A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:51:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Hockey League: Who will get there first?  (Read 3554 times)
Laramie
City Father

« on: July 18, 2008, 01:05:53 pm »

Who do you think will make it to AAA first?

Oklahoma City or Tulsa?

I personally think that Tulsa will get there first.

Bob Funk, owner of the Blazers doesn't want to move up to the American Hockey League because of the rivalry we have with Tulsa--so he says!

The American Hockey League (AAA) is seriously thinking of moving toward the Midwest.

With new arenas in Omaha, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and one getting ready to go up in Wichita, the midwest looks very juicy.

I believe that Des Moines and Quad Cities (Moline) currently have teams in the AHL.

AHL Site:
  http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/ataglance/?l_id=17
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:09:34 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:24:09 pm »

A better grade of hockey would be great.

I love the game, but the Central League players are a few steps below what the NHL has. The game is much slower.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:03:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I love the game, but the Central League players are a few steps below what the NHL has. The game is much slower.

Absolutely.

But Lund will fight it every step of the way.  If the AHL is here, he won't be part of it, because of his lack of spending for the team.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:32:56 pm »

The Fabulous Ford Center brought out the best in Oklahoma City as the BOK Center will do in Tulsa.

When Tulsa and/or Oklahoma City joins the AHL' there are teams in Houston and San Antonio.

The BOK Center will be rocking!

Tulsa BOK Center Pic:
  http://gsmith.mysite.com/images/bok_center.jpg

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:48:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

A few steps below the NHL...

The CHL has stepped off the turnip wagon onto the watermelon patch.  It isn't worthy of beinng classified as AA.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org