A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:21:09 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallin cuts top tax rate, says state revenue growth is enough.  (Read 113561 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2014, 11:11:03 am »

Ahhhh....Mary!!  Haven't heard anything inane, trivial, and trite today!  So good of you to correct that for us all....

As for gasoline, I have been filling up at $2.91 to $2.98 in many places between here and Oklahoma City.  And Dallas was even lower at about $3.12 last week when I got my friendly Ebola exposure....

I said the NATIONAL gasoline  average price- nation wide for gasoline is currently around $3.34 a gallon and it has not fell below the $3.00 a gallon mark since Obama came to power 6 years ago- yes in Oklahoma it's under $3.00 a gallon, but in other parts of the country it's still sky high thanks to Obama & the democrats. When Bush left office the going price for gasoline was $1.70 or so a gallon.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2014, 11:15:19 am »

Gasoline was also over $4.00 under Bush. Funny, you don't seem to remember that.

Please explain what a President has or can do about the price of gas.  
Yes- BUT  for only two weeks fuel spiked then it crashed and stayed low. With Obama and his war on oil, coal, and the Keystone pipeline gasoline prices skyrocketed and stayed there a full six years, Keroscene is is around $10.00 a gallon. Our electric bills are going up, up and away too as the EPA digs in it's heels for CO2 pollution. OK, You ask what a president can do- Lots, first open up all federal lands for drilling, open up off shore drilling, let's drill in the Alaska wildlife perserve, let's build  the Keystone Pipeline and I understand the Alaska Pipeline is running at half it's capacity due to the environmentalists, lets run that pipeline at full capacity.  BTW,  it's lucky we got the Alaska Pipeline built when we did because in  today's world  it never would have been built..  The Keystone pipeline would also make 50,000 jobs.. Doing simple things like that would drop the price of oil, oh yeah we could also  build more refineries and lift  EPA restrictions on  current refineries.  I'm tellin' ya!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:24:04 am by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:15 am »

I did not get to watch the debates but I understand that Dooland guy was talking about the need for more money for everything. Throwing money at the schools will fix them, throwing money at every problem will fix it. Yep, andother Tax & Spender, just what Oklahoma needs. Mary Fallin is expected to win a second term easy she has a good solid strong record to run on.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

I did not get to watch the debates but I understand that Dooland guy was talking about the need for more money for everything. Throwing money at the schools will fix them, throwing money at every problem will fix it. Yep, andother Tax & Spender, just what Oklahoma needs. Mary Fallin is expected to win a second term easy she has a good solid strong record to run on.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:59 am »

Yes- BUT  for only two weeks fuel spiked then it crashed and stayed low. With Obama and his war on oil, coal, and the Keystone pipeline gasoline prices skyrocketed and stayed there a full six years, Keroscene is is around $10.00 a gallon. Our electric bills are going up, up and away too as the EPA digs in it's heels for CO2 pollution. OK, You ask what a president can do- Lots, first open up all federal lands for drilling, open up off shore drilling, let's drill in the Alaska wildlife perserve, let's build  the Keystone Pipeline and I understand the Alaska Pipeline is running at half it's capacity due to the environmentalists, lets run that pipeline at full capacity.  BTW,  it's lucky we got the Alaska Pipeline built when we did because in  today's world  it never would have been built..  The Keystone pipeline would also make 50,000 jobs.. Doing simple things like that would drop the price of oil, oh yeah we could also  build more refineries and lift  EPA restrictions on  current refineries.  I'm tellin' ya!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2014, 11:48:55 am »

The Keystone pipeline would also make 50,000 jobs.

Not even close dummy. The Alaskan Pipeline did not create that number of jobs and neither will Keystone.

Estimates for job creation statistics for the Trans-Alaska Pipeline’s construction continued to fluctuate from the time it was first planned until the labor was set.  In March of 1973, Alyeska estimated that the pipeline would employ 26,000 people in construction jobs.  These numbers were later dropped significantly to 18,000 construction jobs in October 1973.  By January of 1974, once union contracts for the labor had been negotiated, Alyeska estimated that “perhaps 13,000” jobs would be created, “at its peak.”  During the summer of 1974, when initial work on the pipeline was just getting started, the labor force was estimated to grow to more than 14,000 workers by the following spring, when the pipe-laying would begin.  When the company began hiring in earnest in March 1975, they estimated that between 14,000 and 18,000 workers would be required that summer.

In January of 2010, Trans-Canada CEO Russell Girling claimed that the project would produce 13,000 construction jobs.  In April of 2011 the number grew to 20,000, which the Canadian Ambassador reiterated in August 2011.  In January 2012 the number was revised back down to 13,000 and this past April the company revised that number even lower, to 9,000 construction jobs.  Meanwhile, both the federal government and the Global Labor Institute at Cornell University’s College of Industrial and Labor Relations examined TransCanada’s application and made their own job creation estimates, at 6,000-6,500 and 2,500-4,500 respectively.  A State Department study projects only 35 permanent jobs in pipeline maintenance and inspection. Although it seems likely that the Keystone XL Pipeline’s application will eventually be approved by the Obama Administration, firmer numbers will not be available until the project gets underway.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2013/05/10/pipe-dreams-how-many-jobs-will-be-created-by-keystone-xl/

Hey, found a nice pic of you kimchi, how's the view?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:51:39 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2014, 12:31:32 pm »

BTW,  it's lucky we got the Alaska Pipeline built when we did because in  today's world  it never would have been built..  The Keystone pipeline would also make 50,000 jobs.. Doing simple things like that would drop the price of oil, oh yeah we could also  build more refineries and lift  EPA restrictions on  current refineries.  I'm tellin' ya!

Again...I beseech thee....what color is the sky in your world??

You do realize that for most of its life, the Alaska pipeline has shipped most of its oil to the Pacific rim...??  Else we would have lower prices, according to your faulty analysis!

And that the Keystone pipeline - as stated by the company that wants to do this - says directly that the pipeline will add AT MOST 50 permanent full time jobs.  

Not 50,000 like you keep lying about.  So, either you are in that alternate bizzarro world reality and have no direct connection to this planet...  OR you are intentionally lying (against the direct orders of who YOU claim is your superior - God.).  Which is it?

And as if that were not yet enough, explain why the price of gas has only recently (in the last few weeks) gone down?  When, IF you were right - which you are not - the price of oil/gas should have gone down at least several years ago just due to the increased drilling in North Dakota in the last few years....

Come on...try hard...give us lucid answers!!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:34:05 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2014, 12:42:35 pm »

I said the NATIONAL gasoline  average price- nation wide for gasoline is currently around $3.34 a gallon and it has not fell below the $3.00 a gallon mark since Obama came to power 6 years ago- yes in Oklahoma it's under $3.00 a gallon, but in other parts of the country it's still sky high thanks to Obama & the democrats. When Bush left office the going price for gasoline was $1.70 or so a gallon.

Since Obama came to power?  Incorrect.  From Jan. 20, 2009 to late Feb. 2010, it remained below $3.00 per gallon.

Gas breeched $3.00/gal for the first time ever (aside from occasional and isolated gouging cases after natural disasters) in May of 2007.  It flirted with $3.00/gal until February 2008 when it remained above $3.00 and went to its historic high of $4.00 before finally retreating below $3.00 in late Oct./early Nov. of 2008.

Who was president of the United States from May 2007 to Nov. 2008 and what did he have to do with the price of gasoline and a barrel of oil?  

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2014, 12:49:15 pm »

We are so lucky to live in Tulsa and Oklahoma where we have such great transit and rail infrastructure. So many of us don't have to use cars and rail is so efficient at moving large amounts of product.  Isn't it great that we both get to sell oil at high prices to the rest of the world, makin loads of profit, while we don't have to buy it ourselves!  HA! Talk about having your cake and eating it too!  Gosh we are so lucky.

Oh, wait.... 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2014, 12:53:06 pm »

I said the NATIONAL gasoline  average price- nation wide for gasoline is currently around $3.34 a gallon and it has not fell below the $3.00 a gallon mark since Obama came to power 6 years ago- yes in Oklahoma it's under $3.00 a gallon, but in other parts of the country it's still sky high thanks to Obama & the democrats. When Bush left office the going price for gasoline was $1.70 or so a gallon.

Real data on gas prices for the last 35 years. Look how stable the price was until Bush took office.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2014, 01:02:19 pm »

Since Obama came to power?  Incorrect.  From Jan. 20, 2009 to late Feb. 2010, it remained below $3.00 per gallon.

Gas breeched $3.00/gal for the first time ever (aside from occasional and isolated gouging cases after natural disasters) in May of 2007.  It flirted with $3.00/gal until February 2008 when it remained above $3.00 and went to its historic high of $4.00 before finally retreating below $3.00 in late Oct./early Nov. of 2008.

Who was president of the United States from May 2007 to Nov. 2008 and what did he have to do with the price of gasoline and a barrel of oil?  

See this is my problem with many conservatives/uninformed (they are not mutually exclusive either).  If gas is low, it's the Republican president's doing.  If it's high, it's the new guy with the D.  And vice versa.  The cycle continues.

Happens with everything.  President can't just wave a wand and make gas prices changes.  Not even with releasing from the reserves.  He doesn't get to do that without justification either.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2014, 01:03:46 pm »

Real data on gas prices for the last 35 years. Look how stable the price was until Bush took office.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

Geee, that spike coincides with the surge in Iraq then drops by January '08 and the has gone up every year since now close to the price during the surge. Who was presid....... oh that's right, blame Bush.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2014, 01:14:31 pm »

I miss the days when I could get around for a week in my ElCamino for $5-$10.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »

I miss the days when I could get around for a week in my ElCamino for $5-$10.

Making $2.35 an hour....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2014, 03:11:02 pm »

Making $2.35 an hour....

Actually, I think Albertson’s was paying courtesy clerks $4 or $4.25 an hour at the time, early ’80’s.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org