A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:38:58 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (rumor) Fuel to drastically increase tonight  (Read 5437 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: June 06, 2008, 03:03:32 pm »

A little birdie just told me that fuel prices are set to skyrocket over night on the news that oil had a record increase (the record rise in oil prices was on the news that oil prices fell).  The oil increase really only gains back the dip from earlies in the week (which did not result in lower gas prices) plus a $4 (to 139.12).  So oil is 3% above it's previous record... so prices will rise 3% right?  Right!

Bah!  

This was partly to let you know to fill up tonight if you sweat the small stuff and partly to complain about fuel prices.  I know it is both preaching the choir and like peeing in the ocean (you agree, but it will do not good)... but now I've vented.

The rumor was diesel up 30 cents per gallon tomorrow.  If you drive something with a 15 gallon tank fill up tonight and use the extra $5 to go to happy hour.
- - -

PS.  It is interesting to note that every time oil goes up the dollar goes down.  Every non-dollar country therefor saves money on oil.  Our gift to the world.  [Wink]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »

Doesn't Tulsa already have the highest gas prices in the country? Part of the "Tulsa premium"?

Where is Friendly Bear when you need him?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:01 pm »

Glad I bought a motorcycle last week, that cut my fuel usage by about 2/3.  I intend to leave the truck parked as much as practical.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mrhaskellok
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:37 pm »

CF...SHHH!  You are giving away the Fed's secret.  Be a good little citizen and promote sending money to Africa.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 03:47:39 pm »

I heard oil closed at $140.00 a barrel.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:23 pm »

Tulsa is the third lowest city in the US in gas prices:

Wichita     3.654     
Des Moines    3.679    
Tulsa            3.698    
Oklahoma City    3.731    
Albuquerque    3.755    
Tucson      3.755    
Jackson    3.766    
Knoxville    3.783    
Columbia    3.795    
Memphis    3.795    

Again, this is not meant as a logical statement.  Just complaining because it sucks.  I paid $4.15 for premium in KC last weekend.  [xx(]

Gotta complain about something.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 04:50:19 pm »

From looking at CF's list, what determines the price of gasoline in a certain city?  It sure has nothing to do with proximity to refiners or distribution points.  I know that when I lived in Destin, FL, gas was always 5 cents higher than in Ft Walton Beach and it was only 5 miles separating the two.  The excuse given  was transportation.  Bull.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

From looking at CF's list, what determines the price of gasoline in a certain city?  It sure has nothing to do with proximity to refiners or distribution points.  I know that when I lived in Destin, FL, gas was always 5 cents higher than in Ft Walton Beach and it was only 5 miles separating the two.  The excuse given  was transportation.  Bull.

I know in Chicago (and in other places, like CA) there is a specific low-smog mix required by law.  So the local recipe will drive prices up, depending.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:33:18 pm »

The low smog mix you refer to is usually only from May 15 to September 1.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 08:34:13 am »

Guess you were right, QT in Sand Springs went up .12 last night.  THis morning, the little shop in Berryhill was still 2.69, so I filled my 1/2 empty tank.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:07:37 am »

Oil prices are expected to continue the upward advance Monday when the markets open. Oil could pass $150.00 a barrel by next weekend and $200.00 a barrel by Labor Day. With oil at $140.00 a barrel your not going to have cheap $4.00 a gallon gasoline. The oil prices jumped a whopping $11.00 in one day. that set a new record. get ready folks to shell out a ton of money whe ya  fuel up. It's bad and getting worse. We need to start drilling for our own oil.. Oh, and in Europe they are raising intrest rates on the Euro, so the dollar will fall some more against the Euro. Oil is priced in dollars.[B)]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org