A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:46:16 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fur Shop  (Read 7025 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:07 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/music/former-fur-shop-club-dusted-off-for-reopening/article_3e490a48-9e4b-5401-86ec-221071685125.html

Opening is supposed to be the 27th which is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
saintnicster
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:43 am »

Because Blake needs to open yet another business while Archer Market has been sitting there for 2 years.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:34 am »

Because Blake needs to open yet another business while Archer Market has been sitting there for 2 years.

apparently this has nothing to do with the former fur shop @ 41st & Yale.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:29:45 am »

Because Blake should only open businesses that you approve of?  Or, that you think are what is best for downtown?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:22:33 am »

apparently this has nothing to do with the former fur shop @ 41st & Yale.

Because it has to do with The Fur Shop in that location in the 90s.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:44 pm »

Blake seems to be doing well with turnkey places.  He opened Legends almost overnight and this place from the article is ready to go with just some interior design to address.  Archer Market seems like more work and is a riskier business plan.  With Greenarch opening soon that will be good for grocery business.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »

Blake seems to be doing well with turnkey places.  He opened Legends almost overnight and this place from the article is ready to go with just some interior design to address.  Archer Market seems like more work and is a riskier business plan.  With Greenarch opening soon that will be good for grocery business.

Greenarch has been open for a while.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

Very cool.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:47 pm »

Because Blake should only open businesses that you approve of?  Or, that you think are what is best for downtown?

Because with Archer Market and Back-Alley Blues, it appears that Blake has too much on his plate as it is.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »

Because with Archer Market and Back-Alley Blues, it appears that Blake has too much on his plate as it is.

Opening a grocery store is a much larger undertaking than opening a bar.  Especially when the bar is essentially a turnkey project.  If he is able to reopen the Fur Shop and provide a visual link between it and Legends it will potentially open up that section of the Blue Dome and transition into the East End.  Currently that area is very dark and vacant in the evenings.

I've not discussed the Archer Market issue with Blake directly, but I have had several people recently tell me the delay for Archer Market is not all on his group.  Several issues (that affected the other tenant in that building as well) at play  which are out of his control.  I respect the fact that in spite of those obstacles he has continued to pursue the project and taken the PR hit when he could have blamed others.  I doubt Blake needs or desires anyone putting that out there or sticking up for him, but I figured I'd throw the info out.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 01:17:07 pm »

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »

I know archer is close.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:12 pm »

Opening a grocery store is a much larger undertaking than opening a bar.  Especially when the bar is essentially a turnkey project.  If he is able to reopen the Fur Shop and provide a visual link between it and Legends it will potentially open up that section of the Blue Dome and transition into the East End.  Currently that area is very dark and vacant in the evenings.

I've not discussed the Archer Market issue with Blake directly, but I have had several people recently tell me the delay for Archer Market is not all on his group.  Several issues (that affected the other tenant in that building as well) at play which are out of his control.  I respect the fact that in spite of those obstacles he has continued to pursue the project and taken the PR hit when he could have blamed others.  I doubt Blake needs or desires anyone putting that out there or sticking up for him, but I figured I'd throw the info out.

BTW, want to clarify the people I spoke with are not involved with Blake at all.  They were speaking from the landlord side of the equation.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 05:47:51 pm »

Not him, but he should run them by me.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »

Can we arrange one of those PETA protests for opening day?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org