A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:17:03 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 125078 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2012, 07:35:35 pm »

No its not and stop it. If we were talking about sexual dysfunction in women and medication, then we have a comparison. Now, if we were talking about insurance paying for vasectomies and not women BC...

Nice try at misdirection and deflection, but..."insert strawman here"....

Don't know about today, but in very recent decades, insurance has paid for vasectomy.  As was tubal ligation.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:38:15 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »

Nice try at misdirection and deflection, but..."insert strawman here"....

Don't know about today, but in very recent decades, insurance has paid for vasectomy.

Insurance didn't pay for mine.  Not sure if i didn't ask, but I didn't figure it was up to someone else to pay for my chosen form of birth control.  Having everyone else pay for my chosen proclivities is a new concept on me.  I guess I'm not into being a moocher.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:45 pm »

Both are used to treat medical conditions, bucko.

Well hell then, let's pay for Fluke's rubbers because my cholesterol medicine is covered. They both treat "medical conditions" after all.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »

Insurance didn't pay for mine.  Not sure if i didn't ask, but I didn't figure it was up to someone else to pay for my chosen form of birth control.  Having everyone else pay for my chosen proclivities is a new concept on me.  I guess I'm not into being a moocher.

The theory in the past, from the insurance company point of view, is that even though it has apparently become expensive in recent years (profit center), it is still dramatically cheaper than ANY topic associated with childbearing.  I'm guessing they are looking at it as a capital investment - I certainly would.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »

Don't know about today, but in very recent decades, insurance has paid for vasectomy.  As was tubal ligation.

Then make that the argument. Using ED drugs as a comparator to BC is a straw man and distraction.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »

You do realize that, on average, everyone pays more in premiums than they get in medical care? That's how for-profit insurance works. If you didn't pay, on average, more in premiums than you got in care your insurer wouldn't be your insurer for very long...they'd go bankrupt. Unless you're on Medicaid, you're paying your own way by paying the premium.

With that much muddle minded bullshit coming from you guys, who are brighter than most, it's a wonder our country still exists.

guido, you still labor under the impression that BCP is used only for contraception?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2012, 08:09:07 pm »

Then make that the argument. Using ED drugs as a comparator to BC is a straw man and distraction.

Opposite end of same street - as in the concept of reproduction.  But you know that....

With attacks from Dennis Miller about the one, and at his point in life, most likely thankful he can get the other.  

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2012, 08:34:31 pm »

You do realize that, on average, everyone pays more in premiums than they get in medical care? That's how for-profit insurance works. If you didn't pay, on average, more in premiums than you got in care your insurer wouldn't be your insurer for very long...they'd go bankrupt. Unless you're on Medicaid, you're paying your own way by paying the premium.

With that much muddle minded bullshit coming from you guys, who are brighter than most, it's a wonder our country still exists.

guido, you still labor under the impression that BCP is used only for contraception?

Gee whiz, Clavin.  I never thought of that!!!  I'm a partner in an insurance business, but don't let that stand in the way of your superior intellect.

Why do idiots like Sandra Fluke and yourself keep thinking you can get more goodies and pay less premiums or less taxes?

Do you understand the concepts of bankruptcy and personal responsibility?  Apparently not.  Just expect someone else to keep giving until they are utterly broke because you can't prioritize BC pills over a couple of Pie Hole Pizzas a month...sheesh.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

Do you understand the concepts of bankruptcy and personal responsibility?  Apparently not.  Just expect someone else to keep giving until they are utterly broke because you can't prioritize BC pills over a couple of Pie Hole Pizzas a month...sheesh.

Ok, I'll tell the women I know that take BCP for medical reasons other than birth control that you said they should take responsibility for themselves and not expect other people to pay for their medicine. It's like you think that because it has something to do with lady parts that it's inherently about sex.

I bow to your superior intellect. Roll Eyes

Arguments from authority are always good ones. Especially when the authority you claim has love all to do with the point at hand, which was actuarial, not sales-related.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:18:11 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:28 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKEedAuybQ[/youtube]

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:45:23 am by dbacks fan » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:07 am »

Ok, I'll tell the women I know that take BCP for medical reasons other than birth control that you said they should take responsibility for themselves and not expect other people to pay for their medicine. It's like you think that because it has something to do with lady parts that it's inherently about sex.

I bow to your superior intellect. Roll Eyes

Arguments from authority are always good ones. Especially when the authority you claim has love all to do with the point at hand, which was actuarial, not sales-related.

What the heck is the difference if it's for other reasons or not. Should I expect people to pay for my legit pain medications? or for everyone's medical prescriptions?

This is the pinnacle of straw men in this particular argument.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2012, 08:05:46 am »

What the heck is the difference if it's for other reasons or not. Should I expect people to pay for my legit pain medications? or for everyone's medical prescriptions?

A great many people have health insurance which includes prescription drug coverage, so yeah, a great many people expect the insurance company to cover prescription drugs under the policy the patient pays for. Why is this even in question?

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2012, 08:12:10 am »

A great many people have health insurance which includes prescription drug coverage, so yeah, a great many people expect the insurance company to cover prescription drugs under the policy the patient pays for. Why is this even in question?

Because I don't expect them to be paid for. If I find insurance that does, great. But I cannot demand a service provider provide me a service for what I want to pay for it. It just doesn't work that way, thank goodness.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2012, 08:27:11 am »

Because I don't expect them to be paid for. If I find insurance that does, great. But I cannot demand a service provider provide me a service for what I want to pay for it. It just doesn't work that way, thank goodness.

You don't expect your prescription drug coverage to cover...prescription drugs?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2012, 08:38:25 am »

You obviously don't understand the difference between a coconut and a pineapple.

One would hurt more than the other.

(A little late but I thought I'd throw that out there.)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org