A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:41:45 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Areas that do have power...12-11-07  (Read 10327 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 11:44:07 am »

Here is the link to the most current power map.

The green areas have power as of yesterday at 3pm...

http://www.psoklahoma.com/news/storm/docs/TulsaIceStormRecovery%20_12_13_08_1500.pdf

I am not a defender of the restoring power decision-makers, but the richest still don't have power, but now I do.

I am powerful!

Power is nothing till you use it.
breitee
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 12:51:30 pm »

Who in the world drew this map? A first grader?
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 01:43:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

Parts of Renaissance are up, just not my parts.

Also, TU is now fully restored.

Good to hear about Renaissance. Any idea if the Blair right down the street from you is back up? I can't wait to get back home....it's been a long week.
cks511
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007, 03:35:44 pm »

Lincoln Park is up.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 05:42:27 pm »

The Blair is up too!
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 07:21:53 pm »

I can attest that Atlanta Pl. in Renaissance is now powered! Yay!

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 01:26:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by T-Town Now

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael
Not true...

As of this morning the Mayor only had power from a generator. I don't know any newer information, but the President of PSO didn't have power either.

The spokeswoman (not sure if she was the president or PR or what) for PSO last night on KRMG said she had her powered restored but, ironically, her gas did not work.

I don't really get why some people are bitter at different areas (North Tulsa played the card right away).  It is a triage situation, do the most good as possible as fast as possible.  I really don't think they care WHERE the customers are at this point. Just getting the numbers back up and running.

/no power.  Only slightly bitter. [Wink]

I thought it was hilarious and pathetic at the same time last night to see Krazy Kathy looking krazier than normal with her hair all frazzled like she hadn't had a blowdryer in days.  

Listen, KK, you aren't fooling anyone with that disheveled look.  You could fly down to your house in florida, do your hair, and fly back and it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket to you. Please stop the "I feel your pain" crap

And please put on some makeup, you are scaring the children...the water still works last time I checked so you can wash your face.

I think Mayor Taylor has done a pretty good job through all of this. I shudder to think what would be happening if the former Mayor were still in office. [xx(]

Probably smoking a doobie with his old Cascia classmates. [Shocked)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2007, 01:34:58 am »

I live north of 15th on Gary Pl.  Got power back somewhere between 3 and 3:30.

I bought a 4000 watt Coleman generator about 15 years ago.  I loaned it to a friend to take to his deer stand around 5 years ago.  I've been through three power outages in almost three years, this has been the worst.  I was finally tired of being inconvenienced any longer.  He'd gotten his power back on, so there was no problem.

My boss encouraged me to run out to Collinsville to pick it up.  I got home with it, we shut off the main breaker, and hooked it up to the panel- worked like a charm.  I was out front cleaning up my tree debris when the power came on about 30 minutes after hooking up the generator!

Oh well, at least I've got it back and I got to test it and see how well it would run the house.

I'd borrowed a smaller generator earlier in the week just so I could run the heat for about an hour a day to keep the house from freezing up.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
safetyguy
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2007, 12:21:57 pm »

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost for the transfer switch to be installed? I am now planning on having it added to our panel in the near future.

I am familiar with the large generators for facilities, so I take it that the transfer switch at your home would be the same kind of thing. You just turn back to PSO once you see your neighbor has lights?

With a baby coming in a week and animals at home it will just be more convenient in the long run to have a generator. I will wait to the madness has ended on purchasing a generator.
Steve
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 01:05:05 pm »

My power at 26th Street & S. Yale went out at 4:24 AM on Monday; power returned at 9:05 AM on Friday.  My neighbors across the street are still dark as of 1:00 PM Saturday.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 02:48:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost for the transfer switch to be installed? I am now planning on having it added to our panel in the near future.

I am familiar with the large generators for facilities, so I take it that the transfer switch at your home would be the same kind of thing. You just turn back to PSO once you see your neighbor has lights?

With a baby coming in a week and animals at home it will just be more convenient in the long run to have a generator. I will wait to the madness has ended on purchasing a generator.

We shut off the main so it wouldn't back-feed up the line and wired into the bus bars directly.  Far as I know, all you have to do is cut the main and fire up your generator if you have some way you can put a tie in to your panel.

Couldn't tell you how much a transfer switch  would cost.  You don't really need one, just cut off your main breaker.  That's basically what a transfer switch would do.  Probably what you need is a NEMA 4 outlet wired in outside the house with a female 220V plug to the main panel.  If you lose power, shut off your main, plug in the genset and have at it.  There may well be something else according to code I'm not aware of.

Another thing people do is run a 220V cord to their dryer outlet, cut the main and back-feed through the house wiring.  I'm sure that's not code, but people will do all sorts of things in an emergency situation.

My recommendation to you, if you can swing $3000 plus installation is go with one of the natural gas-powered generators.  You would likely appreciate not having to re-fill the fuel tank every few hours.  I'd guess installation for that would be about $2000 to $3000.

I originally bought my generator to have portable power in the pits when I was still racing cars.  It's got a 1/2 gal tank which lasts about three hours.  Now that I have it back, I'm thinking about mounting a three or four gallon tank on it.

Another helpful idea is to have several coolers available for winter power outages.  Food will keep in a cooler outside for days so long as the air temp is staying below 40.  Keep frozen goods in a plastic tub if it's below freezing out.  Not having to run your refrigerator off a generator will save some amps for other household uses.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org