A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:41:49 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1Mil for Turkey Mountain trailhead improvements  (Read 7096 times)
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 03:05:34 pm »

Supposedly there are caves near the base of Turkey near the tracks/river but I've never been able to find them.  Has anyone ever seen these caves?  There also said to be runes or inscriptions in the rock made by "pre-Columbian travelers" i.e. Vikings but more likely hobos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_Mountain_inscriptions

In the winter you can see them from Riverside.  Not really caves more of a series of deep overhangs but they are near the wastewater treatment plant. 

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 05:47:31 pm »

I'm glad the image and reputation of Turkey Mountain is changing to one of a serious recreational spot instead of a gay cruising outpost.  It truly is one of the better gems in the Tulsa area for hiking, biking, sight-seeing, wildlife watching, etc.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org