A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:59:08 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 48203 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »

Did he ever fix the name Prhyme or did he run with that?

So much for using that as my rap name.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:20 pm »

So much for using that as my rap name.

You can make another one!

http://www.myrapname.com/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:10 am »

I may hit it this weekend if the wife wants to.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 08:44:17 am »

Collie Tee Mugshot Jam a.k.a. Diggy Ritz

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »

My wife and I have not been to Prhyme yet, but two different couples we know have been. Both have reported back that it is overpriced and underwhelming. We will probably still try it, but it sounds like one of those places we will go once if we aren't blown away.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Puff Scotty S Tripp
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

I drank at Delks probably once a week.  Ate there rarely.  Lunch crowd was thin.  After dinner drink crowd as fairly good. I will miss it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:48 am »

An investor in Prhyme tells me the cheaper steaks are better than the more expensive steaks.  The feedback from patrons has been the same.  Goes to show, don't always order the most expensive thing on the menu.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:24 am »

An investor in Prhyme tells me the cheaper steaks are better than the more expensive steaks.  The feedback from patrons has been the same.  Goes to show, don't always order the most expensive thing on the menu.

Sounds like a good investor...not sure if I would be spreading that around..
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:43 am »

I drank at Delks probably once a week.  Ate there rarely.  Lunch crowd was thin.  After dinner drink crowd as fairly good. I will miss it.

Too bad. Wonder what killed it? Was it the early problem with the food? Ever changing staff? Bad signage?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 10:55:11 am »

Too bad. Wonder what killed it? Was it the early problem with the food? Ever changing staff? Bad signage?

I knew it was there, was going to go in and walked by the door more than once.

The food got better?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 11:02:42 am »

Yes, the food had greatly improved because they weren't trying to make things that the kitchen could not handle. I had a Tuna TarTar and a mushroom pizza that were very tasty.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 11:06:51 am »

too many eateries and too few mouths....predicted this too
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 11:19:28 am »

too many eateries and too few mouths....predicted this too

Oh, then why are Atlas Grill, Elote, The Vault etcetera still doing well? Why does JJ Sandwiches want to open in the Thompson Building?

You just hate downtown. You either have some personal greivance against it or you want it to fail bacause it will help you personally along with your development plans and for some reason you also dislike our heritage neighborhoods. Go build a bland restaurant or a big box in south Tulsa, why not?

I blame the owners...they knew nothing about the restaurant business and thought all they had to do was build a bar and fill it up with Restoration Hardware lighting.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:12 am »

No, it's a question everyone should be asking.  Its basic market forces.  In a crowded market you have to provide a top notch product.  Delk's nailed the decor, but failed at food and in my experience service.  If you don't hit all three you don't stay in a crowded market.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org