A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:24:08 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Channel 6 News Helicopter crashes  (Read 8399 times)
Chris
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 07:02:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

If they are good at their jobs, the camera was rolling and the reporter was giving a play by play..."We're spinning, the pilot's trying to regain control, he just yelled to 'hold on'...I've just crapped my pants.  I'll tell you how bad at 10."

Hilarious!![Cheesy]
tytan
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 01:01:26 pm »

Wow! I`m sure the entertainment value of this thread is warranted. My buddies were indeed very lucky the other day. We all make some sort of mistake while we work or play throughout the day, but these guys could have easily been killed. For a community that reaches out to help anyone in need and then spend the time at bars or online to make fun of them makes a lot of hyrocrites in this city. Which one are you? I work for the station and we are buying a new helicopter and the sat truck is being repaired now, but you can`t replace a father of three young girls and a newly wed husband and my good friends. I`m angry at the reaction you all display, but I will look at things differently from this day forward and accept the lovely people of Tulsa as fakes and never be trusting of those I meet in the community who are trying claiming to represent a city that cares. Forget the chopper and think of the people involved before trying to be witty on your keyboard. Have a good day.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 01:08:33 pm »

Relax Tytan.  Feeling without sin today?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 01:15:48 pm »

Had anyone been badly injured or killed there would be no humor. If you can stand behind a camera and try to make the rest of us find "hey what's the deal" funny then we can make light of this event. It could've been unfortunate but the simple point of fact is that it wasn't.
inteller
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 01:35:35 pm »

I heard they were filming a promo commercial.  Probably for some of their overdramatic weather advertising.

Boy what I'd give to see that footage get on youtube.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 01:40:19 pm »

Point is, everyone was reported as being okay before anyone made light of it.

Show respect for the dead.

Laugh in the face of danger when everyone survives.

"Lighten up, Francis"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
In_Tulsa
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 02:25:56 pm »

maybe the new one will be 360 in HD
tytan
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 03:11:16 pm »

Our pilot has several injuries. Dude has over 25 staples in his head and his legs and hip is screwed up. I haven`t heard that he was in the clear yet. He`ll recover, but we don`t know to what degree. The deal is: We cover alot of different types of news in the community and we don`t take any subject matter jokingly. Not even the feature peices. I don`t make light of any of the accidents,shootings or any other news story because I know that story has an affect on someones life.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 03:35:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tytan

Our pilot has several injuries. Dude has over 25 staples in his head and his legs and hip is screwed up. I haven`t heard that he was in the clear yet. He`ll recover, but we don`t know to what degree. The deal is: We cover alot of different types of news in the community and we don`t take any subject matter jokingly. Not even the feature peices. I don`t make light of any of the accidents,shootings or any other news story because I know that story has an affect on someones life.

It's just life Tytan.  If you can't take it lightly then it becomes a slow travel towards a dark and lonely end.

Even the people who've been subjects in your news stories have made it lighter by doing what we do.

See what your news director will say when you ask him to not start all news with the "if it bleeds, it leads" credo.  Talk about good things that matter and change lives.  Otherwise your company and others like it are making money off of other's pain and suffering.

Including the story about your pilot.  It was all over your station as a teaser.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 03:43:57 pm »

^^ +1

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tytan
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 03:58:03 pm »

I know, I know....I keep thinking I was just talking to the pilot and we were talking about me flying out for a story.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 04:07:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tytan

I know, I know....I keep thinking I was just talking to the pilot and we were talking about me flying out for a story.

Sorry for your friends.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 08:16:41 pm »

Yeah, we mean nothing bad or cruel by our comments. Your description of the injuries sound worse than the report from your own station.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org