A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:19:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Development Overview  (Read 1093468 times)
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #2115 on: February 19, 2024, 11:09:16 am »

Very exciting for Tulsa.

Look at the list of other centers... pretty cool company to be in.

-Abu Dhabi, Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Shangai... etc.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2116 on: February 27, 2024, 03:02:02 pm »

I finally drove past the north side of downtown the other day and Western Supply is indeed well off the ground. Looks like it got cut down to about 5 stories throughout based on the posted rendering, but I'm glad for it regardless. It's still a huge development for that desolate corner. Really want to see some movement on that Arrive Hotel/new apartments a block down from it. There is no mention of it anymore from PIVOT, so I'm wondering if it has been canned completely.

Speaking of stalled projects, we seem to be stacking them up in the IDL... Lowood/Hodges Bend is still a burned out husk with no movement visible yet (probably still waiting on insurance issues to clear). The new brewery next to Fur Shop still hasn't made much headway despite aiming for a "late 2023" opening. Alley Cat Ranch hasn't made much visible progress on their "downtown amusement park" with pickleball and a ferris wheel or whatever. That's on top of OKPOP and a few other properties that have sat dormant for too long. I wonder if Misfit kitchen will ever open?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2117 on: February 27, 2024, 04:33:51 pm »

I finally drove past the north side of downtown the other day and Western Supply is indeed well off the ground. Looks like it got cut down to about 5 stories throughout based on the posted rendering, but I'm glad for it regardless. It's still a huge development for that desolate corner. Really want to see some movement on that Arrive Hotel/new apartments a block down from it. There is no mention of it anymore from PIVOT, so I'm wondering if it has been canned completely.

Speaking of stalled projects, we seem to be stacking them up in the IDL... Lowood/Hodges Bend is still a burned out husk with no movement visible yet (probably still waiting on insurance issues to clear). The new brewery next to Fur Shop still hasn't made much headway despite aiming for a "late 2023" opening. Alley Cat Ranch hasn't made much visible progress on their "downtown amusement park" with pickleball and a ferris wheel or whatever. That's on top of OKPOP and a few other properties that have sat dormant for too long. I wonder if Misfit kitchen will ever open?

One of the reasons inflation has slowed is due to construction grinding to a halt across the country.  It's very difficult to get anything financed right now.  Unless there are incentives tied to it, like Pivot's hotel apartment project, it likely isn't moving fast until rates are cut

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2118 on: February 27, 2024, 10:07:58 pm »

The old Holiday Inn at 7th and Boulder has sold to a Kansas City investor. New owner is covering the 224 hotel rooms into 117 market rate apartments.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2119 on: February 28, 2024, 08:16:33 am »

Now that's surprising. I thought hotels were hotly in demand downtown. With so many apartments coming online and rents starting to fall, it feels like keeping at as a hotel would have been the best investment. I'm still trying to understand how it failed in the first place. It is a big hotel, but it's in a great location and as far as I could tell it was in decent shape. Probably needed a refresh. Losing the holiday inn brand obviously hurt since no one wants to stay at a no-name hotel anymore unless it is fancy.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2120 on: February 28, 2024, 11:04:03 am »

The old Holiday Inn at 7th and Boulder has sold to a Kansas City investor. New owner is covering the 224 hotel rooms into 117 market rate apartments.

Well that's kind of a bummer. This was my preferred place to stay when I was in town. I liked the fact they had rooms with a usable balcony on the top floor for a small up charge. I had a feeling something was up when it closed as a Holiday Inn a couple of years ago and then opened up as 17 West with not so great reviews.

I know it's a 50+ year old building, but I don't spend that much time in a room when I stay somewhere and it was nice to have a restaurant and bar in the facility.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2121 on: February 28, 2024, 03:14:54 pm »

The city will be proposing a giant convention center hotel likely sometime this year.  This will be 600+ rooms.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2122 on: February 28, 2024, 06:35:03 pm »

The city will be proposing a giant convention center hotel likely sometime this year.  This will be 600+ rooms.

Is this the one that was going in where the County Courthouse is if it was going to be torn down?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2123 on: February 28, 2024, 07:00:32 pm »

Is this the one that was going in where the County Courthouse is if it was going to be torn down?

The city courts building next door. They are moving to the former State Farm complex in east Tulsa.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2124 on: February 28, 2024, 08:04:34 pm »

The city courts building next door. They are moving to the former State Farm complex in east Tulsa.

Ahhh, now I remember. Thanks.
Tulsadude
Citizen

« Reply #2125 on: February 29, 2024, 03:51:26 pm »

Not going to happen.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #2126 on: February 29, 2024, 05:12:40 pm »

Wow, I'm out of the loop! I didn't even realize the Holiday Inn had closed and it converted to a different brand of hotel. 
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2127 on: February 29, 2024, 05:40:36 pm »

Not going to happen.

Hmm? It's been broadcast as the intention for quite some time. Of course, interest rates make things a bit more difficult at the present moment, but that will hopefully calm down within the next few years. Might just have to slow walk the project.
Tulsadude
Citizen

« Reply #2128 on: February 29, 2024, 06:06:30 pm »

Hmm? It's been broadcast as the intention for quite some time. Of course, interest rates make things a bit more difficult at the present moment, but that will hopefully calm down within the next few years. Might just have to slow walk the project.

I will vote against any tax increase for this project.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2129 on: February 29, 2024, 06:07:34 pm »

Wow, I'm out of the loop! I didn't even realize the Holiday Inn had closed and it converted to a different brand of hotel. 

I think it was in late '20 or '21 they became part of Choice Hotels. I had stayed there in March of 2020 and then was thinking about staying there in '22 when I was back for a 40th high school reunion but when I was looking at dates they didn't have anything available, then they did but the prices had gone up about $35.00 and then the reunion was planned to be held at the Hard Rock in Catoosa so I wound up staying at Glo across the highway.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org