A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:18:08 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church's Chicken - Sand Springs  (Read 16110 times)
lyndonj
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 05:28:53 pm »

The restaurant @I-44/ Peoria is being acquired by ODOT yet our goal is to relocate in the immediate area and the excess property that Q Trip will have is a possibility.

Thank you for your continued support, encouragement and patronage in Sand Springs
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 08:36:22 pm »

Had dinner there again tonight. They were fairly busy inside and had a couple of cars in the drive thru when we arrived shortly after 7:30pm.

Inside wasn't spic and span, but considering the amount of business they were doing it was acceptable. Had a bit of a wait for our order, but again acceptable due to the amount of business.

The person who waited on us was named Jonathon and he was very friendly and helpful when my father, who had come with us, asked for something special.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 05:25:17 am »

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Church's.

Our family had a bad experience with Church's in 1977 and none of us has eaten from there since! Seriously, 1977. We all remember.

We just can't do it. Sorry. Just. Can't. Go. There. [xx(]
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Church's.

Our family had a bad experience with Church's in 1977 and none of us has eaten from there since! Seriously, 1977. We all remember.

We just can't do it. Sorry. Just. Can't. Go. There. [xx(]

I had a similar experience with Outback Steakhouse 2 years ago. None of my family will ever go back.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 01:31:45 pm »

We went to the new Church's in BA last night, and my daughter went to the restroom and came out gagging. She said that the bathroom was full of roaches. $14.10 down the drain - we couldn't eat the food we had bought for take-out. (We had already received our order and went to the car when she "remembered" she had to use the restroom.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 02:00:18 pm »

Church's always just seems too out of the way for me.  Maybe if they open a new store near I-44/Peoria I will try it.  

I'm a creature of habit.  For commercial fried chicken I love KFC original (especially the buffet down in Jenks) and for down-home- Ollie's.

Only trick with Ollie's is you need to get there around noon.  Any earlier and you run the risk of dried out chicken which was either left-over from yesterday or cooked at 6am, must past 1pm and it's dried out from sitting on the buffet for too long.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
breitee
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 02:34:06 pm »

Have conditions improved at the Sand Springs Church's?
lyndonj
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by restored2x

We went to the new Church's in BA last night, and my daughter went to the restroom and came out gagging. She said that the bathroom was full of roaches. $14.10 down the drain - we couldn't eat the food we had bought for take-out. (We had already received our order and went to the car when she "remembered" she had to use the restroom.)

I truly apologize for your experience at my Broken Arrow location last month. Because of the excessive amount of rain that the area has encountered there as been an epidemic of water bugs and beetles.  I can personally assure you and the many other forum devotees that we do not have roaches and we have been very aggressive in our efforts to eliminate the bugs I referenced thorough our pest control vendor.

Sincerely,

Lyndon Johnson
Church's Chicken Owner
lyndonj
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Church's always just seems too out of the way for me.  Maybe if they open a new store near I-44/Peoria I will try it.  

I'm a creature of habit.  For commercial fried chicken I love KFC original (especially the buffet down in Jenks) and for down-home- Ollie's.

Only trick with Ollie's is you need to get there around noon.  Any earlier and you run the risk of dried out chicken which was either left-over from yesterday or cooked at 6am, must past 1pm and it's dried out from sitting on the buffet for too long.

We currently have a restaurant on the NW corner of I44/Peoria which has been in operation for over 25 years unfortunately ODOT is purchasing the location to expand I 44!
lyndonj
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 10:16:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

Have conditions improved at the Sand Springs Church's?

With the increased use of technology information travels at much greater speeds which results in a wide spectrum of opinions and points of view circulating to a much broader audience. I ultimately view this as a meaningful vehicle to communicate to the masses and as with any communication medium it is incumbent of the recipient to be objective and to not take everything at face value yet reach their own independent conclusion.

My point is that our goal at Church's Chicken is to run a first class operation with an objective of exceeding our guests expectations.  The reality is we aren't completely at our best, yet we aim to reach that point of excellence.  For any past, current, or future guests that are genuinely interested in being a partner in our quest for greatness I will gladly schedule time to meet you personally at any one of my restaurants to treat you for lunch/dinner as my guest and receive your input as a demonstration of my commitment towards excellence. Our company's name is Reciprocity Restaurant Group which essentially means that we recognize the need for a participative relationship with our customers, employees and vendors in order to succeed in the very competitive space that we do business.

I look forward to hearing from many of you in the future and thank you for the opportunity to serve you and earn your business.

President & Owner
Church's Chicken

918-592-7041
random
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 07:15:38 am »

I ate at the Church's in Tulsa on Admiral one day. I literally couldn't stand on the floor. My feet kept slipping out from underneath me from all the grease! The service was painfully slow. The food was actually pretty good though.
lyndonj
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 08:07:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by random

I ate at the Church's in Tulsa on Admiral one day. I literally couldn't stand on the floor. My feet kept slipping out from underneath me from all the grease! The service was painfully slow. The food was actually pretty good though.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience was as you described.  Unfortunately that is not one of my restaurants so I can't directly address that specific instance.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 02:33:21 pm »

Mr. Johnson,

I will try your broken Arrow restaurant perhaps once more, as I really enjoy fried chicken and Church's. Hopefully, I will have a better experience this time. It is very frustrating to buy food only to throw it away because of health concerns and dirty restaurants.

I used to work in industrial and commercial pest control in the Carribean and there is absolutely never a justifiable reason for your pest control vendor to fail your business in this manner. Your vendor's lack of competence and professionalism unfortunately speaks negatively of you to your customers.

I will post here after trying the restaurant again this week.

Your personal reply to these posts is encouraging. Good luck with your restaurants.
lyndonj
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 10:37:10 am »

quote:

Mr. Johnson,

I will try your broken Arrow restaurant perhaps once more, as I really enjoy fried chicken and Church's. Hopefully, I will have a better experience this time. It is very frustrating to buy food only to throw it away because of health concerns and dirty restaurants.

I used to work in industrial and commercial pest control in the Carribean and there is absolutely never a justifiable reason for your pest control vendor to fail your business in this manner. Your vendor's lack of competence and professionalism unfortunately speaks negatively of you to your customers.

I will post here after trying the restaurant again this week.

Your personal reply to these posts is encouraging. Good luck with your restaurants.

I do understand your frustration and disappointment and for that I apologize and I have always taken the personal responsibility very seriously regarding the performance of my business.  With that said I become even more concerned about Broad Stroking statements indicating that this location is dirty and unsanitary.

I look forward to your feedback upon any future visits and as a means of providing more immediate feedback the GM at the location is Janet Fauerbach and can be reached @361.8114 and I can be reached @ 810.8320.

Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by lyndonj

quote:

I truly apologize for your experience at my Broken Arrow location last month. Because of the excessive amount of rain that the area has encountered there as been an epidemic of water bugs and beetles.  I can personally assure you and the many other forum devotees that we do not have roaches and we have been very aggressive in our efforts to eliminate the bugs I referenced thorough our pest control vendor.

Sincerely,

Lyndon Johnson
Church's Chicken Owner

Finally made it back to the BA Church's. Another to-go order. The service was very fast and the people very friendly. I'll go back, but only for takeout.

Also - my statement was not "broad stroking" - it was specific to that restaurant and our personal visit there on that particular evening. It was our experience, and from our perspective, it was as I said it was.

Chicken and biscuits were very good and we enjoyed our meal.

Thanks-
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org