A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:02:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S & P Downgraded U.S.  (Read 15320 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:08 pm »

Yeah, well, it is extremely disingenuous of her to come forward at this ridiculously late date and start making all these "oh so sincere and intense" protestations.  Where the hell was she in 2001??  Or 1981 for that matter?  Or 1969, when Nixon was doing his thing?  Oh, yeah...she wasn't alive then!  And has no sense or knowledge of history now!

It's all just a bunch of blah blah blah blah blah blah....

According to this link she is 42, although I don't know how accurate that is. My guess is she may be a bit older.

http://www.nicolewilliams.com/community/living-the-dream-amilya-antonetti

So in 2001, that would make her 32 (or a bit older) and running Soapworks. In 1981, she would have been about 12. Next dumb@ssed question.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

LOL, it's not about the website or the filings per se, it's that I don't believe much of her story beyond the fact that The SoapWorks, Inc. once existed and, by her own admission, didn't make much in the way of profit. I guess it just takes more to impress me than it does you. And yeah, I consider it a sign of disorganization when a person is chronically under threat of having their company dissolved because they can't be arsed to do 10 minutes worth of paperwork each year.

If I had wanted to get terribly nitpicky, I would have pointed out that she isn't in fact the CEO of AMA Productions. She's the President. Wink

FWIW, I did finally get California's idiotic website to bring up SoapWorks. It was registered there prior to moving to Arizona, it turns out.

Still running away from your idiotic "PR hack" crap. You suck. Moving on.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 05:58:10 pm »

Oh, too bad. My (former) 1099 contractors will be sad to learn they don't count.  Tongue

Guido, I stand by my PR hack assessment.

Anyway, back to the topic instead of Mrs. Soap and myself: Why are Treasury yields way down and the stock market in the tank if the problem is Obama? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Even skyrocketing yields and a tanking stock market would make sense if the Government's balance sheet is the problem.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2011, 06:26:26 pm »

Still running away from your idiotic "PR hack" crap. You suck. Moving on.

Wow, awesome retort...I can pair you up with my 7 year old nephew if you need pointers.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »

Gas, get ready for the "I hired a neighborhood kid to mow my lawn" or "I hired an HVAC guy to fix my air conditioner" as  contractors he employed.

Close. It's going to be "My boss had me hire a dry-wall guy once, and we hire people to paint and carpet all the time."

But that's Ok.  We can leave him alone now.  He has proven his, and our points from their respective vantage points. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »

According to this link she is 42, although I don't know how accurate that is. My guess is she may be a bit older.

http://www.nicolewilliams.com/community/living-the-dream-amilya-antonetti

So in 2001, that would make her 32 (or a bit older) and running Soapworks. In 1981, she would have been about 12. Next dumb@ssed question.

Ahhh....poor little guido....got his panties in a wad 'cause he is always so wrong....

As always, completely missing the point.  At ANY point during the last 10 years, she could...and SHOULD have come forward and said something.  This type of thing is something that should have been complained about continuously without end.  But then, that doesn't play to the audience by the script, does it?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:12 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmfHESTOpY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

See you and raise you:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlOnOtwPKo[/youtube]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »

Hey, Gassy! You know Warren Buffett also agrees with your sig. Wink

Of course, he may just be hurt by being downgraded himself..

Edited to add: I'd still like to know why it is investors are flocking to US Government debt and away from equity in private companies if the public sector is the problem. I thought the invisible hand of the free market knows all?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:49:00 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:40 pm »

Let's see, what do ESS and PEA stand for?

They, in their stupidity, waited until now? Why didn't they do it when the GOP/Teabaggers were doing their extortion? THAT would have sent the stupid congress people a warning. Instead, we get put in a downward spiral by a rating agency that missed rating all derivatives in the Bush era.

The problem is the real economy. We need to grow out of this mess and increase tax RECEIPTS. QE3 won't do much....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1NagON189g&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
 Geeebuss....
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:08 am »

You running down this woman too Sheen? I guess a woman being a CEO doesn't amount to much.

Bahahahaha
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2011, 09:56:41 am »

David Frum says:

The bond market has reacted to the S&P downgrade of US debt with a big rally in US Treasuries. As I write, the US government can borrow money for 10 years at about 2.3% and for 2 years at under one quarter of a point. The market wants to buy, buy, buy US debt.

What the market wants to sell are stocks:  ie, claims on the future earnings of private-sector companies.

Bloomberg has quite the hit piece out on S&P:

Standard & Poor’s, the rating company that downgraded the debt of the United States to AA+ from AAA for the first time, now finds itself assailed by investors led by billionaire Warren Buffett for making a political decision that has more to do with Tea Party politics than the financial stability of the U.S.
The debate will continue, said Litan. “Our politics were dysfunctional before this and I think they’ll be even more dysfunctional now,” the former Treasury consultant said. “Anything that’s a gift to the Tea Party makes it even less likely that we’ll get compromise.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-08/s-p-seen-surrendering-to-tea-party-at-expense-of-u-s-taxpayer.html

Speculation is that S&P downgraded as a hedge against their own reputation being completely destroyed in another big AAA meltdown, not because it's the right rating.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2011, 10:27:35 am »

That's a very clear-eyed description by Mr. Frum.  He's one of those guys, like Christie, whom I disagree strongly with but appreciate the fact that we seem to inhabit the same factual universe.  Maybe I'm just nostalgic, though, for the old lineGOP.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:49 am »

More fun:

http://www.observer.com/2011/08/airplane-flying-banner-by-s-p-offices-thanks-for-the-downgrade-you-should-all-be-fired/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2011, 11:13:45 am »

Let's just hope some lone nut-job doesn't see fit to try and fly his plane into the offices of S & P

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »

Not as good as Hitler's take, well maybe it is.  John Stewart as usual is funny and on the mark.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mad-as-hell-dylan-ratigan-goes-on-epic-rant-over-trillions-extracted-from-u-s/

Trust but verify
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org