A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:08:01 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD - WALMART SAND SPRINGS  (Read 35141 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:39 pm »

One thing Reasor's needs to learn about Prattville though: They need to refer to "sushi" as "bait".

There are several useful things to do with raw fish.
1. Bait
2. Fertilizer
3. Get even with someone by leaving it in their warm car
4. Cook it.
---END---

No, I am not a sushi fan.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »

One thing Reasor's needs to learn about Prattville though: They need to refer to "sushi" as "bait".

I imagine they'll cater to their base.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:02 pm »

Isn't that quite a bit smaller than a typical Reasor's?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »

There are several useful things to do with raw fish.
1. Bait
2. Fertilizer
4. Cook it.
---END---

No, I am not a sushi fan.
I love sushi, and Reasor's actually has some of the better sushi that I've come across.  Of course, they do cater to their area.  They don't sell it at the one at 41st and Garnett.  In fact, they act like your nuts if you go in and ask where it's at.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »

Prattville?! So you're an anti-Sand Springite?

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 06:41:12 pm »

Prattville?! So you're an anti-Sand Springite?

Not at all.  I lived in Prattville briefly.  The folks up on the hill there aren't exactly pinkie in the air sushi types, IMO.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:31 am »

Another great way to get someone - go to Walmart, get one of those boxes of fishing worms they sell in sporting goods section.  Place it under the seat of their car - warm is better, hot is spectacular.  I think I would rather have to get rid of the old fish smell.  Have done both - to myself - so am reporting from personal experience.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 08:44:41 am »

As a resident of Prattville, I am very excited about this. My wife actually emailed Reasor's about this several months ago (early summer) and Jeff Reasor replied that their market research didn't indicate that area could support a Reasor's. Guess that changed.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 09:28:23 am »

For clarification:
There is no city of Prattville (it is unincorporated) / Prattville is simply "South Sand Springs"
"Prattville is within the City of Sand Springs; residents are Sand Springs citizens."
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 09:33:36 am »

For clarification:
There is no city of Prattville (it is unincorporated) / Prattville is simply "South Sand Springs"
"Prattville is within the City of Sand Springs; residents are Sand Springs citizens."

I declare revolution for all Prattvillains.  Rise up my brothers.  Watch the world burn.

Congrats on the new grocery store.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:42 am »

I declare revolution for all Prattvillains.  Rise up my brothers.  Watch the world burn.

Congrats on the new grocery store.

"This is a big f*cking deal!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:33 am »

FYI, the new Reasor's in this space opens tomorrow. I got to check it out early on Sunday. Looks pretty nice. Very much looking forward to making it my regular grocery stop.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 03:08:28 pm »

Checked it out this afternoon.  Outstanding!  So far no 400 lb. behemoths in Spandex, so I'll no longer have to do grocery shopping at the Sand Springs Walmart Supercenter.  "Once again the world is spinning in greased grooves." (John Huston in Cannery Row)

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org