A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:36:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa hosts #1 Memphis!  (Read 4393 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: January 23, 2008, 09:08:57 am »

The University of Tulsa will host the AP/Coaches Poll/and ESPN power poll's #1 team in the nation tonight, at 7pm, in the Reynolds Center on the Campus of the University of Tulsa.  

Tickets are still available for as little as $10.
http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ATULSA%3AB0708%3AB10%3A&linkID=tulsa&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Come watch as Tulsa tries to give the first loss of the season to Memphis where Oklahoma, UConn, USC, Cinci, Georgetown, Arizona, and Pepperdine have all failed.  One of 2 unbeaten teams left in college basketball (Kansas).  This will be the first time since 1994 that Tulsa has played a #1 team at home, which was an OT loss to Arkansas.
http://tulsahurricane.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012108aaf.html

Tulsa is a 13.5 point dog, so I'm not holding out false optimism here.  But show up to cheer on the Hurricane, if we win you can say you were there.  If we lose, you can say "I saw them" as Memphis makes their post season run.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:22:56 am »

Memphis is very good and very tall. Their starting guards are 6'6" and 6'9".

Tulsa's starting guards are 6'0" and 6'2". They are both seniors, but they are the only seniors on the roster.

Tulsa gets blown out, but it will make them better for the future.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gold
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:44:30 pm »

This is way late . . . but there's no way in hell Derrick Rose is 6'6.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:29:46 am »

lol, super late posts rule.

Not 6' 6", but tall enough to get the job done.  I stand by my assessment that Memphis doesn't have many basketball players... just a crap ton of super athletes.  It's much easier to teach an athlete how to play basketball than the other way around.

And I totally called the post season run.  +1 me.  [Tongue]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
deinstein
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:30:24 pm »

The Tigers (or Chalmers) owe me $732.00

That is all.
Gold
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:09:51 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

lol, super late posts rule.

Not 6' 6", but tall enough to get the job done.  I stand by my assessment that Memphis doesn't have many basketball players... just a crap ton of super athletes.  It's much easier to teach an athlete how to play basketball than the other way around.

And I totally called the post season run.  +1 me.  [Tongue]

Rose and Douglas-Roberts were players.  Rose made quite possibly the greatest play I will ever see against TU in the CUSA finals -- he stopped a two on one with just perfect positioning.  It was like watching the Matrix or something.  I even got up and cheered.

Next year they will be all athlete.

Something that is funny to me is how Jerome Jordan pretty much owned Joey Dorsey, but couldn't do anything against Taggart; in the NCAA tournament, Dorsey was the star and Taggart was the goat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org