A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:59 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You decide - Boycott Micky D's? What the McFawck?  (Read 4923 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: July 10, 2008, 12:24:27 pm »

(I mean I could give you 20 other reasons to boycott them...I do already cause the food SUCKS and I can't stand eating the crap) but this might give you another reason? Maybe..maybe not??

...because they have a...gay agenda?

http://boycottmcdonalds.com/

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:28:59 pm »

I love these boycotts, because they have demonstrated fairly fruitless. After all, Ford hasn't shut down, Disney World hasn't shut down, and I'm sure McDonald's won't shut down either.

---Robert
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 12:31:19 pm »

ya here is a much better reason to boycott them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 12:41:54 pm »

You don't seem very tolerant of others, zstyles.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:28:32 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:16 pm »

They do seem to be obsessed with putting meat between buns.  It is all becoming clear to me now.

danno
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:05:10 pm »

Every business in this country has a gay agenda. Get over it.
santalar
Liberty Blessed America
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 10:42:13 am »

If McDonald's starts supporting terrorism then I am absolutely switching from the Big Mac to the Whopper. Ah, who am I kidding I don't like eating at McDonald's or Burger King.

I do like Wendy's but I have been boycotting that restaurant because they use an underage red headed girl to promote hamburger sales. Now that's got to be illegal.

Liberty Blessed America
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:20 am »

If McDonald's had a gay agenda, the food would be delicious and the decor would be beautiful and inspiring....

Fortune 500 companies that want to compete in the modern world for the talented workforce they need to succeed are all starting to rethink a lot of things.  This includes offering domestic partner benefits as well as eldercare benefits, etc. (ie: allowing an employee to buy insurance for their aging parents, as well as their significant other, gay or straight, on the company's plan).  Welcome to the new millenium.  

You don't have to agree, but you may be left behind...when the world passes you by.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 11:28:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

If McDonald's had a gay agenda, the food would be delicious and the decor would be beautiful and inspiring....

That's funny.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 11:31:21 am »

I like 99c double cheeseburgers ever since I found out mcdonalds sells them at cost or often for a loss.
rwarn17588
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 12:41:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by zstyles

(I mean I could give you 20 other reasons to boycott them...I do already cause the food SUCKS and I can't stand eating the crap) but this might give you another reason? Maybe..maybe not??

...because they have a...gay agenda?

http://boycottmcdonalds.com/

Thanks. I think I'll get a double cheeseburger, then.
inteller
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 03:07:29 pm »

it is pretty obvious mcdonalds is marketing to gays with their latest mccafe commercials.

I remember in the 90s they marketed to blacks, in the 2000s they market to hispanics, but apparently marketing to minorities isn't enough so they have to turn to sexual orientation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org