A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:19:33 am
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1093753 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2070 on: May 03, 2023, 12:33:46 pm »

Ross Group just put the two surface lots they bought from All Souls on the market for double what they paid for it just like two years ago. One is listed for about $5 million the other $6 million. These are the full block lots at 6th & Elgin.

Wonder if Ross Group is having $$ problems. They've been trying to raise money for the Brookside project. They've burned a lot of investors locally so doesn't surprise me if they're having issues. Word gets around really fast if you consistently screw partners over. All Souls sold those lots for far too cheap so Ross Group will still make a million or two in profit off a quick hold period.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2071 on: May 03, 2023, 02:00:00 pm »

Ross Group was apparently forced to cut off it's engineering division after running into a snafu with the government over applying for small business contracts that they were too big for. They had to pay a massive fine and there may have even been criminal charges for some? Not sure what the end result of it all was, but they don't advertise for engineering jobs anymore and my old friend who worked there changed jobs suddenly. Ever since that incident, they've been much more quiet...

Would be awesome to see this area fill in with mid-rise residential. That's probably what will ultimately happen, but their timing isn't great due to the current macro issues.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2072 on: May 03, 2023, 03:22:47 pm »

Ross Group just put the two surface lots they bought from All Souls on the market for double what they paid for it just like two years ago. One is listed for about $5 million the other $6 million. These are the full block lots at 6th & Elgin.

Wonder if Ross Group is having $$ problems. They've been trying to raise money for the Brookside project. They've burned a lot of investors locally so doesn't surprise me if they're having issues. Word gets around really fast if you consistently screw partners over. All Souls sold those lots for far too cheap so Ross Group will still make a million or two in profit off a quick hold period.

I've heard Ross Group is out of the Brookside deal; currently it's just CBC Builds and their partners. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #2073 on: May 04, 2023, 09:41:45 am »

This is pretty cool, but it'll need to be self-contained for entertainment purposes since there isn't any nightlife anywhere nearby.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #2074 on: May 04, 2023, 06:21:11 pm »

This is pretty cool, but it'll need to be self-contained for entertainment purposes since there isn't any nightlife anywhere nearby.

I think this will be the catalyst needed for south downtown. The Sinclair building is planned to be converted to apartments and will have a large infill component to it as well on the surface lots under that same ownership. It will be a mix of affordable & market rate stuff.

If the church that owns all those building on the Southside of 11th including the Foolish Things building renovates those with some more retail that area could come together pretty quick. The corridor of Detroit south of 11th has so much potential too to be a really cool strip of stuff. I think needs some turnover to get out the more industrial/storage tenants to more active retail. The building across from TCC to the east on the Northside of 11th is being renovated and will be office/retail space soon too. I think many of the churches have finally came around to the idea that they can make money off real estate and that's more profitable than having endless amounts of surface parking.

I've heard Ross Group is out of the Brookside deal; currently it's just CBC Builds and their partners.  

Probably for the best, CBC seems to do good work.

Ross Group was apparently forced to cut off it's engineering division after running into a snafu with the government over applying for small business contracts that they were too big for. They had to pay a massive fine and there may have even been criminal charges for some? Not sure what the end result of it all was, but they don't advertise for engineering jobs anymore and my old friend who worked there changed jobs suddenly. Ever since that incident, they've been much more quiet...

Would be awesome to see this area fill in with mid-rise residential. That's probably what will ultimately happen, but their timing isn't great due to the current macro issues.

I don't think anyone got charged but they definitely took a big hit on federal contracts. I think having a project that focuses on retail along Elgin and the 6th Street frontage would be a big game changers - as much as Santa Fe Square and the PAC development. That corner has the ability to push development south to 11th and serve as a connector into the Pearl along 6th.

I wonder what is taking the Snyders so long to do anything with the old Nordam site. Seems odd they haven't even thrown out any ideas at all. I've been told they have things planned but no one ever can say with much detail on what the plans are. Way back in the day that site almost got sold to TopGolf who was going to build a giant suburban style development. Glad that never happened.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:26:08 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #2075 on: May 21, 2023, 03:52:42 pm »

https://www.newson6.com/story/64674d4b273d3c02682ac514/new-soul-food-restaurant-to-open-in-tulsas-historic-greenwood-district

GREENWOOD Dist.–A new Black-owned soul food restaurant is set to open in Tulsa’s Historic Greenwood District. With a ribbon-cutting scheduled for the same day as the anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre, May 31, Fixins Soul Kitchen will be one of the largest Black-owned restaurants in the state of Oklahoma.

The restaurant boasts 6,200 sq. ft. and a capacity of 250 people with indoor and outdoor seating. Fixins executives estimate the restaurant will create 85 new jobs and an estimated $1 million+ in annual sales tax.

Fixins is looking to hire 85 people for a range of positions including line cooks, prep cooks, servers, bussers, bartenders, hosts and food runners.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 03:57:32 pm by brettakins » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2076 on: May 21, 2023, 06:42:35 pm »

Several new places opening in the Arts District.  In addition to Fixins there is Isla's Kitchen (which includes a small bodega/market next to it) and Noche Mexico City-style tacos at Archer & Elgin.  Also The Bunker golf simulator bar by the same group opening Noche.  En Fuego is opening in the Guthrie Green pavilion.  And Cabin Boys is taking over the old Prairie Brewpub at Cameron & Main.

Anyone know what is going in the Laffa space on Main?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2077 on: May 21, 2023, 06:46:04 pm »

I saw over the weekend that the Catholic Diocese of Eastern Oklahoma has purchased First Christian Church at 10th & Boulder.  They intend to move their school at Holy Family Cathedral to that building which has room to expand.  Then renovate the existing school buildings into offices for the Diocese. 

Now they just need to sell some of those parking lots..

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2078 on: May 22, 2023, 07:24:00 am »

That's a great use for the First Christian Church building. The school seems to be very popular judging from the long lines to drop off every morning. I'm sure with the new vouchers that changes their economics quite a bit, so that school will probably continue to grow.

I believe Rosa also just opened up in the old MixCo space. Still haven't been but have heard good things. Glad to see the restaurant industry start to bounce back downtown from all the post-pandemic closures.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #2079 on: May 22, 2023, 11:01:59 am »

Holy Family announcement:

Holy Family Cathedral, a part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa, is happy to announce it has entered into an agreement to purchase First Christian Church of Tulsa’s campus in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. The property, located at 913 South Boulder Ave W., is a historic Greco-Roman church featuring a Byzantine-styled stained-glass dome with over 85,000 sq. ft. of facilities sitting on over three acres. Holy Family Cathedral is considering the property for its new classical school, which has grown from 87 students to over 200 over the last three years.

https://www.dioceseoftulsa.org/news/diocese-of-tulsa-purchases-first-christian-church-of-tulsa
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2080 on: May 23, 2023, 12:31:55 pm »

Signs on the old LAFFA space say it is being used as a temporary kitchen for the food bank, but Misfit Kitchen appears to be what is building it out. Can't find anything about them yet.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2081 on: June 29, 2023, 02:55:30 pm »

I noticed a sign for a new concept called Shake'n on the Rib Crib building at 1st & Detroit.  No idea what it is but glad to see Chandler repurposing that building after RibCrib moved into the BOK Tower.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2082 on: July 17, 2023, 01:59:39 pm »

Rose Pawn is finally closing on the first of August. The place has still been operating all this time a few hours a day, a few days a week. I guess it was the owners hobby. He has a sign on the front window to send "inquires" to. Guessing he is finally ready to sell the building and fully retire? That spot is probably the hottest real estate for a new bar or restaurant. The building hasn't really been touched in decades though... probably needs a complete gutting, but the bones are probably pretty solid?
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2083 on: July 17, 2023, 02:27:22 pm »

Rose Pawn is finally closing on the first of August. The place has still been operating all this time a few hours a day, a few days a week. I guess it was the owners hobby. He has a sign on the front window to send "inquires" to. Guessing he is finally ready to sell the building and fully retire? That spot is probably the hottest real estate for a new bar or restaurant. The building hasn't really been touched in decades though... probably needs a complete gutting, but the bones are probably pretty solid?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/316-E-2nd-St-Tulsa-OK/27515168/

Seems like they have renovation plans.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #2084 on: July 17, 2023, 05:47:00 pm »

Talk about a prime location! This will certainly help activate the street. Hopefully some more nightlife or high end bar... would love to see Elgin St really become more of a destination.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org