A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:28 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2.99 gas and diesel?  (Read 14447 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut
Chrysler use-to have a real good engine back then called the 225 slant six they say it could run & run for tons of miles, however It did have a flaw in that sometimes the #5 cylinder rod would crash thru the block. They also say Fords 300 Straight six is a good engine, but I had one of those and I had alot of trouble with mine on a old 1981 pick-up truck, everything from vacuum leaks at the intake gasket to worn cam shaft lobes and low cylinger compression and oil leaks.

The 300 was a good engine, but by 1981 it was so choked with emissions equipment it barely put out enough power to move its own weight.  That was likely where the vacuum leaks came from.  My dad had an 83 F100 that had many of the same problems.  He ended up plugging off a bunch of stuff and it ran a lot better.  The "good" 300s were built in the 60s and early to mid 70s.
OUGrad05
Civic Leader

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dggriffi

quote:

E85, of course, is actual ethanol fuel, which "Flex fuel" cars can use.  It has 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.  Odd that it still requires 15% gasoline to function, if ethanol is supposedly such a good source of energy isn't it?

And if you think E10 gets bad performance, it is nothing compared to E85.

E85 is for "flex-fuel"  vehicles,  which have always ran poorly on ethanol.  Its just an intermediate step between gasoline and ethanol.

All ethanol vehicles get better performance and millage than all gasoline engines.

Dunno where you're getting your info but ethanol contains less BTU's per volume than gasoline.  it is a less efficient fuel and biomass and switchgrass are the only good ways to get ethanol.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org