A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:08:40 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa World Endorses Lakin  (Read 14584 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 02:55:46 pm »

New article (I notice Lakin submitted a new headshot since the last article)

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20090823_11_A15_SouthT582740&archive=yes
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 03:26:05 pm »

Grizz, I'm in D8 and I will gladly put a sign out in the yard for ya. Kiss

If only you could get The Artist to quit making snide southside remarks....
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 01:20:11 pm »

UTW Article on the race:
http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:27933
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 08:13:23 pm »

Grizz is true to his word...thanks.  At the time grizz arrived, one small Kashmir toddler escaped and another Kashmir kid was stuck in the car.  This unfazed the Grizz, as he is a parent of rugrats himself...thus able to handle anything.  Spreadin' the word, brother.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 06:50:49 am »

It's only when they get quiet that I get scared. That's when they're drawing on the foyer walls with mascara.

Got your signs placed, then board meeting, then met with Ridge Point later (Inteller's stomping grounds behind super target) and found their citizens to have mixed views on how much Bill helped them with the super target and road widening issues. All the while with a historically repetitive guitar riff stuck in my head.

I am a traveler of both time and space.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:32 am »

Not that I necessarily would've faired better in his shoes, but I think Lakin needs a bit more prep on rebutting opponent attacks. I could've pointed out a month ago what the obvious talking points were and how to argue both sides but Lakin seemed like he was trying to come up with answers as he went. Not sure if that was lack of preparation or just general uncomfortable/nervousness. At one point he called out PJ Lassek and the Tulsa World as if they were intentionally misquoting him, but I chcked into it and found out Lakin's train of thought derailed mid-statement so it just sounded like that.

Lakin said he had no idea where there would be conflicts of interest between the council and his job, save for the ballpark bond money. One member of the audience responded to his answer by rolling his eyes and pretending to toke up.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20090902_11_A19_ThreeR792421
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 10:41:49 am »

You're a shoe in.

Which ex TN poster is Xenu?  FB?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:55 am »

You're a shoe in.

Which ex TN poster is Xenu?  FB?

He's usually webmeister on TW. Based on the time of the post and clarity of grammar, I suspect PWI.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 11:10:26 am »

He's usually webmeister on TW. Based on the time of the post and clarity of grammar, I suspect PWI.

Good point
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 12:24:23 pm »

pretending to toke up.

Hmmm, I wondered when I saw Lakin's photo if he's one of those closeted dope-smoking GOP's that FOTD claims is out there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org