A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:17:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something neat in Kansas City  (Read 1931 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: September 28, 2005, 08:08:59 pm »

This last weekend I visited KC and a friend took me to a new development just outside of town.  I know some will disagree with me, but i really liked what I saw and wished Tulsa had something like it.  
      Imagine a mythical, perfect, small town downtown.There were bustling, tree and lampost lined streets with lots of shops and restraunts.  Several small "Town Square" areas replite with fountains, park benches and sidewalk cafe's and restraunts. It had the charm and walkability of a bygone era, but had all the stores and more that you would find in a nice modern mall.  There was multilevel parking outside the periphery and the taller buildings had loft apartments above.  We grabbed some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, sat on park benches, watched the children playing in the fountains while music waifted through the air. Then caught a movie at the cinema plex. It was quite nice.
      Then I thought about the new mall Tulsa is supposed to be getting and wished it would be something like this instead.  Suddenly the thought of another indoor mall sounded very boring and outdated.   Here is a website of the development I saw.  Check out the photo tour, though it doesnt capture the feel of the place at all.   http://www.zonarosa.com/

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org