A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:32:27 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oliveto Restaurant-91st and Memorial  (Read 50324 times)
safetyguy
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:40:38 pm »

Saw this ad for a new restaurant that is a part of the Mazzio's Corp. called Oliveto. The ad says that it will be at 91st & Memorial. My guess is next to Panera since they are doing at the location ( just a guess)

Front of House Restaurant Manager Oliveto is an exciting new ìcontemporary Italian' restaurant with a contemporary menu, ambiance and service format. Appetizers, salads, pastas and pizzas feature bold flavors and a fusion of Mediterranean and Southwestern influences. Craft beers, moderately priced wines and specialty drinks combined with Oliveto's service will make the guest experience comfortable and enjoyable. We are seeking a Front of the House Restaurant Manager for our new 91st & Memorial location with successful experience in a full-service casual dining environment. The qualified individual will be responsible for managing the restaurants operations to ensure guest satisfaction, quality work environment, and sales. Additionally, the individual will be instrumental in the development of processes for the first of several corporate owned restaurants. Previous management in Casual Dining with experience in a "from-scratch" kitchen preferred. We Have a Buffet of Opportunities for You! Competitive starting salary 401K with company match (100% vesting) Medical/Dental after 30 days Tuition reimbursement ïHealth club reimbursement Paid Vacation Prescription Plan ..and more! For consideration, please submit your resume by email, fax, mail, or in person to Attention: Staffing #TWO062008 Email: employment@ olivetobistro.com Fax: (918) 641-1206 Oliveto Italian Bistro Attn: Staffing Manager 4441 S. 72nd East Ave. Tulsa, OK 74145
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:17:04 pm »

Sounds like they are trying out a new concept. Maybe a step above Zios.
mrB
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:58:42 pm »

quote:

For The Record

By Staff Reports
5/25/2008
Last Modified: 5/25/2008  4:29 AM

Commercial Building Permits

(Listed by owner, tenant or building name. Weekly update lists new commercial construction, expansions and enlargements of more than $50,000. Information is from initial applications and is subject to change. Dollar amount is valuation declared by owner.)

Oliveto Italian Bistro , 8922 S. Memorial Drive, interior alteration, $410,000.

Cubs
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:00:19 pm »

oh no, not too many restaurants ... we don't like choices
jackbristow
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:15:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by Cubs

oh no, not too many restaurants ... we don't like choices

considering how Owasso is shedding restaurants, I hope you really believe that[}:)]

I ate there last week.  It was really good and I'll go back.  They had way to many staff wandering around, but I figure that's just because it was opening week and they were still working the kinks out and getting everyone trained.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:31:38 am »

quote:

I'm predicting a great restaurant crash of 2010 because eventually people are going to figure out they can afford high gas if they simply don't drive and eat out all the time.  It is a wonder grocery stores even stay in business.

If it takes that long.

They have been over-building restaurant chains for years now and I think we are almost at market saturation, if not beyond it.  I don't think it's just gas prices, though that does not help.  If you over-build capacity for shopping and dining, there's going to be failure and consolidation.  

One good indicator was seeing Brinker spin off their majority ownership in Macaroni Grill to a third-party equity firm.  I believe they see the writing on the wall and want to minimize overall losses when the inevitable crash happens.

I'm usually very optimistic about the economy.  But a feeding frenzy of development which makes no sense as of yet will result in a load of epic fail.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 05:30:42 pm »

quote:

AWESOME!  Cause we know Tulsa doesn't have ENOUGH restaurants!  

I'm predicting a great restaurant crash of 2010 because eventually people are going to figure out they can afford high gas if they simply don't drive and eat out all the time.  It is a wonder grocery stores even stay in business.

Oh and speaking of the two, Fresh Berry gets their fruit from Wal-Mart.  Saw an employee checking out with crates of stuff.  What a ripoff.

If this is in the same strip as Panera then almost everything on that corner will be a restaurant.  Panera, Backyard Burger, Mcds, Brook, Billy Sims....do we really need more?  Then just across the street you have Sonic, Cicis, and Mcalesters. I think I could let the supposed diversity slide if they actually made that area walkable....but for the life of me I can't think of a single sidewalk in that area to any of the neighboring subdivisions.

I like having lots of choice within easy biking distance. (He writes as he prepares to leave for a 30 mile gasoline-powered roundtrip to eat somewhere far away)

It is a little much having Panera and McAlisters across the street from each other, though. And you forgot Subway, which I'm surprised is still there.. [Tongue]

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
oasis812005
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 05:16:06 pm »

quote:

an italian restaurant (I dont car if they say they are a bistro) that doesn't serve you bread when you sit down it a major failure in my book.  Oliveto is like saying "wow, Panera isn't expensive enough for me, I need to go spend MORE on bread and pasta".

Tell their corporate office. Its a new concept so I'm sure they'll make a few changes.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:10:56 pm »

Free bread...free bread makes a place for you.

You must be a treat for any service person.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:45 pm »

So Inteller will not be hanging out at Oliveto, that means we can get in.  Lets go.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:21 am »

quote:

do you expect chips and salsa when you sit down at a mexican place?  no, don't even answer that, you'll just lie and make yourself look stupid.

Your flacid attempts at name calling.

It's mind blowing how much of a lonely, hated, complaint filled life you have.

The "oh crap, that little nothing just walked into the room.  Wonder what he'll hate this time." you hear when you enter a place must be heart breaking for a friendless worm.

Anyway, always nice to see new places to eat.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 11:39:42 am »

Geez, inteller, I sincerely hope you didn't ***** and moan the entire time and make your dinner guests miserable![Wink]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:09 am »

quote:
spoken like a truely bitter, overpaid, server.

you probably think people should tip no less than 20%, regardless of service.

Nope, just remember your type.

Always angry no matter the job the server does.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:12:40 am »

I ate there Thursday night.......good tasty food, kind quick service.
I would go back anytime. I had a wood fired brick oven Pesto pizza..mmmm good. Prices seem right.
My DATE and I had drinks (several each) appetizer 2 entrees and desert....less than $50 smackers.
Nice looking room.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:38:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

I ate there Thursday night.......good tasty food, kind quick service.
I would go back anytime. I had a wood fired brick oven Pesto pizza..mmmm good. Prices seem right.
My DATE and I had drinks (several each) appetizer 2 entrees and desert....less than $50 smackers.
Nice looking room.

But but but...no free bread?  (Shudder)

Glad to hear you don't believe the lack of free bread constitutes concept failure.

(edited double negative)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:54:08 am by Townsend » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org