A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:43:37 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MSNBC to air special on Elliot Nelson  (Read 2967 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« on: April 07, 2011, 04:25:33 am »

MSNBC to air show on Elliot Nelson and downtown. Proof that several brave people have taken us farther than we think in so many areas. The show is going to focus on the concept of owning so many small businesses, and how he has transformed the area.

---------------------------------------

Take a drive through Downtown Tulsa and you'll see a lot of development going on.

Producers for a national program are taking note of one particular business owner who opened up at the beginning of it all.

On the corner of 1st and Elgin Avenue you'll find a cornerstone of development,
McNellie's Irish Pub.

It opened a few years ago.

Today, Elliot Nelson is running several restaurants in the area and his work piqued the interest of MSNBC crews.

Read more: http://kjrh.m0bl.net/w/main/story/24295625/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:27:11 am by ZYX » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:55:16 am »

MSNBC to air show on Elliot Nelson and downtown. Proof that several brave people have taken us farther than we think in so many areas. The show is going to focus on the concept of owning so many small businesses, and how he has transformed the area.

---------------------------------------

Take a drive through Downtown Tulsa and you'll see a lot of development going on.

Producers for a national program are taking note of one particular business owner who opened up at the beginning of it all.

On the corner of 1st and Elgin Avenue you'll find a cornerstone of development,
McNellie's Irish Pub.

It opened a few years ago.

Today, Elliot Nelson is running several restaurants in the area and his work piqued the interest of MSNBC crews.

Read more: http://kjrh.m0bl.net/w/main/story/24295625/

Superb news.  Something positive to air regarding our city.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:09:46 am »

A cameraman and a producer was McNellies last night.  They were getting shots of people at their tables.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:23:39 am »

Any idea of an air date?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:55:18 am »

Any idea of an air date?

From KJRH story:

MSNBC has not yet set a date for the story to air on Nelson.

The producer says it could be sometime in late May or June.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:57:11 am »

Between that and the Man V Food segments, that's a lot of WIN for downtown lately.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:30 am »

Between that and the Man V Food segments, that's a lot of WIN for downtown lately.

With those upcoming in May and June, and the NCAA tournament coverage, it's a good start to some free recognition for Tulsa. Make me wonder if the tourny spurred the idea for msnbc somewhat.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:17:36 pm »

With those upcoming in May and June, and the NCAA tournament coverage, it's a good start to some free recognition for Tulsa. Make me wonder if the tourny spurred the idea for msnbc somewhat.

Wouldn't be surprised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org