A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:00:39 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok lets try again  (Read 3152 times)
dggriffi
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:29 am »

i got in trouble for this yesterday due to a combination of me being new and draconian moderation so let me try again.

Does any know if there is some kind of treasure hunt coming up for tulsa.   I havent heard anything but the rooster days one was cool.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:14:35 am »

Profile: "whoever deleted my post is a retard!"

Nice.  I'm sure that will go over well with the Draconian Mods.

We have had several new posters just show up to promote themselves and their websites (specifically some guys pimping Toyota websites for some reason and saying nothing about Tulsa).  TulsaNow enjoys a great rating on Google and I imagine they don't want to see that become a liability to attract spammers - even spammers in disguise.  I'm guessing they saw you showed up and posting nothing of substance but pimping some website.

If that's not the case, move on and join in the talks.  I've never had a link deleted so I imagine you will not have any problems.

/sry mods if you think I'm doing your job.  Trying to explain what happened, if I'm wrong feel free to delete.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dggriffi
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:30:59 am »

well,  as i said,  it was a combo of both my newness and the draconian nature. it just so happens that i found this site in my search for people who might know.  It wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't been rude about it.  

Its not a big deal overall.  im not new to the internet so i know the types you run into.  

Thanks anyway and hopefully your post wont get deleted Wink

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:16:32 pm »

I know there is a lot of geocaching, but there isn't really a big prize at the end of that.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 02:45:10 pm »

Well, if you aren't new to the internet then you would know it's generally considered obnoxious to sign on to an established forum, make your own rules, and lambaste those who make the forum available to you and safe for others by moderating and deleting questionable links.

You still sound like a self-promoter to me.  I hope I'm wrong and you will be a contributing member of this community.  Otherwise, I'm sure the draconian mod squad will show you the door.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dggriffi
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 03:36:52 pm »

huh,  im sure this wont be the first time youve been wrong.
dggriffi
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:49 pm »

quote:
I know there is a lot of geocaching, but there isn't really a big prize at the end of that.

Geocaching is cool.  I have a friend who does that around turkey mountain.  ive been wanting to get into it but i just cant seem to justify the purchase of a GPS.  

i know BA did an egg hunt that was cool but i missed that.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 04:14:50 pm »

Well crap, my friend has a GPS thing he never uses and I love to go hiking... I should do that.  I remember reading about it a few years ago and thinking it was really cool - but then GPS units were too expensive.  Woot!

What type of hunt were you thinking of?  If you're worried about getting mod squaded PM me whatever it is you really want to talk about.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dggriffi
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:28 pm »

The mod thing really isnt important. i was more upset about the method than the act but at this point i feel like a broken record so i think ill just move forward.

Im not really sure whats going on with the web page.  I was just curious if anyone else had seen or heard anything about it.  I did a treasure hunt a while back where i bought a book and it had puzzles in it that lead to prizes.   I cant really remember the name of it but it was fun.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 04:37:59 pm »

I was a hair away from demanding a GPS for Xmas so I could get on the geocache train.  Outdoorsy and Geeky - sounds like a good fit for me.  I was looking at one of these: http://www.gps-planet.com/gaetvihcxhag.html

but, I may just go with an El Cheapo that I can use as a lender if I get hip to it and upgrade later.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
dggriffi
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 04:48:54 pm »

im getting dang close to getting one myself.
dggriffi
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 02:50:50 pm »

old topic rehash.   I see that the people at voice of tulsa(far inferior to tulsanow of course)  have made some headway on this nebulous website(tulsatreasurehunt.com)    

http://voicesoftulsa.com/viewtopic.php?t=1171

Is anyone here cracked this already or know what it is?
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dggriffi

old topic rehash.   I see that the people at voice of tulsa(far inferior to tulsanow of course)  have made some headway on this nebulous website(tulsatreasurehunt.com)    

the anagram was easy... i should have checked the vot link first, i'd have saved myself five minutes...

no clue on the next page...
although, the golden driller pic's property info is a 918 phone number...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 03:27:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

quote:
Originally posted by dggriffi

the anagram was easy... i should have checked the vot link first, i'd have saved myself five minutes...

no clue on the next page...
although, the golden driller pic's property info is a 918 phone number...

The phone number is for Douglas Griffin, also known as 'dggriffi' on this forum. Just if you were curious.

---Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org