A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:09 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oliveto Restaurant-91st and Memorial  (Read 50328 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:45 am »

One day all the "Free Bread" crowd will realize that it ain't free, the cost of all that free bread is built into the price of the menu items.  By not giving away free bread the restaurant is able to lower their prices just a bit.  If they suffer going into bread withdrawal then stop being so darn cheap and buy a loaf and have at it.  Makes me wonder if the free bread crowd also still tips a nickel for a dollar cup of coffee.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 09:13:23 pm »

To think your scoring cheaper food means only one thing,  YOU ARE GETTINg CHEAPER FOOD.  It is all about food costs.  If your food costs are out of line then you go out of business.  So you go somewhere with cheaper food that serves "free bread" that you are really paying for only means that the costs of the food are Cheaper than the other place.  Dude, I have worked in many restaurants for a long time.  You get what you pay for.  The less you pay the less the food value.  Why do you think some of those places fill the plate with french fries or heavily breaded meats and lots of gravy or a big ole pile of mashed potatos?  The expensive part of the meal is the meat and the lesser the quality of the meat the more they can put on the plate at a lesser price.  Meat can be tenderized.  Those restaurants are not giving anything away just to cozy up to you and get you to come back.  You are not going to get a plate with a food cost of 50%, if you do that place isn't going to be around very long.  

Back to "free bread".  If you think you are getting free bread I hate to burst your bubble, it isn't free, YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT.  It is figured into the cost of the food you have ordered.  The same with chips and salsa.  I have priced out too many menus that have had to include the costs of the bread and the butter.  It you don't believe me then you are welcome to go on believing in your delusion.  "Free the Bread" I think I have grown tired of this discussion with someone who has no idea of what they are talking about.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
McParty
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 08:06:41 am »

The wife and I ate there on Friday night. It was pretty good, I was surprised. Plenty of food for the money. And no, I don't go out to eat for the free bread or chips and salsa. As for Italian Restaurants in Tulsa, right now I would say it is one of the best. Beats ZIO's, that's for sure. Their prices keep going up and you get less food. They've been going down hill ever since they sold them to a some national chain, and please don't bring up Olive Garden, just bad Italian food. They can't survive in places with any sort of Italian population because it's so bad, I can (and do) make better at home.
And please...stop complaining about so many restaurants... it's because you live in Tulsa. This is one of THE MAIN test market cities in the United States. Every Corporate enitity that is in the food business opens something here! The best thing to do is support the locally owned businesses!

There will always be whiners though, and just like when I was a Bartender, you serve them and wait for them to leave.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 08:25:02 am »

Anyone seen "superbad?"

McParty... I love that name.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 12:01:31 pm »

They gonna open one in mid-town? I am not going all the way out suburban hell to try a new place.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Shaneous
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 03:50:15 pm »

We tried this place last night and thought it was dreadful tasting. No flavor at all. The waitstaff and management were good and the decor was decent but the food(the reason I eat at a place like that) was terrible. Three tables around us also felt that way as they were barely eating their food and picking at it slowly. I gave the waitress a decent tip and she tried real hard to get us to come back.

The value is good but the food is crap.

My 2 cents.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 08:53:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Shaneous

We tried this place last night and thought it was dreadful tasting. No flavor at all. The waitstaff and management were good and the decor was decent but the food(the reason I eat at a place like that) was terrible. Three tables around us also felt that way as they were barely eating their food and picking at it slowly. I gave the waitress a decent tip and she tried real hard to get us to come back.

The value is good but the food is crap.

My 2 cents.

I sense a pile of horse crap in this post.."three people are you felt the same way"...you got that from them picking at their food??

I don't know about you but I never see people "picking at their food" did they order the same thing as you? I think you are someone who owns another restaurant and are not happy about their opening...
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 10:27:26 am »

I referred a gentleman to this place several weeks ago..he told me yesterday he has been back twice making three visits total...he has thanked me each time (3x)that the place was GREAT!
 Yesterday he said his son had a dish that was not terrific, the server noticed and the manger came over asked about the problem offered another entee adjusted the bill apologized sent a free dessert and assured them the management would know.
Yeah naysayers this sounds like a terrible joint.
Im a jerk and and eat alot and I know my dining experience there was good enough that I look forward to going back...the woodfired pizza is very good.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 02:28:26 pm »

Mazzios is known for experimenting I'm sure Oliveto will get shelved along with Pizzeti's, Mazzio's Grill, etc. They could just convert it to a Zio's.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 03:46:36 pm »

Mazzio's and Zio's are not owned by the same company anymore.

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 10:18:49 am »

Inteller, I am calling you out..............name a positive thing about anything from Tulsa you have posted about.

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 10:04:01 pm »

uuuuuuh...Okay. You win; I agree.

Shaneous
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 10:25:38 am »

zstyles,
I wish I owned a restaurant but I do not. I'm just a worker bee for corporate america like most people. Perhaps it was just an off night who knows.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 11:00:58 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2008/videos/olivetobistro.aspx

Video....looks good...
EJ

Tourist

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:34 am »

I met a few friends at Oliveto Italian Bistro's bar last night, Wednesday Feb 11, for Happy Hour. They have great deals on an impressive variety of beers. My favorite were the local beers; Marshal and Choc.  Very cool bar BTW. Several huge flat screens, granite, cool decor, etc. Their $6.00 Happy Hour pizza special from 3-6 is enough to go back any day. The pizzas were fantastic. So good I took several home to my family. Very authentic artisan pizza crust and unique toppings. The best pizza that I have found in Tulsa.

Other than that, the rest of the dinning room looks very comfortable and inviting. Our server really knew his stuff and was very nice. The view of the kitchen is very interesting, if you're into that sort of thing which I am. You can see everyone doing their thing and really getting after it.

I'm taking my wife their for our Valentine's dinner date. If the other entrees are as good as the pizza I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I can't wait to try the wine list out. Great looking prices, just like their menu.

http://olivetobistro.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org