A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:47:15 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Construction In Sand Springs  (Read 7205 times)
breitee
« on: September 05, 2007, 07:43:35 am »

I see that a building permit has been issued for a new commercial building at 117 N. Wilson, just north of Blockbuster Video. Does anyone know what is going in there?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:59 pm »

I was in Sand Springs this weekend visiting my parents and they told me that their neighbor, who has a son on the City Council, told them a Starbucks was coming to town soon. That site seems like a likely spot.

They were also told that Chili's, Panera Bread and  Old Navy have been sniffing around town for some land.
breitee
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:55:23 am »

That would be great. We can use all of them. How about a Lowe's or Home Depot?
Who Cares
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:44:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

That would be great. We can use all of them. How about a Lowe's or Home Depot?

I heard a rumor that Lowes was trying to put a store on some of the land that was cleared south of downtown. I don't know if its true of not.
Bones013
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:26:11 pm »

From KTUL's website:

Sand Springs River Development Plans Released
Friday September 07, 2007 6:39 pm    Posted By: Kevin King

» PRINT    » EMAIL    » AIM
Sand Springs - Tulsa and Jenks aren't the only cities planning major development along the Arkansas River. Today, Sand Springs officials released information about a commercial development planned there as well.

It's called River City Crossing and a final site plan shaping the center's layout has been prepared Keystone Redevelopment LLC, a subsidiary of Mpirical Development of St. Louis.

The development would be located on the southeast corner of the Sand Springs Expressway interchange with Highway 97, where 27 acres of land was razed of blighted structures as part of Tulsa County's Keystone Corridor revitalization project.

"We are very exicited with how things are coming together," said Mpirical's Jim Maloney. "We believe we have found the right mix of tenants that will best serve the community as a regional retail center."

Maloney says agreements are being finalized with an anchor tenant as well as six national retail firms and three national chain restaurants. Specific tenants can't be named yet due to confidentiality agreements, but Maloney says announcements will be coming soon.

Keystone Redevelopment expects to close on the property with the City of Sand Springs by the end of the year. Construction on the project would follow early next year.

» Find More Articles Related To This One
breitee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 11:14:55 am »

Still no information on what they are going to build on Wilson?
Bones013
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:45:07 pm »

Several people told me it is a Starbucks. But I'll believe it when I see it.

When I was looking for a building permit for the Wilson property I noticed the city issued a permit for L D Kerns to build a commercial building. The permit shows that the location is at 1100 W. Wekiwa rd. The structure is 5488 sq. feet and the project is valued at $700,000.
 Does anyone know what they are building? The sg. footage and cost kinda leads me to believe that it may be a restaurant. Or it could be a big shed, who knows?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 02:15:07 pm »

L.D. Kerns builds almost everything.

Here is a link to photos of some of the projects they have built.

http://www.ldkerns.com/gallery2/main.php

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 06:18:35 pm »

1100 W. Wekiwa is in the area where the new Community Center is supposed to be going. It is supposed to be over  twice that size though.
perspicuity85
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 12:10:56 am »

Starbuck's is not a bad bet.  About 6 months ago, they issued a public statement saying they planned to increase their number of stores by about 100%.  Pretty soon, you won't be able to spit in Siberia without hitting a Starbuck's.  I'm sure Sand Springs can land one.
breitee
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 11:01:40 am »

Any updates on this? Ground has been broken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org