A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:10:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebola  (Read 47417 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

Funny. That's precisely where I was going with you and your proximity to Obama.

Sure it was
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

Exactly as predicted.  Ebola was caused by the Republicans.

SHEILA JACKSON LEE: I’m frustrated we didn’t take the initial encounter in Dallas at the level that it should have been. The county officials have been excellent, but the fractured infrastructure, and understanding what was happening to Mr. Duncan did not translate to those front liners, the nurses and techs and others. That is unfair to them. I’m frustrated with that. I will also say that Center For Disease Control suffers from the continued gridlock in Washington and Republicans not funding fully even though the fight against Ebola is bipartisan, the CDC and NIH has suffered in its funding.
https://grabien.com/file.php?id=27109&searchorder=date

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2014, 02:17:52 pm »

That had already been established when we cut funding.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2014, 05:00:46 pm »

SHEILA JACKSON LEE: I’m frustrated we didn’t take the initial encounter in Dallas at the level that it should have been. The county officials have been excellent, but the fractured infrastructure, and understanding what was happening to Mr. Duncan did not translate to those front liners, the nurses and techs and others. That is unfair to them. I’m frustrated with that. I will also say that Center For Disease Control suffers from the continued gridlock in Washington and Republicans not funding fully even though the fight against Ebola is bipartisan, the CDC and NIH has suffered in its funding.
https://grabien.com/file.php?id=27109&searchorder=date

Even though you think you are being facetious, that is exactly one of the reasons we are having problems with things like this.  You cannot "cut" your way to profitability as a company, and you cannot "cut" your way to better government services - in exactly the same way!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »

Saw a Facebook post today.    Ok, government says Ebola is hard to get, yet 2 trained nurses in full hazmat gear got it.  Mmmmkay. 

What caught my attention in one news story was how they were keeping an eye on one homeless person who had had contact with the patient in Dallas, but then they lost track of the homeless person. They did find him later.  But despite how great and modern our society is, you suddenly start to see how some things we don't pay much attention to, could be the weak link that could get things to turn ugly real quick.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:29 pm »

Interlude moment....

Say "Ebola" to yourself in exactly the same way the commercials say "Riccola...."   Fits perfectly.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2014, 02:11:26 am »

I have seen on twitter several sources claiming the CDC approved on Ebola exposed nurse to travel by air with symptoms. I guess that too was a result of funding cuts.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2014, 04:32:41 am »

What sources, Guido?

Ed W

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2014, 07:05:07 am »

Yes Guido, what sources?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2014, 07:10:23 am »

I have seen on twitter several sources claiming the CDC approved on Ebola exposed nurse to travel by air with symptoms. I guess that too was a result of funding cuts.

Here's one source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2793691/second-healthcare-worker-tests-positive-ebola-texas.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2014, 07:16:32 am »

Here's one source.

Probably shouldn't ask the receptionist at the CDC.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2014, 07:53:54 am »

Probably shouldn't ask the receptionist at the CDC.

Nearly the same as asking the intern at the NTSB:

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54:55 am »

Nearly the same as asking the intern at the NTSB:

Still funny as ever!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2014, 09:24:35 am »

Saw a Facebook post today.    Ok, government says Ebola is hard to get, yet 2 trained nurses in full hazmat gear got it.  Mmmmkay. 

What caught my attention in one news story was how they were keeping an eye on one homeless person who had had contact with the patient in Dallas, but then they lost track of the homeless person. They did find him later.  But despite how great and modern our society is, you suddenly start to see how some things we don't pay much attention to, could be the weak link that could get things to turn ugly real quick.

We past the point of having Dustin Hoffman lure him out of the woods with a plate of apples?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2014, 09:44:08 am »

This doesn’t help matters, the internet and social media are great places to spread misinformation.  An article appeared yesterday claiming that CIDRAP had determined ebola could be transmitted via airborne particles.

University of Minnesota knocks down claim of new Ebola risks

Ebola anxiety spread rapidly on social media Wednesday when inaccurate articles and tweets claimed that University of Minnesota infectious disease experts had determined the deadly virus has become airborne — a claim quickly shot down by the U.

A Twitter user with the name @UnivMinnNews, which uses the U logo but is not an official university account, spread the claim — citing an article in the alternative news site Inquisitr. That story cited a commentary posted on the website of the U’s Center for Infectious Disease Control and Policy (CIDRAP).

The published commentary, however, doesn’t make that claim, U officials pointed out. It only states that “people should understand the potential for a virus to become airborne.” And while it was posted on the CIDRAP website, it was written by an unaffiliated researcher from Chicago.

“CIDRAP is not saying [Ebola] is airborne,” spokeswoman Caroline Marin said Wednesday afternoon. “There is always the possibility that diseases can mutate.”

The false claims spread rapidly on social media, and seemed to stoke fears already heightened by the discovery that a second nurse in Texas became infected at a hospital that treated the first U.S.-diagnosed case of Ebola.

Ebola spreads through contact with infected bodily fluids such as blood and saliva — unlike seasonal influenza, which can be airborne. The current Ebola outbreak is centered in west Africa, where more than 8,000 people have suffered infections and 4,000 have died. CIDRAP’s director, Michael Osterholm, said last week that he doubts there will be widespread transmission of Ebola in the U.S., or cases in Minnesota.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/279361722.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org