A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:25:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma and Immigration Law  (Read 48514 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2014, 01:32:46 pm »

Inhofe has never forgotten and continues to crow about it - big oil!!  And he says they should give him more, so he can represent them better!

If not for big oil, we’d probably still be at or near double digit unemployment.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2014, 02:14:47 pm »

If not for big oil, we’d probably still be at or near double digit unemployment.

So diversification makes sense.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »

So diversification makes sense.

Our idea of diversification means sending manufacturing jobs overseas or across the border to diverse countries.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2014, 03:00:15 pm »

Our idea of diversification means sending manufacturing jobs overseas or across the border to diverse countries.

Yeah, it'd be cool if Oklahoma worked on educating the populous and improving living standards in the state.  That'd probably work out better then the dumbassed things we choose to rub our worry stones over.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2014, 03:28:07 pm »

Since when has Oklahoma ever been in double digit unemployment?

Or are you talking nationally....yeah, good thing they didn't do all those layoffs about every 3 years for the last what, 40 or 50 years or so?    Oh....wait....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:33 am »

In KWGS Interview: Governor Vents Over Immigration

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/kwgs-interview-governor-vents-over-immigration

Governor Fallin says it is unconscionable that the federal government places some of the undocumented minors with sponsors who themselves are in the country illegally. The Governor says often, these sponsors are relatives who themselves are illegal immigrants. The sponsor is given a date on which they are asked to return with the child to immigration court. However, only slightly more than half of the children ever return for that court date.

MARY FALLIN: “Because of the president’s amnesty policies, families in Central America are sending their children to make a dangerous journey alone across Mexico and eventually to our southern border. We know that some of those children don’t make it. They are abducted by traffickers, abused, and sometimes killed. By not getting serious about border control, and by pursuing policies that amount to amnesty, we are encouraging this dangerous journey and the atrocities that often accompany it."

Fallin says the current influx of immigrant children is unfairly burdening states and taxpayers. Minors from facilities like Fort Sill who are placed with sponsors are, under federal law, entitled to be educated in public schools. 

MARY FALLIN : “Many of our public schools are already at capacity and need additional funding. Our health care system is strained as it is. Now, instead of allowing us to address those needs for Oklahomans, President Obama is forcing us to add an unspecified number of illegal immigrants to our public education and public health systems."

Fallin said she agreed that the border crisis was, in part, a humanitarian issue, but that the administration’s policies were making the humanitarian crisis worse.

Aside from all the crazy-assed spin she vomits, something that stuck out was - Now she worries about public school education?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:34 pm »

Biggest freakin' loser governor we have ever had. Spin it baby.

I think its a drinking game with her ilk. Someone suggests an inane, totally unrelated subject to Obama and Democrats in general. First person to spin it as an evil directly related to Obama......chugs the Capn' Morgan.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »

I think its a drinking game with her ilk. Someone suggests an inane, totally unrelated subject to Obama and Democrats in general. First person to spin it as an evil directly related to Obama......chugs the Capn' Morgan.

That would explain some posts on here.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:47 pm »

She's Oklahoma's version of Sarah Palin.  Someone too stupid to even remember last week, let alone the history of where the law came from - Dec 2008, signed by Bush - that set the stage for this mess.  But since she is also the champion of the dumbing down of the kids in this state, I guess ya really can't expect much more than the most basic ability to read "The Script".

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2014, 01:55:49 am »

Do you ever listen to yourself. You wrote this about me recently as to Obama: "Your hatred and distrust of Obama's leadership or your insistence of lack of leadership is truly blinding to reality."

How do you rationalize that comment with your and other your libs in this forum's hatred for Fallin?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2014, 04:52:23 am »

Do you ever listen to yourself. You wrote this about me recently as to Obama: "Your hatred and distrust of Obama's leadership or your insistence of lack of leadership is truly blinding to reality."

How do you rationalize that comment with your and other your libs in this forum's hatred for Fallin?

I don't suppose you happened to read what Failin' said....?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2014, 06:54:57 am »

I don't suppose you happened to read what Failin' said....?

Not a chance he did.

There is no comparison with the limited criticism of Fallin for her tea party behavior during the last couple of years and the overwhelming ODS exhibited here for the last 7 years on a daily basis. Reality G. Its more than a concept.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »

Well Perry's got it handled.

All will be fine now.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »

He's got his smart glasses on too.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2014, 11:42:07 am »

One of the reasons I can't take him seriously is that damned picture...

Legislator Doctor Wants Minors Quarantined

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/legislator-doctor-wants-minors-quarantined

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A state legislator who is one of two doctors in the Oklahoma Legislature says state officials are ignoring his request that unaccompanied immigrant minors being housed at Fort Sill be quarantined.

Republican state Rep. Mike Ritze of Broken Arrow said Tuesday he's received no response from Gov. Mary Fallin, Attorney General Scott Pruitt and Commissioner of Health Terry Cline to a letter Ritze sent them last week requesting the quarantined.

More than 1,000 children are being housed at the southwest Oklahoma Army post near Lawton. During a media tour of the facility earlier this month, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Public Health Service said all the children at the facility undergo medical screenings before their arrival and that none are believed to pose a health risk.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org