A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:35:32 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip Milk  (Read 7298 times)
sportyart
« on: June 20, 2007, 06:55:24 pm »

I just had to show this.....

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:55:51 pm »

Cow's milk or did they milk a ... nevermind.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:00:57 am »

Did they have any hetero milk?  

I don't want to catch the gay. [Tongue]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 08:54:09 am »

Would it make me bi if I bought the homo milk?  Bi-curious if I picked up a carton and looked at it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:08:23 am »

Some things never change.  We used to make wise cracks about that milk labeling 45 years ago when I was a kid back in the 1960s.

I think we all know that homo is just a shortening of homogenized, meaning the fat particles have been evenly distributed so they do not separate.  I wonder why the marketers continue to use that label, given the dumb jokes that people have made about it for so many years.
T Badd
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:16:59 am »

Yeah, I can remember making fun of the Homo ads for milk back in the '70s too. I thought homogenization just meant that milk from lots of different cows were combined before pastuerization. I guess they figured that after all this time, we'd stop snickering at the labeling. They were wrong.

BTW...QT milk is terrible. I barely get it home before it goes sour, regardless of how much I searched for that later "best by" date. Walmart's milk (GV brand and Bordon both) is no better. Braum's milk, on the other hand, kicks much donkey and is always fine up to and even past the date stamped on it. Tastes a whole lot better too.
grahambino
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:22 am »

This is obviously an attempt to indoctrinate us with a subversive pro-'homo' agenda!
Theyve gone as far as to insert this 'homo' milk into ice cream...children's ice cream, mandrake!
Steve
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by T Badd

Yeah, I can remember making fun of the Homo ads for milk back in the '70s too. I thought homogenization just meant that milk from lots of different cows were combined before pastuerization. I guess they figured that after all this time, we'd stop snickering at the labeling. They were wrong.

Homogenization means the milk has been processed so the fat particles are evenly distributed throughout, and the cream does not separate and rise to the top.  I can remember when some of my neighbors in Tulsa still had milk/dairy/egg delivery to their homes as recently as about 1970 (Page, Glencliff, Meadow Gold dairies).  They had an insulated metal chest on the front porch and the milkman would leave the products in the chest, milk in glass bottles that was not homogenized; the cream would rise to the top and you would pour that off and use it for cooking or for coffee.  Raw milk sales are legal in Oklahoma at special licensed dairies, unhomogenized / nonpasteurized dairy.  I wouldn't have any problem with unhomogenized dairy, but personally I wouldn't want to risk drinking nonpasteurized milk.

I don't think I have ever purchased milk at a QuikTrip.  I have bought milk at Braums once or twice, but frankly I don't understand the big preference some people have for Braums milk.  I usually buy Borden or Highland brand at Reasors grocery.  I find that the Reasors store brand milk tastes fine but goes sour too fast.  I rarely have the "going sour" problem with Borden Viva or Highland milk.  I am single with no kids, so I never buy milk in anything larger that 1/2 gallon, and like everyone else, I paw through and dig to the back of the milk display, looking for the jug with the latest "sell by date!"
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:37:49 am »

My parents (in Iowa) have gotten "raw milk" from a family farm from time to time (separated but not pasteurized nor homogenized).  It does taste better, but you risk getting a sour batch, so usually they buy the pasteurized milk available from the same farm.  It still tastes way better than most milk...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »

Since the title is Quik-Trip milk...I thought I would say this...

I love Quik-Trip...shop there for many years sometimes many times a day, but they need to learn the price of skim milk.

They have different prices on whole, 2% and skim. Skim is the cheapest and I buy a gallon of it from Quik-Trips all over Tulsa (three times a week on average) and I get charged the higher price about half the time. The clerks always are annoyed when I bring up the right price.

I have even started saying the words "skim" and the correct price before they start to ring it up. They don't listen and just charge me extra until I complain.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sportyart
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 05:55:23 pm »

Sorry, but since I did not grow up in the 60’s or 70’s then I guess I missed out on the joke until now.  I have seen most companies just put “Whole Milk” and then the price on it the product so thought it to be funny to my young whippersnapper eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org