A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:57:19 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 250036 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »

There's a visual

I always thought "SKEEET" was short for "Lets go eat"

I guess it depends on the person.  I'd vote no.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2011, 07:04:20 pm »

Thanks, SXSW.  I'll stop fidgeting.

PS.  Any idea what sort of hotel they're planning?  I seem to remember it was a select service brand (Hilton Garden Inn or somesuch); is that still true?

That's probably right, something like that or Hampton Inn.  The nice hotel will be the Aloft in old City Hall.  That should start this summer too.  There will be a lot of activity around the BOK Center by the end of the year..

OurTulsa
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2011, 09:32:47 pm »

Walked by the lot this evening and a Flint guy was taping off the parking lot at the NE/c of 2nd and Cheyenne prepping for an official ground breaking on Friday.  He indicated that should be getting after the site immediately after the ceremony. 
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2011, 09:45:05 pm »

Walked by the lot this evening and a Flint guy was taping off the parking lot at the NE/c of 2nd and Cheyenne prepping for an official ground breaking on Friday.  He indicated that should be getting after the site immediately after the ceremony. 

Nice!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »

You mean the NW corner?  The NE corner would be the lot that multi-level garage is on, if I'm not mistaken.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2011, 07:23:50 am »

Northwestern Mutual will be the first building to go up from what one of their senior people told me.  He said their building will front Denver and face the BOK Center.  Retail and a nice restaurant on first floor.  They also plan for a gym and dry cleaners on site.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2011, 08:10:03 am »

Retail and a nice restaurant on first floor.  They also plan for a gym and dry cleaners on site.

I have fingers crossed this works out.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2011, 08:55:24 am »

I had mixed feeling about his final comment, "they are calling it 'One Place' because they want office and residential tenants to only have to visit one place downtown to take care of all their needs."

I love the influx of services, but I hope this doesn't become an island within the ocean that is downtown.

OurTulsa
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2011, 08:56:24 am »

Jeesh, I'm all sorts of turned around - the SW/c of 2nd and Cheyenne or the NE/c of the block.  It's the the small two row parking lot.  That's what was being taped off by the Flint guy.

I can't imagine they're going to start on the Denver front first unless it's on the south end of the block.  I was parked over there and specifically asked him if they were going to do anything on that lot soon and his reply was 'not yet'.  Our company hasn't gotten anything from American Parking telling us to scidaddle.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2011, 08:58:37 am »

I had mixed feeling about his final comment, "they are calling it 'One Place' because they want office and residential tenants to only have to visit one place downtown to take care of all their needs."

I love the influx of services, but I hope this doesn't become an island within the ocean that is downtown.

It won't.  It's just catchy marketing.

Funny you mention the amenities and trying to be somewhat of an island.  When I lived at Center Plaza (now Central Park condos) in '87/'88, they had a dry cleaner drop off, a bar, gym, and I think they may have even had a small convenience store.  It was handy to have those conveniences close at hand, but didn't keep me from venturing out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:42 am »

Jeesh, I'm all sorts of turned around - the SW/c of 2nd and Cheyenne or the NE/c of the block.  It's the the small two row parking lot.  That's what was being taped off by the Flint guy.

I can't imagine they're going to start on the Denver front first unless it's on the south end of the block.  I was parked over there and specifically asked him if they were going to do anything on that lot soon and his reply was 'not yet'.  Our company hasn't gotten anything from American Parking telling us to scidaddle.

If my understanding was correct the Northwestern Mutual building will be located on the northeast corner of Third St and Denver Ave OR the southwest corner of the block they are developing.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2011, 09:01:47 am »

It won't.  It's just catchy marketing.

Funny you mention the amenities and trying to be somewhat of an island.  When I lived at Center Plaza (now Central Park condos) in '87/'88, they had a dry cleaner drop off, a bar, gym, and I think they may have even had a small convenience store.  It was handy to have those conveniences close at hand, but didn't keep me from venturing out.

My concern isn't in the marketing, it is in a developer who has experience in gated residential development within sprawling suburbs.  Is he trying to develop the same gated concept downtown?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:32 am »

If my understanding was correct the Northwestern Mutual building will be located on the northeast corner of Third St and Denver Ave OR the southwest corner of the block they are developing.

This?

http://goo.gl/maps/7Tki

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:19 am »

I was right about Denver, but according to the Tulsa World they will be at Second St & Denver Ave.

Insurer is moving to new office downtown

This rendering shows a new downtown building that will house Northwestern Mutual Financial Network and retail and restaurant space. Located at Second Street and Denver Avenue across from the BOK Center, it will be part of the $100 million mixed-use One Place development. Courtesy

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer
Published: 4/14/2011  2:26 AM
Last Modified: 4/14/2011  9:05 AM

Northwestern Mutual Financial Network is moving its offices from south Tulsa to downtown to be part of the $100 million One Place mixed-use development near the BOK Center, the Tulsa World has learned.

One Place Center will be on the Second and Cheyenne corner of the development, while Northwestern Mutual will be in a four-story building on the Denver Avenue side.

"We're working with a great design team," Eggleston said, "and this new component will complement the rest of the development."

Northwestern Mutual will occupy the top two floors, taking up 20,000 square feet, while restaurant and retail space will consume the bottom floors.

"It will bring more synergy to what's already been planned and make the entire development more economically feasible," Eggleston said.

The Northwestern Mutual building will be the first component of the development to begin construction because the company wants to move fast.

"They are expected to be sitting at their desks, occupying the space by the summer of next year," Eggleston said, "so it's a very aggressive time line."

OurTulsa
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:21 am »

My car's there now (2nd/Denver) and we've not recieved any notice to move.  The site they were taping off was where the 15+ story building is shown in the rendering.  Who knows - but the official ground breaking is supposed to be tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org