A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:29:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 125079 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »

And now we open the bourbon.

JFC!  You made me wait until 3:45 to do that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

JFC!  You made me wait until 3:45 to do that?

It's tough to harness my massive intellect if I start much earlier.

I'd hate to explode the minds on here.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »

Narcissist.  It’s always about YOU and YOUR intellect.  Ne’er mind that some of us start to DT about 2pm.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

If it's Bulleit then I'm all for it.

Most others pale in comparison.  Even JD Green Label...   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

Narcissist.  It’s always about YOU and YOUR intellect.  Ne’er mind that some of us start to DT about 2pm.

Vanilla extract on sugar cubes.  Takes your mind off the shakes.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:55 pm »

I've been telling you all along there are some real selfish and thoughtless people in here but you NEVER listen. Now, start at 1pm.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:18 pm »

I've been telling you all along there are some real selfish and thoughtless people in here but you NEVER listen. Now, start at 1pm.

Ah, the days when we did.  Those were good days.  Was interviewed by KJRH at Blue Rose old location on one of those days.  I was a local mad cow expert that afternoon.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »

I was a local mad cow expert...
I've been that person many many times after having a few more than I should have... Shocked

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2012, 03:13:25 pm »

I've been that person many many times after having a few more than I should have... Shocked

My mother was so proud.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:34 pm »

A physician in this state has statutory protection for their conscience-based decisions and I have told you how providing the sort of care you expect (or that mother) is perhaps inconsistent with the standard of care.

Um, actually, unless you provide a citation to a different law, said physician does not have statutory protection for refusing to provide care for religious or moral reasons. Unless the Supreme Court decides it's opposite day the day they hear a case asking them to decide what (in effect, I don't have the window open right now) "abortion does not include contraception" means.

Oh, what, bourbon?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:03:27 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:14 pm »

Um, actually, unless you provide a citation to a different law, said physician does not have statutory protection for refusing to provide care for religious or moral reasons. Unless the Supreme Court decides it's opposite day the day they hear a case asking them to decide what (in effect, I don't have the window open right now) "abortion does not include contraception" means.

Oh, what, bourbon?

You are aware you are arguing with someone whose spouse, in fact, IS an ER physician, right?

You might want to pack this one in...

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »

You are aware you are arguing with someone whose spouse, in fact, IS an ER physician, right?

His spouse could be God incarnate and it wouldn't change the fact that the law he cited does not state what he claims it states. OSCN could be wrong or there could be another section of law that does in fact do what guido claims it does. That's why I asked for clarification.

I understood what he claims regarding EC to be true based on previous news reports, but then I looked and found that that the cited section only applied to abortion and the handling of in vitro embryos. Go look it up, if you like.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2012, 09:50:01 pm »

His spouse could be God incarnate and it wouldn't change the fact that the law he cited does not state what he claims it states. OSCN could be wrong or there could be another section of law that does in fact do what guido claims it does. That's why I asked for clarification.

I understood what he claims regarding EC to be true based on previous news reports, but then I looked and found that that the cited section only applied to abortion and the handling of in vitro embryos. Go look it up, if you like.

I’ll take the experience of the pros over the interwebz, thank you.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »

I’ll take the experience of the pros over the interwebz, thank you.

Better to believe one person's unelaborated opinion than the text of the law, I guess?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:37 am »

Better to believe one person's unelaborated opinion than the text of the law, I guess?

I have so moved on from you on this thread. Thx conman...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:17:52 am by guido911 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org