A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:54:23 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SINGLE PAYER IS THE ONLY HEALTHY SOLUTION  (Read 38527 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2011, 10:07:40 pm »

Yeah, I'm bashing doctors when I say that the supply is artificially limited. And since you seem to be in favor of that, shall we go back to limiting law school admissions as well? Good for lawyers, not so much for the rest of us.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »

Yeah, I'm bashing doctors when I say that the supply is artificially limited. And since you seem to be in favor of that, shall we go back to limiting law school admissions as well? Good for lawyers, not so much for the rest of us.

Then like I said, don't go to a doctor then, Seriously, heal thyself. And law schools do have limitations on admission--which I destroyed. What about your field? Are there limitations/admissions/licensing in your field; which by the way is what precisely?

And I would like a link to your "artificially limited" accusation.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »

Then like I said, don't go to a doctor then, Seriously, heal thyself. And law schools do have limitations on admission--which I destroyed. What about your field? Are there limitations/admissions/licensing in your field; which by the way is what precisely?
Either I'm being less clear than I think I am or you're being intentionally dense.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-03-02-doctor-shortage_x.htm

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »

Either I'm being less clear than I think I am or you're being intentionally dense.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-03-02-doctor-shortage_x.htm

So, no, no one regulates your industry. Anyone can apparently do what you do. You know what I do, what about you? Tell us or are you ashamed?

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

So, no, no one regulates your industry. Anyone can apparently do what you do. You know what I do, what about you? Tell us or are you ashamed?
I've said repeatedly, just not in this thread. Wink

I'm an IT consultant. There are regulations, but only if you're dealing with clients that have to be PCI or HIPPA compliant, and they don't apply to the worker, but to the company.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2011, 08:06:30 am »

I'm an IT consultant. There are regulations, but only if you're dealing with clients that have to be PCI or HIPPA compliant, and they don't apply to the worker, but to the company.

HIPPA? HIPAA?

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:07 am »

In other fields (specifically the one I'm in) there is also the FCRA to be mindful of.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2011, 10:34:24 am »

Yeah, sometimes a person types the wrong letter when they're typing quickly. Get over it, deadbeat.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »

Yeah, sometimes a person types the wrong letter when they're typing quickly. Get over it, deadbeat.

Whatever Clavin. When you believe you know everything about everything you will get burned. No one else in this forum behaves like you, and what is sad is you are too dense to realize it.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2011, 01:07:58 pm »

Whatever Clavin. When you believe you know everything about everything you will get burned. No one else in this forum behaves like you, and what is sad is you are too dense to realize it.
If I actually believed that, you might have a point, but as anyone who actually knows me is aware, I'm the first to point out that I don't in fact know everything about everything, as depressing as that fact is.

BTW, I am not going to let you get me down. I have 6 beers in front of me and it's snowing, so you know what to do. Wink

Conan, thanks for the Steamworks suggestion. They have some damn good beer.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »

If I actually believed that, you might have a point, but as anyone who actually knows me is aware, I'm the first to point out that I don't in fact know everything about everything, as depressing as that fact is.

BTW, I am not going to let you get me down. I have 6 beers in front of me and it's snowing, so you know what to do. Wink

Conan, thanks for the Steamworks suggestion. They have some damn good beer.

I know what to do. In three days I'll be in suite nearly as big as my first apartment/townhouse on a cruise in the Caribbean.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »

I know what to do. In three days I'll be in suite nearly as big as my first apartment/townhouse on a cruise in the Caribbean.
Sounds like fun. Thankfully, Hilton is also very kind to she who must be obeyed. Wink

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:10 pm »

In three days I'll be in suite nearly as big as my first apartment/townhouse on a cruise in the Caribbean.

There's a thing I can't do.

Cruise ships are an ideal breeding ground for germs: thousands of people in close proximity, eating food made in the same kitchen, inhabiting enclosed spaces that just a few days before housed someone else. In December 2002, the norovirus made waves in the media after a series of outbreaks on Holland America, Disney and Carnival lines, in which hundreds of passengers were infected. The problem has not disappeared. Fifteen cruise ship outbreaks of gastrointestinal illness (as defined by 3% or more of passengers having been diagnosed) were recorded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2009, down from 23 in 2007.

The CDC posts outbreaks on its web site. But this information accounts for only a portion of outbreaks worldwide because the CDC monitors only ships that include a U.S. port in their itinerary. Short of remaining ashore, the best way to stay healthy is to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, the CDC says.

http://www.smartmoney.com/spend/family-money/10-Things-Your-Cruise-Line-Wont-Tell-You-18575/?zone=intromessage
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »

I know this thread is veering off. I raised the same issue with my wife a while back. She threw the "you don't want to know what's on your paper money/door handles/ATM screens/shopping cart handles (how's that for a memory)" and the crowds at the mall at me. Our family goes on at least one cruise (2 this year) and one ski trip each year and I seem to get racked up more after skiing.

Really, dollar for dollar cruises are a great value. This upcoming cruise, though, is way more expensive given the very unique, once-in-a-lifetime, accomodations

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »

Really, dollar for dollar cruises are a great value. This upcoming cruise, though, is way more expensive given the very unique, once-in-a-lifetime, accomodations

It's too bad the cruise lines don't have great frequent cruiser programs like the hotels and airlines do.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org