A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:27:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 250063 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2011, 03:53:05 pm »

It's great to see dirt being moved at this site.  One less large surface parking lot in downtown.

Yup.  Now us Southies are going to be even more vexed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2011, 12:35:07 pm »

There is a nice rendering of the NW Mutual building on the TW site but I can't copy/paste the link.  It will be five stories with retail/restaurant space fronting Denver and 2nd.  There is also retail space fronting 2nd in the Cimarex Tower with the lobby's main entrance at 2nd & Cheyenne; the entrance to the 7 level parking garage is off Cheyenne.  The two office buildings will share walls and connect to each other so 2nd will have an uninterrupted street wall.  The 2nd St streetscape will be extended in this area.

The second phase of construction will begin next summer when they start the mixed-use building at 3rd & Denver and the hotel at 3rd & Cheyenne.  There will be an interior courtyard, from what I've heard, with a pool that will be shared between the apartments and hotel.  Restaurant space at the corner of 3rd & Denver.  Large hotel lobby and coffee shop likely at the corner of 3rd & Cheyenne.

Awesome project for downtown.  That and the Aloft will really improve the area around the BOK Center.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2011, 02:01:04 pm »

Was the Northwest Mutual buidling always going to be 5 stories?  For some reason, I thought it was originally going to be 4.  Either way, I agree the rendering looks good and will make for a dramatic improvement to area.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:22 pm »

Here is the rendering.  Cimarex is to the east and the mixed-use residential is to the south.  As far as I know they haven't released any new renderings for the Cimarex Tower yet.  I've been told by a reliable source that it will be 230 ft. tall, nearly the same height as the Mayo Hotel. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:13:57 pm by SXSW » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2011, 06:31:45 pm »

I really like that rendering, but I really want to know what that tower will look like.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »

Here is the rendering.  Cimarex is to the east and the mixed-use residential is to the south.  As far as I know they haven't released any new renderings for the Cimarex Tower yet.  I've been told by a reliable source that it will be 230 ft. tall, nearly the same height as the Mayo Hotel.  

Nice render. Clean contemporary lines.  Hoping there are more ground level, fenestration/doors, though versus just one main entrance.  Especially if they are saying its going to be mixed use retail on the ground level.  Makes for a more lively streetscape.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
g20music
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2011, 11:50:51 am »

The design is "OK", was expecting something more urban, they could have done better. Looks like something from the early 80's. Check out new renderings:

http://www.milesassociates.com/projects-details.aspx?projectid=37&ontheboards=1

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:06:38 pm by g20music » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:02 pm »

I don't think it's bad but more glass would make it look more contemporary.  It is too bad the NW Mutual building isn't taller to match the Cimarex Tower's parking garage.  I'm interested to see what the mixed-use apartments and hotel (the next two phases) will look like along 3rd..

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:00 pm »

The design is "OK", was expecting something more urban, they could have done better. Looks like something from the early 80's. Check out new renderings:

http://www.milesassociates.com/projects-details.aspx?projectid=37&ontheboards=1

Looks like a Hospital
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:40 pm »

Does the 5-story parking garage limit what they can do, stylistically?

Also, this appears to show no street entrances along the entire length of 3rd, although there are some windows.  Does the slope of 3rd St. make it difficult to have retail fronting this area?  
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2011, 12:27:15 pm »

Looks like a Hospital

Miles + Associates designs a lot of hospitals.  Something like Children's Hospital in OKC looks better though IMO because of the extensive use of curtain walls.  Definitely glad this isn't a signature skyscraper but more of a filler building that will house a growing energy company (who could've moved out of downtown).

I think the area along 2nd will be the lobby with the main entrance at the corner and "retail" space along Cheyenne.  The majority of the "retail" space in this development will likely be along 3rd and along Denver.  A friend in OKC was telling me recently that Mickey Mantles steakhouse (in Bricktown) is looking at possibly opening a second location at One Place.  I don't know if it would be in the office part or in the mixed-use/hotel..

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »

The remainder of the slides make the building look more attractive.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »

Reminds me of St Johns.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:44:16 pm by Weatherdemon » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »

^Yep, teeny windows.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2011, 01:51:40 pm »

Just barely, if at all. +1 on the similarities between this building and hospitals. Also, let's talk about the wall lining Second St. some more... Some windows but no entrances? That entire block now has the grand possibility of becoming just like the rest of Second Street all the way to the Blue Dome: barren, with lots of blank concrete walls and the occasional parking garage entrance. If we are going to get serious about connecting all our disparate downtown districts, we need Second Street to be more than just a concrete wall. It needs to be engaging and encourage to pedestrians to keep walking instead of running to their cars.

This building has an opportunity to create a more lively, pedestrian-friendly Second Street. Let's not squander the chance we have.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org