A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:16:24 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1907 Boston townhouses  (Read 3596 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:59 pm »

I came across a listing for some presale condo townhouses being built at 19th and Boston and didn't see that anyone had posted them before.  Here's the listing: http://www.trulia.com/property/1054671151-1907-S-Boston-Ave-Tulsa-OK-74119

Couldn't find a homepage, and the drawings are all skewed.  It would be a really cool place to live and have a roof deck, though, walking distance to the 18th and Boston district and adjacent to Boulder Park and the river.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:58 pm »

That is an exciting area that has loads of potential.  I wouldn't be surprised if the SoBo/Uptown area becomes just as popular as Brookside and Cherry Street are now for the younger crowd.  More dense developments like these will only make that interesting area of Tulsa sandwiched in between downtown, midtown, and the river even better.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:35:01 pm »

Hopefully the "streets package" upgrades 18th & Boston.  It is a nice area with potential, but the infrastructure looks like Yugoslavia.  There are quite a few redevelopment opportunity land parcels (many of them currently parking lots) within a few blocks of 18th & Boston.  I also noticed recently the Oral Roberts building got fenced up.  Wonder if there is some activity going on there?

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:42:27 pm »

dont hold your breath, they were supposed to start building in march...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:56:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

Exactly--it's a presale listing.  I imagine they'd need to have options in place on 60% of their units before financing comes through.  Subprime crisis royally screwed a lot of developers who had been depending on easy money.  

But success/failure of this project aside, the 18th and Boston area is definitely ripe for residential infill.  I love the relaxed urban feel of that corner, plus the adjacent parks and trails.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:30:50 pm »

Just south of the 18th and Boston area there were some developments planned, what is the status of those?  I believe a bank and a midrise condo building were slated for the southside of 21st near Boulder and Boston.

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:35:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

Exactly--it's a presale listing.  I imagine they'd need to have options in place on 60% of their units before financing comes through.  Subprime crisis royally screwed a lot of developers who had been depending on easy money.  

But success/failure of this project aside, the 18th and Boston area is definitely ripe for residential infill.  I love the relaxed urban feel of that corner, plus the adjacent parks and trails.

i agree about south boston...
just wanted everyone to realize that it is a presale that was supposed to be completed by july and it is still not even started...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
cdowni
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:54:57 pm »

is that on the east or west side of the street? i'm hoping it's on the west, because i think there is less density on that side of the street, if i'm not mistaken.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:28:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cdowni

is that on the east or west side of the street? i'm hoping it's on the west, because i think there is less density on that side of the street, if i'm not mistaken.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be the east side of the street -- odd numbered addresses, east; even numbered, west.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org