsa than I am now.  Any help would be appreciated.

A dear friend has asked me about services/caterers in Tulsa, similar to one she enjoys in Austin...The Soup Peddler... that might help her parents with a few healthy meals.  Something besides eating/ordering out all the time. I'm at a loss.  Isn't there a box up your ingredients place in south Tulsa? (I realize they don't/didn't deliver.)  Lambrusco'z, Pare etc are not quite what she's needing.  

Any ideas?
citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:29:11 pm »

We have a family friend that is a chef and works for a noted restaurant here in Tulsa. I believe he is available for private consultation and preparing special meals. He is really good with a well rounded repertoire.

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
dayzella
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:37:19 am »

How about D'Novo?
http://www.dnovoleangourmet.com/
naenae42day
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:43:39 am »

Owasso has 2 of those box up and freeze meal places.  Pass your Plate and Super Suppers.  I have heard good things about both.  If you compare to shopping, ingredients, and cooking...not too badly priced, and the meals are large enough for 2 people to enjoy left-overs.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »

That D'Novo place looks interesting. I have seen them going in the Kings Pointe near me but didnt know what it was or if they were open yet. Havent seen any advertising. I like the idea of ordering a meal and safely knowing the calories arent going to be outrageous.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Miss Solemnis
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:01 pm »

T, have you looked at Bill Harris' Elves program at Thyme?  That may work for them.  Also, I'll be back in town permanently in about 4 weeks if your friend is still needing help then.  Smiley

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:53:09 pm »

Petty's in Utica Square.....

Curmudgeon
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:55:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

That D'Novo place looks interesting. I have seen them going in the Kings Pointe near me but didnt know what it was or if they were open yet. Havent seen any advertising. I like the idea of ordering a meal and safely knowing the calories arent going to be outrageous.

I recommend the buffalo burger. Unless you are vegetarian.

buzz words
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 12:08:12 am »

http://naturalfarms.com/dinners.html

*** DTG – Dinners To Go ***

Naturalfarms provides 4 meals per week  @  $25.95 per meal for two people which includes an entrée and a vegetable.  Salads, etc will be provided a’ la carte!!!   Place orders by noon on Monday for Wednesday pickup after 5 pm, place orders by noon on Wednesday for Friday pickup after 5 pm.  All meals will be made with our locally raised meats without the hormones, no antibiotics, no pesticides or herbicides on the pastures.  We will use as many organic ingredients that are available.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:58:42 am »

I talked to someone using the D'Novo service and they are happy with the products they have been getting.  Plus it is low calorie.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Bestwestern
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:16 am »

Mystic Hotels provides professional chefs who delivers delicious food items.
Bumby
Activist

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 09:21:30 am »

Thanks all for some very good suggestions.  I don't know why I never think of Petty's.  Guess because I always walk right past the prepped foods to that bakery counter!

Hey A!  Looking forward to you getting back to town.

The delivery charges from the Mystic Hotel Best Western might prove to be a bit prohibitive for regular orders...but maybe for a special occasion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org