A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:14:09 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallin cuts top tax rate, says state revenue growth is enough.  (Read 113563 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:02 pm »

When asked to raise her right hand:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:52 pm »

Oklahoma has been in a five year drought thanks to Barack Obama.

I have it on good authority he killed Kenny too.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2013, 02:22:54 pm »

I have it on good authority he killed Kenny too.

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2013, 06:05:26 pm »

Ya mean like Obama's economy? Obama is  raising taxes more and more and the economy is choking because of it... You Never  raise taxes in a recession. Taxes need to be cut, we are not under taxed, the government is spending too much. The national economy could be fixed real fast and easy-  the national  unemployment rate which just increased to 7.9% last month  could be slashed easy by getting rid of the choking regulations on business and cut taxes, encourage growth not punish growth. How fair is it that half the population pay zero taxes and still get a EIC tax refund? That needs to stop.. The government is the problem. Ronald Reagan nailed it when he said "Government that governs the least, governs the best" Get governemt  off people's backs and let people keep more of what they earn. Don't punish investments. The EPA should be done away with too, Let the states do the EPA's job. Mary Fallin has Oklahoma's economy strong with a unemployment rate of 5% by doing things right. Obama has the national economy in shambles by doing everything wrong, Obama is using old tired policys that always failed in the past, Remember  Jimmy Carter's economy? That's why the national unemployment rate is so high, and the real U-6 unemployment rate is around 15%...Gasoline is high because we can't drill. Obama is destroying our nations economy..

Yeah...like that...the weird little different color sky world you live in....proved it again, there, guy!

Economy is not choking. 

We are not in a recession (haven't been in about 4 years).

The Bush tax cuts should have expired about 18 months after they were started. 

Govt may be spending too much, but it is doing so in great part - mostly - due to our policy of imperialistic voyeurism that has been accelerated in the last 30 years or so.  Look at the debt in 1980 versus today.  And note where the big increases came.

Exactly which "choking regulations" are you talking about?  Probably the ones that are intended to keep the medicine supplies safe, since you are obviously getting bad meds...or stopped taking the good ones.

Ahhhh...now I get it - your comment about the EPA - you want the coal fired plants to put even more mercury back into your environment.  And lead in the paint?  Well, I submit you have indulged in way too much of both.

Fallin has done nothing that would actually benefit the economy.

Obama - well I don't like him, but at least he got a stimulus that actually brought us out of the Bush recession in about 6 months, while Bush was "playing the fiddle" for the previous 16 months doing nothing to benefit the economy.

Carter, unemployment, oil...you just don't have a clue, do you?  Sad.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2013, 06:36:30 pm »

The basketball teams for Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are also ranked thanks to Mary Fallin. Downtown Tulsa is getting two new BBQ joints and a new sandwich shop thanks to Mary Fallin. A Sapulpa cop made the TV show "The Biggest Loser" thanks to Mary Fallin.

Oklahoma has been in a five year drought thanks to Barack Obama.

Are you seriously mocking Fallin's "accomplishments". I mean Obama ended the war in Iraq and saved the world from economic collapse, so let's let Mary have a little credit.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »

Educate me professor. Show me a policy that Mary Fallin implemented and show me the direct result that caused our economy to flourish that wasn't done by some other state.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »

Educate me professor. Show me a policy that Mary Fallin implemented and show me the direct result that caused our economy to flourish that wasn't done by some other state.

I've been demanding that of you on the left since Obama became our savior. The beauty is I do not have to prove anything. I just look for who is in charge now, and that's who gets the credit my pupil.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2013, 07:28:12 pm »

Fallin is said to be responsible for closing the smoke hole in the Capital and making it a workout room.

If that's true, I support it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2013, 06:36:21 am »

Fallin is said to be responsible for closing the smoke hole in the Capital and making it a workout room.

If that's true, I support it.

Hurray for Mary!!

At least she hasn't been a total waste like Inhofe...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2013, 07:16:23 am »

I just look for who is in charge now, and that's who gets the credit my pupil.

You are such an Obama spooner.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »

The national economy will stay in the dumper till 'Bama is out of office. Everything that guy does destroys our economy and jobs. The gas prices are the highest ever for a winter season. How much will gasoline cost in summer if we have gas prices this high in winter? Obama won't allow the KeyStone Pipeline or allow drilling on federal lands... Any wonder big chunks of our paychecks go into the fuel tank? The unemployment rate is ticking back up, the real unemployment rate U-6 is 15%, all 'Bama does is now is talk about gun control, gay rights or amnesity for illegals. Nothing about the economy or our gas prices. Michelle Obama is our national  food police officer- as she eats all sorts of food, and she tells others what to eat.. Michelle seems to gained alot of weight lately have ya noticed. Ronald Reagan cleaned up the mess Jimmy Carter gave him in 1981. Jimmy Carter like Obama had the economy in shambles. In a few months Reagan had our economy roaring back to life. The state of Oklahoma is doing very well even with Obama doing his best to destroy the national economy. ObamaCare starts very soon, get ready for more shocks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:54:58 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »

^^^^^ Heading to Walmart to pick up some extra large Depends for you know you...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »

Ronald Reagan cleaned up the mess Jimmy Carter gave him in 1981. Jimmy Carter like Obama had the economy in shambles. In a few months Reagan had our economy roaring back to life.

Now I know you have lived your whole life in a drunken stupor...no clue about what happened in the early 70's to create the situation of the late 70's.  Can you spell "wage and price controls"...?  Can you spell anything at all?

As for Reagan and a few months - well if you mean we went from 15% inflation in early January 1981 to 6% inflation in early February 1981, well, ok, that's "roaring", I guess.  It is also, and more accurately, what happens when you just arbitrarily change the way you calculate inflation.  (Done repeatedly by the way - it is much like the Dow Jones Industrial Average - virtually meaningless.)

So tell me...exactly how did the savings and loan collapse, and the recession around that same time constitute "roaring back to life" on your fantasy world??  I really am curious - details please!

Do you ever leave the house, or watch anything other than Fox??  Again, just curious....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2013, 02:16:41 pm »

Do you ever leave the house, or watch anything other than Fox??  Again, just curious....

He's out-crazying FOX news.

I'd appreciate it if he'd have one of his care givers look over what he types before he's allowed to post.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »

He's out-crazying FOX news.

I'd appreciate it if he'd have one of his care givers look over what he types before he's allowed to post.

And there he is....  Have you called Hoss yet?   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org