A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:44:12 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 120 new Brady District Lofts + retail  (Read 71592 times)
we vs us
City Father

« on: June 18, 2008, 02:27:18 pm »

Posted in full from TulsaBusiness.com, because I think it's subscription only:

quote:
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
TBJ Article  

Partnership to Build Lofts, Retail in Brady District

Tulsa Business Staff
6/18/2008

The 120 Development Group LLC has announced they will build 120 Brady Village, a mixed-use project in the Brady District in downtown Tulsa.

The project, located on a 42,000-SF site West of Elgin Avenue, between Archer and Brady Streets, will be located directly across Elgin Avenue from the planned $30 million Brownstone project currently being developed by Rueben Gant and the Greenwood Community Development Corp.

120 Development Group, a partnership between Novus Homes LLC and W3 Development LLC will build 18,000 SF of commercial space with the project. The space, which will be located on the first floor of the development, will include on-street parking, direct sidewalk access, patio areas, and landscaping. The commercial space will be known as The Shoppes @ 120.

Also included in the project is The Lofts @ 120, which is to include 40 high-end, New York style, residential loft units with sizes ranging from 1100 to 2400 SF.

Each loft residence will feature an energy efficient design, 10-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, exposed HVAC ductwork, stainless steel appliances, hardwood or stained concrete floors, custom baths, custom cabinets, granite countertops, and open floor plans.

According to the developer, loft owners will have access to a secured lobby, private covered parking, elevator service, community room, and a 24-hour fitness center.

The project exterior elevation will complement the existing area architecture and preserve the rich heritage and industrial warehouse style already present in the Brady District. GH2 Architects LLC will design the project, which is expected to be complete by late 2010.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:34:51 pm »

Heh, at first I thought they were building 120 new lofts, they might have trouble filling that up.

I'm curious to see how Tulsans respond to new denser infill.  I'm all for it, just anxious to see how quickly it sells out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:35:18 pm »

The developer came to one of the DowntownLIVE meetings, and left me rather impressed.  I like the rendering, and, if the Drillers locate in Brady, it will be directly across the street.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:35:07 pm »

call me when they break-ground...

"the planned $30 million Brownstone project currently being developed by Rueben Gant and the Greenwood Community Development Corp."

PLANNED being the operative word...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:36:53 pm by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:39:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

+1

It looks like just the kind of project that I want to see downtown.  Not a pie the the sky grand scheme, but something simple that will contribute immensely.   A few developments like this (or if the greenwood thing goes down) and you have a new area.

BUT, if following development in Tulsa has taught me anything - it's don't get your hopes up until ground is at least broken.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:48:08 pm »

quote:

"the planned $30 million Brownstone project currently being developed by Rueben Gant and the Greenwood Community Development Corp."

Uh, read between the lines . . .

Should actualy read, "will be located directly across Elgin Avenue from the planned $70 million new home of the Tulsa Drillers."

Makes it seems slightly more likely.  Unless somebody comes up with a grander use of this adjacent space.  And assuming the ballpark goes through.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:59:08 pm »

Now we are talking. If this, the ballpark, the hotel, museum, artist lofts,,,  go through, we will finally have the critical mass we need in that area for it to really take off and keep growing.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:02:21 pm »

I'd be interested in living there, hope this actually happens!

FOTD
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:05:10 pm »

I don't trust that rag

Besides, too close to the new ballgame.....and I think it's a diversionary tactic to sell the east end.....just a guess so no attacks.

BTW, never trust a rendering.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

quote:

Uh, read between the lines . . .

Should actualy read, "will be located directly across Elgin Avenue from the planned $70 million new home of the Tulsa Drillers."

Makes it seems slightly more likely.  Unless somebody comes up with a grander use of this adjacent space.  And assuming the ballpark goes through.

i did read between the lines...

if these developers are talking about this project in the same breath as rueben's pipe dream, it leads me to believe that none of it will ever happen because either a) they are also delusional or b) they have no clue as to what is really afoot... now if it was the tbj's reference then that is a different story...

dont get me wrong, i'd love to see it but i'm tired of pretty pictures with no real development...

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:54 am »

What will happen first?
¿The Tribune loft expansion, or this?
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 07:18:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

What will happen first?
¿The Tribune loft expansion, or this?

yeah, exactly.
neither.
the tribune lofts expansion is dead.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 07:44:44 am »

NO need to be negative on it Brunno... just remain reserved.  I really HOPE it happens.  It looks like the infill I would want in the area if allowed to design it myself.  BUT, I remain reserved.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 08:16:30 am »

Did anyone ever, seriously think the Tribune Lofts expansion was going to happen? Its absurd. I wouldnt live in the Tribune Lofts if you paid me.  This is in a much better location, and is a better design.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

NO need to be negative on it Brunno... just remain reserved.  I really HOPE it happens.  It looks like the infill I would want in the area if allowed to design it myself.  BUT, I remain reserved.

sorry, it is just a reflex now...

i've learned that an idea i like = never gonna happen...

so yeah, i'm a pessimist about t-town development...
pretty pictures and great ideas piss me off...

like i said, call me when the shovels are in the dirt...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org