A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painters  (Read 3955 times)
LisafromMN
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:52:22 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good house painter?
If you do know of one, why do you like them?
We are needing the exterior of our house painted and we're looking for names.

Thanks
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »

I can recommend a good mural artist...

Power is nothing till you use it.
LisafromMN
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:09:09 pm »

Sorry. I guess I should have specified house painter in the subject line.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 05:15:31 am »

Name: Amberco Paint
Owner: Rick Day
Phone: (918) 438-7425
roktrik4444@aol.com

Used them a few times personally and also used them as an apartment manager. Great work inside and out. Tell them Robert Town sent you.

Great rates last time I used the!!!

Thank you,
Robert Town
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:26:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by LisafromMN

Can anyone recommend a good house painter?
If you do know of one, why do you like them?
We are needing the exterior of our house painted and we're looking for names.

Thanks

Our new house was painted by Nunley painting.  It is a simmon's home and I think they have a contract with them.  As far as I can tell, they did a very good job, used quality Kelly Moore Paint and even left all the extra paint that was left over.  

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
NellieBly
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:02:30 am »

"even left all the extra paint that was left over."

Of course they left you the paint. They don't want to have to dispose of it. If you get your house painted, make your painter take the leftovers. Chances are slim you will ever need to touch it up. Keep a little (less than a gallon) just in case but don't let them leave you a 5 gallon bucket or more. It's goes bad after a few years, especially if kept in the garage and it freezes.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:31:39 am »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

Of course they left you the paint. They don't want to have to dispose of it. If you get your house painted, make your painter take the leftovers. Chances are slim you will ever need to touch it up. Keep a little (less than a gallon) just in case but don't let them leave you a 5 gallon bucket or more. It's goes bad after a few years, especially if kept in the garage and it freezes.

Look it's Negativenelliebly.....Now back on topic...

Give Pim Pam Painting a call....

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

believe it or not I have actually used it several times to touch up spots on the interior since the walls are somewhat textured.  I have also used the trim color to touch up a few spots and also on a few other areas.  It has actually come in very handy, and we have only lived in the house since Feb 2nd.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
safetyguy
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:23:50 am »

Just be ready to get the paint color changed after a year or more because everything starts to yellow. I took a door into Kelly Moore and they matched the paint perfectly.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Just be ready to get the paint color changed after a year or more because everything starts to yellow. I took a door into Kelly Moore and they matched the paint perfectly.

maybe I am confused, but why would a beige color start to turn yellow after 1yr and very minimal sunlight in the house??

"You cant solve Stupid." 
safetyguy
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:45:21 am »

We touched up our white trim and it stuck out like a sore thumb because of the yellowing (no we are not smokers)Once we had the yelow tinge added to the paint it was fine.

We didn't have anything done to our wall color.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 02:04:03 pm »

We had problems with Ceramic Coatings of Oklahoma, who demanded (and foolishly got) pay before we realized they had left a lot of things unfinished.
Overspray was a big problem with them, too.  Not just on the house but vehicles.

Now it also appears every window is painted shut...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:28:56 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org