A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:39:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard about a SAMS in Owasso  (Read 3979 times)
TulsaWD
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:18:29 am »

I couple people have told me that a SAMS is supposed to be built by the new Reasors at 116 St N and 169.

I haven't heard anything about it through any 'official' channels.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:37:47 am »

Actually I heard Costco....which would be awesome...thus it can't possibly be true.
Who Cares
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:00:10 pm »

I don't think a Costco in oklahoma is likely, due to the fact that they can't sell wine and the other spirits. It would be great though.
perspicuity85
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:48 pm »

Fayetteville, AR just passed a city ordinance allowing Sam's to sell liquor.  The only restriction is that there must be a wall between the liquor section and the rest of the store.  All other liquor in Fayetteville must be sold in liquor stores.

It would be something for Sam's or Costco to consider in Oklahoma.
safetyguy
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:47:50 am »

The Arkansas Sam's situation is similar to the Sam's in Wichita. The liquor store was a separate company operating the liquor portion. It was set up in some respects like a warehouse.

I stopped in to pick up some good beer that you can't get in OK.

Isn't alcohol the same reason Trader Joe's hasn't come to OK?
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 02:45:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

The Arkansas Sam's situation is similar to the Sam's in Wichita. The liquor store was a separate company operating the liquor portion. It was set up in some respects like a warehouse.

I stopped in to pick up some good beer that you can't get in OK.

Isn't alcohol the same reason Trader Joe's hasn't come to OK?

Trader Joe's will not build in Kansas City so I hardly think they will build here first.  And it is about the liquor.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org