A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:24:57 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 212603 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2014, 09:58:36 pm »

It's now official: "armed and dangerous" is a completely meaningless, overused term.

Despite the secret nature of the search, the FBI found no explosive device while ransacking Chaimberlan's home, nor did they expect to, according to a source not authorized to speak.

No bomb, no bomb threat, no weapons of any kind, nor any expectation of any, so what is this really about?  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/03/san-francisco-police-nab-ryan-kelly-chamberlain-after-three-day-manhunt/

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – Just hours after a “Goodby” letter surfaced from the man at the center of an FBI manhunt and explosives investigation, Ryan Chamberlain apparently returned to social media to deny federal claims that he is armed and dangerous.

“Nothing they’re reporting is true. No “Stashes.” Not “armed and dangerous.” No Car “Rigged to explode.” I explored some ugly websites, a year-ish ago. I was depressed,” Chamberlain told friends on Facebook.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/06/02/fbi-fugitive-hunted-after-sf-raid-makes-return-to-social-media-denies-explosives-claims-ryan-chamberlain-fbi-missing-facebook-twitter-armed-and-dangerous-note-manifesto-tweeting/

"Anyone who has the means, methods and access to make a bomb should be considered armed and dangerous," police said. "He has not made any threats that I know of... there is no threat to public safety at this time that we know of."

The two most amazing things about this story are that

1) it happens in America, and
2) nobody cares

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:01:14 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:20 am »

It's now official: "armed and dangerous" is a completely meaningless, overused term.

The two most amazing things about this story are that

1) it happens in America, and
2) nobody cares

Here is something more recent.

A San Francisco man accused of possessing bomb-making materials in his apartment also bought lethal toxins online, the FBI said in documents unsealed Friday.
Ryan Kelly Chamberlain II was charged this week with possession of an illegal destructive device.
Bomb technicians found a series of items in his house, leading to a manhunt that ended with his arrest Monday. Items included a powdery, green explosive substance, a model rocket motor, ball bearings and an igniter for home-made bombs, according to a different affidavit unsealed earlier this week. It did not list deadly toxins at the time.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/07/us/ryan-chamberlain-toxins/index.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:34 am »

I want to know if anything will happen to this Officer in Sperry after he injured a elderly man right in front of his Wife. Just because he was going to raz him about driving the wrong way on a street. This guy needs to be fired. A hot head with a gun is just dangerous.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Sperry-couple-says-they-were-abused-by-police/4bcPMa-JSUiWCxHJygvPQQ.cspx?rss=77

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:01 am »

A hot head with a gun is just dangerous.

Or a pizza oven  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:09 am »

It's like a everyday thing. A couple of shots to a Females body should help to get her handcuffed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2659839/Police-officer-investigated-grabbed-woman-head-punched-gay-pride-parade-woman-attacked-man-protesting-against-LGBT.html

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

Stop Resisting! Stop Resisting! "BANG!"................There that's better!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662107/The-shocking-moment-police-officer-shot-dead-unarmed-handcuffed-bodybuilder-outside-jail-tried-hospital.html

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2014, 11:06:07 am »

I actually like this guy and what he is doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2661752/Man-cited-warning-drivers-police-checkpoint.html

http://www.copblock.org/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:09:14 am by DolfanBob » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2014, 11:06:56 am »

More accidental shooting than not.

Are sedatives allowed when multiple tasing (5 in this case) have no noticeable effect?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2014, 11:08:13 am »

Would that be considered obstruction of justice, I wonder....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2014, 12:29:53 pm »

Would that be considered obstruction of justice, I wonder....

In Missouri, a federaL judge recently held warning others of a police speed check point was protected speech.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/05/federal-judge-rules-drivers-allowed-to-warn-other-motorists-speed-traps/

Kind of goes along wtih photographing the police operating in public - there is not genearlly any privacy right or protection for the police.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2014, 02:16:32 pm »

Kind of goes along wtih photographing the police operating in public - there is not genearlly any privacy right or protection for the police.

Like you or I, they have expectations of privacy... they just think that extends to being in a public place acting in a public capacity.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:45:48 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2014, 09:22:57 pm »

The medical examiner's report confirmed what the video showed: That Luis Rodriguez died from a combination of suffocating tear gas and the crushing weight of five officers on top of him.
It was a cut-and-dry Felony Murder... except the prosecutor lost his nerve when faced with the possibility of butting heads with the police union.

MOORE — A moviegoer died in February because physical restraint by police brought on a heart attack, the state medical examiner reported Wednesday.

The Feb. 15 death of Luis Rodriguez, 44, was ruled a homicide due to the physical struggle and police restraint associated. The medical examiner cautioned that the ruling of homicide doesn’t imply wrongdoing or criminal intent.
Rodriguez died following a scuffle with five officers in the parking lot at the Warren Theatre. The officers used pepper spray and handcuffs to subdue him.

The report by the medical examiner determined his death was caused by “cardiac arrhythmia due to physical restraint.” An arrhythmia is an irregular heart beat.
No drugs or alcohol were found in Rodriguez’s blood, the report states. Bruises and minor injuries were found — evidence of the struggle — but those injuries were not sufficient to cause Rodriguez’s death, the examiner found.

Cellphone video taken by Rodriguez’s wife documented some of the incident. The six-minute video, which was made public, starts with Luis Rodriguez seen face-down in the parking lot crying out “I can’t breathe!”
He had an officer’s knee on his back and other officers holding his arms and legs.

Three Moore Police Department officers and two off-duty game wardens were involved. The game wardens and one of the officers were working security for the theater. Surveillance video from the theater’s parking lot has not been released.  Moore Police Chief Jerry Stillings has said he believes the officers acted appropriately. An agency spokesman Wednesday released a statement saying the department has reviewed the autopsy report.

“From our understanding, prior health conditions coupled with the struggle with officers led to the death of Mr. Rodriguez,” the statement reads. “The medical examiner’s report indicates minimal physical trauma to Mr. Rodriguez, which commonly occurs when an individual physically resists.”
An attorney representing the Rodriguez family championed the medical examiner’s ruling.

“We were confident all along that this was a homicide. Today, the Oklahoma medical examiner’s office has confirmed this. We are in the process of reviewing the report. We ask that you please respect the family and allow them the opportunity to accept this news in peace,” Michael Brooks-Jimenez said in a written statement.

Police approached Rodriguez and his family outside the theater after a patron reported that Nair Rodriguez, his wife, slapped her 19-year-old daughter during an argument.
When security guards asked Luis Rodriguez for identification, he refused and took “an aggressive stance,” police said. That’s when game wardens attempted to handcuff and detain him.

He was taken by ambulance to Moore Medical Center, where he died. Medical records show he suffered a heart attack and evidence of medical treatment, such as needle punctures and catheters, were detailed in the medical examiner’s report.

MOORE — The officers who attempted to detain Luis Rodriguez outside the Warren Theatre earlier this year won’t face criminal charges, Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn notified the Moore Police Department on Friday.

Rodriguez died shortly after the incident, in which three Moore police officers and two game wardens struggled to handcuff the man in the parking lot February 15. The state medical examiner determined Rodriguez died of a heart condition known as cardiac arrhythmia, brought on by physical restraint.
In his findings, Mashburn said the use of force by the officers was “justified and appropriate under the law.”

The officers — Sgt. Brian Clarkston, officer Ryan Minard and officer Joseph Bradley, who are employed by the Moore Police Department, and game wardens Tyler Howser and Chad Strang — are expected to return to work.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »

The medical examiner's report confirmed what the video showed: That Luis Rodriguez died from a combination of suffocating tear gas and the crushing weight of five officers on top of him.
It was a cut-and-dry Felony Murder... except the prosecutor lost his nerve when faced with the possibility of butting heads with the police union.

MOORE — A moviegoer died in February because physical restraint by police brought on a heart attack, the state medical examiner reported Wednesday.

The Feb. 15 death of Luis Rodriguez, 44, was ruled a homicide due to the physical struggle and police restraint associated. The medical examiner cautioned that the ruling of homicide doesn’t imply wrongdoing or criminal intent.
Rodriguez died following a scuffle with five officers in the parking lot at the Warren Theatre. The officers used pepper spray and handcuffs to subdue him.

The report by the medical examiner determined his death was caused by “cardiac arrhythmia due to physical restraint.” An arrhythmia is an irregular heart beat.
No drugs or alcohol were found in Rodriguez’s blood, the report states. Bruises and minor injuries were found — evidence of the struggle — but those injuries were not sufficient to cause Rodriguez’s death, the examiner found.

Cellphone video taken by Rodriguez’s wife documented some of the incident. The six-minute video, which was made public, starts with Luis Rodriguez seen face-down in the parking lot crying out “I can’t breathe!”
He had an officer’s knee on his back and other officers holding his arms and legs.

Three Moore Police Department officers and two off-duty game wardens were involved. The game wardens and one of the officers were working security for the theater. Surveillance video from the theater’s parking lot has not been released.  Moore Police Chief Jerry Stillings has said he believes the officers acted appropriately. An agency spokesman Wednesday released a statement saying the department has reviewed the autopsy report.

“From our understanding, prior health conditions coupled with the struggle with officers led to the death of Mr. Rodriguez,” the statement reads. “The medical examiner’s report indicates minimal physical trauma to Mr. Rodriguez, which commonly occurs when an individual physically resists.”
An attorney representing the Rodriguez family championed the medical examiner’s ruling.

“We were confident all along that this was a homicide. Today, the Oklahoma medical examiner’s office has confirmed this. We are in the process of reviewing the report. We ask that you please respect the family and allow them the opportunity to accept this news in peace,” Michael Brooks-Jimenez said in a written statement.

Police approached Rodriguez and his family outside the theater after a patron reported that Nair Rodriguez, his wife, slapped her 19-year-old daughter during an argument.
When security guards asked Luis Rodriguez for identification, he refused and took “an aggressive stance,” police said. That’s when game wardens attempted to handcuff and detain him.

He was taken by ambulance to Moore Medical Center, where he died. Medical records show he suffered a heart attack and evidence of medical treatment, such as needle punctures and catheters, were detailed in the medical examiner’s report.

MOORE — The officers who attempted to detain Luis Rodriguez outside the Warren Theatre earlier this year won’t face criminal charges, Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn notified the Moore Police Department on Friday.

Rodriguez died shortly after the incident, in which three Moore police officers and two game wardens struggled to handcuff the man in the parking lot February 15. The state medical examiner determined Rodriguez died of a heart condition known as cardiac arrhythmia, brought on by physical restraint.
In his findings, Mashburn said the use of force by the officers was “justified and appropriate under the law.”

The officers — Sgt. Brian Clarkston, officer Ryan Minard and officer Joseph Bradley, who are employed by the Moore Police Department, and game wardens Tyler Howser and Chad Strang — are expected to return to work.

With this event, Moore police have been granted "00-" status....

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »

The video of the arrest following this slow-speed chase doesn't explain the fist-sized bruises he got before his mugshot.
20-30mph chase, and they still beat this minister up?

http://www.newson6.com/story/25843336/wrong-way-tulsa-driver-arrested-after-25-minute-chase-on-i-44?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10293681

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/tulsa-police-wrong-way-driver-refuses-to-stop

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:39 am »

Video of Cop slapping a mans Mother. In the doorway of her home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-msAtunFD0A

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org