A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:04:59 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Dub  (Read 8812 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 09:23:13 am »

Sarah Palin from Facebook:

Thank you to everyone who joined Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and me in Tulsa to rally for T.W. Shannon for Senate. T.W. has got a great future ahead of him as a new voice for conservative action in D.C. We need this dynamic leader in Washington!
Also, a big thank you to Burn Co. Barbecue in Tulsa for providing the great grub! Their BBQ ribs clobber moose meat. I must admit. Heavenly. Along with T.W. Shannon who's going to show Washington some Oklahoma thunder, Burn Co. is another reason Oklahoma can be so proud!
- Sarah Palin

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

When I see Shannon I think of a bag of Oreo cookies. The other guy running looks like he's run too many marathons. Put some weight on them, a good heavy beard and some sagging britches so the rest of us Okies can relate.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 11:44:29 am »

I think Lankford wins this race easily. Shannon has put together a good team and being House speaker gives him friends, but being a Congressman is just in a higher league and will help Lankford for the win.

Shannon also has to split the (minority of republicans) tea party volunteers and money with Randy Brogdon. Don't discount Brogdon. He beat Mary Fallin in Tulsa County.

Tulsa County will be an important battleground for this June 24th primary.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 12:06:12 pm »

I think Lankford wins this race easily. Shannon has put together a good team and being House speaker gives him friends, but being a Congressman is just in a higher league and will help Lankford for the win.

Shannon also has to split the (minority of republicans) tea party volunteers and money with Randy Brogdon. Don't discount Brogdon. He beat Mary Fallin in Tulsa County.

Whoever makes the most powerful argument that the opponents are too liberal for Oklahoma will win.

"Brogdon?  He's too liberal for Oklahoma."

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 09:12:49 am »

More proof...
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/letter-critical-of-t-w-shannon-reveals-tea-party-split/article_3d63987f-7d4c-5878-a95f-e6596aa32193.html

Letter critical of T.W. Shannon reveals tea party split

Leaders of Oklahoma tea party organizations ripped U.S. Senate candidate T.W. Shannon on Friday and said national leaders like Sarah Palin and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz had endorsed Shannon without consulting them or researching his record.

The letter, from leaders of groups such as OKC Tea Party and the Tulsa 9.12 Project, was written a day after Palin, Cruz and U.S. Sen. Mike Lee held a rally in Tulsa for Shannon to boost the Lawton Republican's conservative bona fides. Written to out-of-state organizations and individuals endorsing Shannon, a state representative, the letter says Shannon "had never stepped foot" in a tea party meeting before announcing his run for the last two years of U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn's term.

"Once he made his announcement he began showing up at meetings with little or no notice. After receiving the endorsements of Governor Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, Senate Conservatives Fund, U.S. Senators Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, Shannon no longer attends grassroots meetings nor does he seek the grassroots support — he doesn't need us."

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 01:41:37 pm »

More proof...
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/letter-critical-of-t-w-shannon-reveals-tea-party-split/article_3d63987f-7d4c-5878-a95f-e6596aa32193.html

Letter critical of T.W. Shannon reveals tea party split

Leaders of Oklahoma tea party organizations ripped U.S. Senate candidate T.W. Shannon on Friday and said national leaders like Sarah Palin and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz had endorsed Shannon without consulting them or researching his record.

The letter, from leaders of groups such as OKC Tea Party and the Tulsa 9.12 Project, was written a day after Palin, Cruz and U.S. Sen. Mike Lee held a rally in Tulsa for Shannon to boost the Lawton Republican's conservative bona fides. Written to out-of-state organizations and individuals endorsing Shannon, a state representative, the letter says Shannon "had never stepped foot" in a tea party meeting before announcing his run for the last two years of U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn's term.

"Once he made his announcement he began showing up at meetings with little or no notice. After receiving the endorsements of Governor Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, Senate Conservatives Fund, U.S. Senators Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, Shannon no longer attends grassroots meetings nor does he seek the grassroots support — he doesn't need us."

That's some whiny smile from the "Tea Party" right there. I was "grass rooted" by Shannon campaign from the get go.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 02:35:42 pm »

for those late to the party, who/what is "T-Dub"?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »

Langford needs to start spending some money then if he’s going to win it easily. 

Shannon having Palin, Cruz, and Lee stump for him told me everything I needed to know about him.  Wouldn’t get my vote if I could still vote in primaries.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 11:58:16 pm »

for those late to the party, who/what is "T-Dub"?

It's street for "T.W." I guess. I suspect Lankford is "Grandmaster Jimmie" to avoid the racial impropriety. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:45 am »

That's some whiny smile from the "Tea Party" right there. I was "grass rooted" by Shannon campaign from the get go.

Whew!!  Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't exactly "grass roots"....that refers to the common folk...the "little guy" who has to get up and got to a job making about $12 an hour where he gets dumped on all day by a boss that doesn't understand the job the 'little guy' is doing and never will, since boss is focused on moving up the ladder to the next job....leaving the actual worker-bee to deal with the next transient boss.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:38 am »

Interesting attack on T.W. Shannon...
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/shannon-under-fire-tea-party-fellow-house-republic/nfhsZ/

By Russell Mills
TULSA —
A Senate candidate from Oklahoma is getting some big national endorsements, but here at home he's coming under increasing fire from grassroots organizations as well as fellow lawmakers. Rep. Mike Reynolds (R-Oklahoma City) put up a website a couple of years ago about T.W. Shannon, and he's continuing to build his case now that Shannon's running for U. S. Senate.

On the site, Reynolds talks about a warrant that was issued for Shannon's arrest, campaign fundraising violations, questionable financial dealings, and other ethical problems.

"The first question that T. W. Shannon needs to answer for every voter in Oklahoma: How do you make a living?" Reynolds told KRMG. "He has consistently refused to answer that question. He hasn't provided one single client that he's ever worked for, or anybody else to my knowledge, publicly."

He says Shannon's own records show he's accepted illegal contributions from corporations, which are not allowed to contribute to campaigns under Oklahoma law. "I don't see anything but red flags when it comes to T. W. Shannon's run for the U. S. Senate," Reynolds added.

Now, a grassroots Tea Party organization has firmly distanced itself from Shannon as well. In a petition filed online, the Tulsa 9-12 Project, OKfor TEA, Get America Back, and others have made it clear they do not support Shannon. The petition is addressed to "outside individuals & organizations endorsing T.W. Shannon for US Senate."

It reads in part:

As conservative grassroots leaders and activists from across the state of Oklahoma we are dismayed that you have endorsed T.W. Shannon for U.S. Senate without having fully researched and vetted the candidate. Each of the top three contenders to replace Senator Tom Coburn has a voting record that is easy to research. Boots on the ground, grassroots leaders and activists were never consulted regarding who the true conservative candidate was before endorsements were made. Claiming the conservative mantle and deeming yourself as the “grassroots candidate” without the authentic conservative record and actions to support it, instead, makes you a poser.

KRMG contacted the Shannon campaign to offer them a chance to respond, we have not heard back.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org